+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Sweden said:
it does matter, as on the COPR it has to be the correct passport number. So if you get to Canada, and your passport has expired before you get the COPR, send a scan of the new passport to London to inform them.
Sweden
If you don't update CIC, the COPR will expire along with the passport and not with the medical. They use whatever date comes first.

stu08

Jul 17, 2013
Hi guys.
My application is still showing as "received". I know that my medical expired in August but I've had no contact yet. Should I go ahead and get them done just now, or wait until they inform me? Will this hold things up? Cheers!

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
stu08 said:
Hi guys.
My application is still showing as "received". I know that my medical expired in August but I've had no contact yet. Should I go ahead and get them done just now, or wait until they inform me? Will this hold things up? Cheers!
Hello Stu08,

I would say be patient and not get another one done just yet. They may extend the validity of your medical, so by doing another medical you would just be spending money you may not have needed to. Here is a link from CIC that will help you understand why.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

When did you submit your application to CPC-M and get your SA?

Hope this clarifies things for you.

frettis

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Just a quick question.

How long does it usually take for the decision to arrive in the mail (from london VO to canada)?
Just been 2 week so far, but when my mom sends letters from Sweden it usually take no longer the a week and a half.

OShea

Jun 4, 2013
Hi All,

Good to see more progress with London apps and the COPRs being issued!

Finally received my COPR yesterday!!!
Really happy and relieved as I am flying to Canada on Sunday so will be able to "land"

JUst need to do my B4 form - only bringing clothes, toiletries and laptop etc so shouldnt be too bad :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
frettis said:
Just a quick question.

How long does it usually take for the decision to arrive in the mail (from london VO to canada)?
Just been 2 week so far, but when my mom sends letters from Sweden it usually take no longer the a week and a half.
Somewhere between 1 to 2 weeks... if they mail the paper the day it turns DM on ecas... give it a few days more, and if next week you haven't received anything, send an email to London asking them which date they posted it, so you can get a better idea.
It's almost over - Grattis!
Sweden
OShea said:
Hi All,

Good to see more progress with London apps and the COPRs being issued!

Finally received my COPR yesterday!!!
Really happy and relieved as I am flying to Canada on Sunday so will be able to "land"

JUst need to do my B4 form - only bringing clothes, toiletries and laptop etc so shouldnt be too bad :)
Congrats- just in time :)

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hi all,

Does anyone think bugging London by email actually yields any results??

I emailed about a month ago and they said they are just waiting on routine background checks and they will notify me when they come in...however they don't know how long that will be.

Shall I just sit tight?

Thanks and good luck everyone.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Good Morning from a sunny Vancouver!

Just letting you know Sweden that I was requested for more information for my personal history on Aug 22nd and submitted it by email if you wanted to add that as notes to my timeline on the spreadsheet.

So another Tuesday passes and no change.

Have a great one y'al!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Just wanted to let you all know, I've landed now and already went through all the government offices yesterday to get my stuff together (SIN, OHIP, driver's license...). So much work and of course everything is being done in a different office. ;)

Now I'm looking into applying to school, as I want to get some Canadian experience too. Thursday we are getting the keys to our new house, so everything starts to get into place.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! :)

Malin

Jul 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2013
IELTS Request
-
Med's Request
19-02-2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
frettis said:
Just a quick question.

Mine took three weeks from London to Canada... Emailed London yesterday to ask what was going on and it arrived today. :)

OShea

Jun 4, 2013
Sweden said:
Congrats- just in time :)
Thank you Sweden!

I was just wondering for the b4 form with regarding clothing do i list everything or do I group them e.g. dresses, jeans, jumpers etc?

Kareena

May 8, 2012
Hello everyone!

ok please help or give ideas/suggestions...i am so anxious and annoyed. So briefly my case: applied for my husband last sept 2012. File went to London November 7th. My husband was on a study visa there, when we got married in jan 2013 we both met in pakistan, he didnt have to go back to London as he completed his studies. So he has been in Pakistan since then but his file is still in london. I got a status update on e-cas saying they started processing his app on apr 19th, however we did not receive any letter. Then in July our lawyer followed up and they replied saying they had mailed out a letter to us we r not sure what it was regarding but asked to get it resent as they had sent the letter to my husband in London and as he is not there anymore he never got it and we had even updated the address so not sure what happened. We thought the letter had to do with paying landing fees. So we paid them regardless. Then a couple of weeks ago my lawyer received an email from them asking to re-do my husbands medical as it expired in July. They only asked to do a chest x-ray. He did that in pakistan and we emailed them the proof of receipt like they asked. Now i am not sure what the next steps are and what to expect. Someone please advise! thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
OShea said:
Thank you Sweden!

I was just wondering for the b4 form with regarding clothing do i list everything or do I group them e.g. dresses, jeans, jumpers etc?

if you don't have anything different than what you would bring on a "normal" tourist trip, you don't have to fill out a B4 if you don't want to. Otherwise, you can group things into categories, no problem.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kareena said:
Hello everyone!

ok please help or give ideas/suggestions...i am so anxious and annoyed. So briefly my case: applied for my husband last sept 2012. File went to London November 7th. My husband was on a study visa there, when we got married in jan 2013 we both met in pakistan, he didnt have to go back to London as he completed his studies. So he has been in Pakistan since then but his file is still in london. I got a status update on e-cas saying they started processing his app on apr 19th, however we did not receive any letter. Then in July our lawyer followed up and they replied saying they had mailed out a letter to us we r not sure what it was regarding but asked to get it resent as they had sent the letter to my husband in London and as he is not there anymore he never got it and we had even updated the address so not sure what happened. We thought the letter had to do with paying landing fees. So we paid them regardless. Then a couple of weeks ago my lawyer received an email from them asking to re-do my husbands medical as it expired in July. They only asked to do a chest x-ray. He did that in pakistan and we emailed them the proof of receipt like they asked. Now i am not sure what the next steps are and what to expect. Someone please advise! thanks!
it's always hard to say what to expect, but asking for a re-med ( even partial) is a good thing - it means that they are getting closer to finalising your file. They would not ask for a re-med if they had no intention of issuing the visa, so I would say, you should be fairly close to completion. Next step is probably getting a passport request, which will be tricky in your case as you will need to get your husband's passport to London, and then back to Pakistan, to have the visa stamped, and the COPR to go with it. Start investigating how to send his passport to london (friends, family, lawyer etc.) so it will save you time when you get the actual passport request.

Good luck,
Sweden
PS: not getting a letter about processing the application is normal, nothing to worry about. The important part is that you contacted them and they know that you're not in London anymore and hopefully all communications will go through your lawyer/representative so nothing will be lost.