+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
nthompson said:
I have a Criminal conviction from 12 years ago where I got arrested and got a record for it. Did not do any Jail time but just got a record which being British will be on my file for 99 years.
thanks for the clarification congrats again

Aldagr813

Jan 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to everyone who received their COPRs from London. ;D

There was a lot of action till about 2 weeks ago. They have gone back into slumber mode now. :(

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
nthompson said:
I have a Criminal conviction from 12 years ago where I got arrested and got a record for it. Did not do any Jail time but just got a record which being British will be on my file for 99 years.
Hey there nthompson, what date did your application go to "in process" if I may ask?

:)

DesiVoodoo

Sep 12, 2013
Hello All,

I have been an avid reader of this forum and would like to begin with saying a big thanks to all the people on this forum for sharing their valuable experiences regarding the whole immigration application process.If it wouldn't have been for your advice and suggestions, I would have still been struggling with filling my wife's sponsorship application.

It's been a tough few months since we submitted our application and with the recent news about the PAFSO strike, our hearts just dropped thinking about the potentials of further delay in getting our application processed via London VO. Thankfully, contrary to our speculations, it appears to be business as usual at London as we've just received a PPR email for my wife.

If it may help anyone, my timeline so far... :)
  • Full Application Submitted incl. all Fees. @ DHL, UK - April 8/4/2013
  • Application Delivered to Mississauga - April 11, 2013
  • Application Acknowledged by Mississauga - April 15, 2013
  • Sponsorship Approved - May 13, 2013
  • File Tx to London - May 20, 2013
  • ECAS Line Added for Medicals Received - August 13, 2013
  • ECAS PR App Status - In Process - September 6, 2013
  • PPR via eMail - September 10, 2013
  • PP sent via Special Delivery - September 13, 2013

The rest is TBA :)

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
A very good morning to you all,

I am sitting here on my break on my first day of work here in Canada and I took the chance of checking my email and this is the email I received from CIC:

Good morning,

Please be advised that all requirements have now been met. However, we are in the process of extending your medical examination result by an additional 12 months. Your current result is due to expire on 03/10/13. We will proceed with issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form as soon as this process has been completed.

Kind regards,
ACD

Not quite a DM, but sure as hell close! Does anyone know how long it takes to extend one's medical forms?

Cheers! :)

ToqueEh

May 22, 2013
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
18-06-2013
AOR Received.
14-04-2013
File Transfer...
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2013
Our ECAS says 'In Process' when we checked yesterday. That's encouraging! According to ECAS "We started processing ToqueEh's application on September 9, 2013."

Please update our line on the spreadsheet :)

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hey all,

Sooooooooooooooooo it seems bugging London may have done something. Yesterday I asked the person I have been emailing politely for an estimate as to how much longer etc......because it's been since December 2012 for me and they sent the following to me today:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We are pleased to advise you that your file has now been approved, we hope to have your Confirmation of Permanent Residence sent within the next week."

So that's GOOD :D 8) ;D ;) :-*

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
davidmarsden38 said:
A very good morning to you all,

I am sitting here on my break on my first day of work here in Canada and I took the chance of checking my email and this is the email I received from CIC:

Good morning,

Please be advised that all requirements have now been met. However, we are in the process of extending your medical examination result by an additional 12 months. Your current result is due to expire on 03/10/13. We will proceed with issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form as soon as this process has been completed.

Kind regards,
ACD

Not quite a DM, but sure as hell close! Does anyone know how long it takes to extend one's medical forms?

Cheers! :)
David be patient for some more time your copr is on the way,god bless,i'm thinking of you and all the applicants in my prayers,I received an email on Wednesday to have an updated police check which we are in process to have it done in priority.Luckily they sent be and my husband the email ,my husband never received the email cause they keep having a wrong email address for him ,
hopefully all applicants have a positive response soon ,from what im seeing london is on the move this week ,thanks immigration officers for working so hard :)

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
itsgonnahappen said:
Hey all,

Sooooooooooooooooo it seems bugging London may have done something. Yesterday I asked the person I have been emailing politely for an estimate as to how much longer etc......because it's been since December 2012 for me and they sent the following to me today:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We are pleased to advise you that your file has now been approved, we hope to have your Confirmation of Permanent Residence sent within the next week."

So that's GOOD :D 8) ;D ;) :-*
congrats i'm October 2012 still in process ,

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
^^^^^^ Hi Londongurl. I'm sorry it's taking so long for you. My ecas actually still says In Process. I really think it took me emailing them to get a response. I knew I was just awaiting background checks though so maybe they actually came in and it's all a coincidence that I emailed yesterday!??!

I'm taking nothing for granted though. Going to wait for the papers to be in my hands.

Good luck to you.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
itsgonnahappen said:
^^^^^^ Hi Londongurl. I'm sorry it's taking so long for you. My ecas actually still says In Process. I really think it took me emailing them to get a response. I knew I was just awaiting background checks though so maybe they actually came in and it's all a coincidence that I emailed yesterday!??!

I'm taking nothing for granted though. Going to wait for the papers to be in my hands.

Good luck to you.
sometime i'm happy about this process ,it keeps making my love and the bonding between my husband and i grow stronger this is a positive thing which this process has brought us though we have ups and down but what i've learnt through the process :how both of us want to be together so this makes me stronger that someday the waiting will be over ....still been patient ,

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
My finacee sent me this from the Toronto Star this week. How can this action be going on for nearly 6 months!? Frustrating

Permanent residency applicants appear to be taking the biggest hit from ongoing job action by foreign affairs officers, prompting concerns about whether Ottawa’s 2013 immigration target can be met.

According to government data obtained by the Star, the number of immigrant visas granted from May to July of this year has dropped 7.5 per cent, to 60,416 individuals. That compares to 65,255 in the same period last year and a whopping 22 per cent drop from the same three-month period in 2010.

The numbers appear to bolster claims by the foreign service workers’ union that staff are being diverted to process temporary resident visa applications — for applicants like tourists and international students — at the expense of permanent resident files, which the government denies.

“The processing of permanent resident visas has been ground to a standstill at a number of (visa) sections we targeted,” said Timothy Edwards, president of the Professional Association of Foreign Services Officers (PAFSO), whose members have implemented rotating strikes and work-to-rule at busy visa posts such as Beijing and Shanghai in China, Delhi and Chandigarh in India, Mexico City and Manila.

“All the resources have been thrown at processing the temporary resident visas. They are going to fall far short on their annual immigration target (of 260,000).”

Edwards said his 1,350 members have been instructed to focus on processing student and tourist visas, while resources at immigration offices in Canada have also been redirected to mitigate the workload and backlog abroad.

Since PAFSO began its job action in April, the number of temporary visas issued to foreign visitors, students and workers from its top 10 countries has actually risen by 11 per cent to 296,531, from the same time in 2012.

Ottawa has been under tremendous pressure from the tourism industry, universities and colleges, and employers to ensure that Canada’s $17 billion tourism industry and $7.7 billion international education sector would not be affected by the labour dispute.

But the government denies moving resources around as a way to deal with the strike.

“It is typical that Citizenship and Immigration Canada shifts resources during the summer months from permanent resident application processing to temporary resident application processing to meet an increased demand for visitor visas and study permits during these months,” department spokesperson Glenn Johnson said in an email to the Star.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said additional Canadian staff have been loaned on a temporary basis to help process visas. The union said that could compromise the integrity and security of Canada’s immigration system because the substitute staff do not have the same experience and expertise.

“CIC is providing training on an urgent basis so that more staff can process applications and is requesting staff work overtime where possible,” department spokesperson Glenn Johnson wrote in an email.

“CIC is also shifting more work to Canada and to overseas offices that have additional capacity. Processing of urgent humanitarian visa applications is essential work in all visa offices.”

There is still no resolution in sight as the job action enters its sixth month.

In November, Sarah Hedley applied to sponsor her British husband, Christopher Hedley, as a permanent resident from within Canada.

Sponsorship is a two-step process: the sponsor must be first approved by officials before the sponsored spouse is assessed. The first stage usually takes six months; the second stage, eight months.

Hedley, 24, said she has been checking the immigration department’s processing time counter on a regular basis and noticed only recently that the expected processing time for stage one has been extended to 10 months.

“They used to update it every week, but the counter stopped moving at the end of April. Now they are saying it will take up to 10 months just for step one,” said a frustrated Hedley, who works three jobs to support herself and her husband because he is not allowed to work while awaiting the initial approval for the first stage.

So as not to jeopardize the application, Christopher Hedley, a Leeds native, could not leave Canada to visit his ailing grandmother, who died of cancer on Sept. 3. If he leaves Canada, the current application would be forfeited and he would have to reapply from overseas.

“Chris is willing to work. He wants to work and is able to work. It’s devastating that he has to sit at home and wait and wait,” said Hedley, adding that her husband has been volunteering for a community group helping local seniors.

The 296,531 temporary resident visas issued this summer to the top 10 nationalities include 242,316 tourist visas, 21,514 work permits and 32,701 student visas.

The number of temporary visas approved fell dramatically in May and June during the early stage of the foreign workers’ strike, and caught up in July only after the tourism industry and education sector raised their concerns to the media.

In China, for instance, the number of tourist visas issued in 2012 fell from 29,788 and 26,190 in May and June, respectively, to 20,648 and 24,854 this past May and June. But in July, the number of visas approved to Chinese visitors almost doubled, to 35,586 from 17,855 last year.

The labour dispute centres on Ottawa’s refusal to close the wage gap between foreign affairs workers and their counterparts in similar types of work. Closing the gap will incur a $4 million one-time cost.

Visas issued from May to July 20122013

Visitors*226,837242,316
Foreign workers*15,82821,514
Foreign students*23,99232,701
Immigrants**65,25560,416

*Numbers reflect figures from the top 10 source countries in each category
**Number represents the overall global number

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Hi all,
I am just wondering....office had asked for other documents back in June, we sent them in July. DOes this mean we are in process?
As on the website it does not say that the process has started?

Should I email and ask if we are in process and how much longer?

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Hi Cdan,

Im pretty much in the same boat....

My application was received March 22nd and all mine says on ECAS is:
1) application received march 22nd
2) Medical results received

No changed on mine since then either... i was asked back in july to pay the final ammount $490. but like you, there is no changed on my ECAS.

I asked the same question on here a little while ago and informed not to worry as they dont always seem to update the ECAS system even if they are working on your file.

Good luck!
Lee.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Nocsy said:

There is still no resolution in sight as the job action enters its sixth month.

So as not to jeopardize the application, Christopher Hedley, a Leeds native, could not leave Canada to visit his ailing grandmother, who died of cancer on Sept. 3. If he leaves Canada, the current application would be forfeited and he would have to reapply from overseas.

Outland applications have been going through quicker than they have for quite some time since the strike started. Ironic really!

Also that's really sad about the guy's Grandmother but it's totally fine to leave Canada when you apply inland. Only if they refuse you entry do you forfeit your application. It's a strange myth.