+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Thanks DGT! I was worried they would say something or I would need to prove that I've applied for the extension or something. Now I feel so much better! :)

Eowyn, I can't believe they still haven't sent you a new one! How hard it is to print out few pieces of paper?!? Unbelievable. I hope it will come soon and you guys can land!!

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Hi

After an enquiry by my sponsors MP in Canada we were given a bring forward (I think thats what they called it) date of 15 Sep.

What does this mean? Does this mean they have looked at the application?

Thanks

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Nocsy said:
Hi

After an enquiry by my sponsors MP in Canada we were given a bring forward (I think thats what they called it) date of 15 Sep.

What does this mean? Does this mean they have looked at the application?

Thanks
My understanding is that it means if they haven't got around to your application by then, the system flags your application for attention by a visa officer. They either start to work on it or assign a later bring forward date. It's supposed to ensure no application is missed.

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
PickleMash said:
For those a little more experienced than me....

now I have had time to sit down and breathe...and read the document properly...does anyone know, under Medical Details, if surveillance code 1 means anything significant?

Thanks
1 - no surveillance. Basically means you're healthy.

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
godisFin said:
I have a question about landing. I currently have an implied status, as I applied for the extension to my visitor status but haven't heard anything back yet. Is there going to be some problem at the border because of this? We want to go to States for the day and do my landing when we come back. Any answers appreciated, thanks! :)

And markstimson, thank you! :)
No problem. I was the same.

Then 2 days after I landed they magically approved my visitor visa...so I have that too lol.

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Afternoon all,

Im going nuts here... Im checking my Common-law outland application online everyday (feeling like every hour now-a-days) and nothing seems to be changing.

I Would love to clarify that the info below seems to be the norm:

Online it says:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2013
2.Medical results have been received (this appeared within a week or 2 as of MArch 22nd)

i also got an email approx 2months ago requesting payment for the 'Right of Permanent Residence Fee'. Which is the 2nd and final payment for the application - I sent them the reciept etc as requested.

Since then nothing... no changes no nothing.

Is this right? do others around my time-line have just this info showing on the on-line status?

I think im slowly getting the 'paranoid/whats going on bug' as many others seem to get during this process.

Cheers all for any advice!
Lee.
:-\

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
Needhelpplease said:
Afternoon all,

Im going nuts here... Im checking my Common-law outland application online everyday (feeling like every hour now-a-days) and nothing seems to be changing.

I Would love to clarify that the info below seems to be the norm:

Online it says:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2013
2.Medical results have been received (this appeared within a week or 2 as of MArch 22nd)

i also got an email approx 2months ago requesting payment for the 'Right of Permanent Residence Fee'. Which is the 2nd and final payment for the application - I sent them the reciept etc as requested.

Since then nothing... no changes no nothing.

Is this right? do others around my time-line have just this info showing on the on-line status?

I think im slowly getting the 'paranoid/whats going on bug' as many others seem to get during this process.

Cheers all for any advice!
Lee.
:-\
Has your sponsor been approved?

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Hi Orly,

Yep, sponsorship was approved April 16th.
So i guess the 22nd of March was when it was received in Missuaga?

Dont get this process at all, as hey asked me to pay the final installment but according the system it doesnt even say that they are even working on it???

Cheers,
Lee.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Needhelpplease said:
Hi Orly,

Yep, sponsorship was approved April 16th.
So i guess the 22nd of March was when it was received in Missuaga?

Dont get this process at all, as hey asked me to pay the final installment but according the system it doesnt even say that they are even working on it???

Cheers,
Lee.
Welcome to the CIC confusion! Ecas is not a reliable tool, so don't worry too much about it (easier said than done, I know).
If your file has been approved on April 16th and sent to London, then that's good. The medicals have been matched to your file, one less thing to worry about.
The fact that they have asked you to pay the RPRF is a good sign - somebody is indeed working on your file, and they have just not updated ecas.
Did you send the scan of the receipt to Mississauga AND London? London can not see right away that you have paid - only Mississauga can. Then Mississauga will inform London that the payment is complete for your file, so if you want, you can inform London that you have paid and add the scan receipt, it might save time ( I say might because there are so many factors!)
If you look at the spreadsheet in my signature, you will see that your timeline is fairly similar to lots of other cases, so for now there is nothing to worry about.
You might just wake up to a Decision Made on ecas one day, without "in process" (that's the case for quite a lot of people), and/or one day the postman will show up at your door with the COPR...

More waiting for you, and no guarantee of when a decision will be taken, but the RPRF is a good sign - hang in there!
Sweden

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks Sweden....

Yeah, i mailed the receipt to london and canada - also replied to their email that day to say that i had paid it.

Just couldnt work out how they could request the final payment when they havent changed the status to 'in process etc'.

I did look at your spreadsheet and noticed that im in the same time scale as the others - just needed to clarify it for my own sanity.

just hope its soon... 2 yrs sitting here in canada waiting for approval to work etc may sound fun to many or that im living the dream, but holy jesus... it gets a tad boring after a while! and i could do with some money!!

Oh well... best keep waiting...

Thanks Sweden and good luck to all the others in the same boat ;D

markdr

Sep 4, 2013
Don't know if this is the right place for getting added to the spreadsheet, but here's my timeline so far:

Applying outland for common-law sponsorship.

Application received: March 27th 2013
Sponsor approval: April 19th 2013
Application in process: ?
Decision made: ?

So we're still waiting. Best of luck, everybody.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Needhelpplease said:
Just couldnt work out how they could request the final payment when they havent changed the status to 'in process etc'.
As Sweden said, ECAS isn't reliable, so don't put too much stock in it. The VOs has to actually update it themselves and some of them just don't :). My partner went straight from Application Received to DM without going In Process, yet his GCMS notes show they started working on his file months before DM.

Your app has been looked at and the RPRF requested, so they are processing it :).

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
markdr said:
Don't know if this is the right place for getting added to the spreadsheet, but here's my timeline so far:

Applying outland for common-law sponsorship.

Application received: March 27th 2013
Sponsor approval: April 19th 2013
Application in process: ?
Decision made: ?

So we're still waiting. Best of luck, everybody.
Yes to let you know, someone has added you to the spreadsheet.

x

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
Needhelpplease said:
Thanks Sweden....

Yeah, i mailed the receipt to london and canada - also replied to their email that day to say that i had paid it.

I did look at your spreadsheet and noticed that im in the same time scale as the others - just needed to clarify it for my own sanity.

just hope its soon... 2 yrs sitting here in canada waiting for approval to work etc may sound fun to many or that im living the dream, but holy jesus... it gets a tad boring after a while! and i could do with some money!!

Oh well... best keep waiting...

Thanks Sweden and good luck to all the others in the same boat ;D
Given your timeline it's almost a certainty that they are in fact looking at your file. They've likely not bothered to update eCAS though.

Expect to hear something in the coming weeks.

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hello all,

I've been reading this thread for a while but couldn't register for some reason. It let me yesterday so....

I'm a London Outland common law status UK applicant, living in Canada (Montreal) with my fiancee. I'm currently on a temp work permit.

My fiancee registered me and she picked the username. It's her attempt at postive thinking ???

Anyway, our timeline is:

Application to sponsor received: December 27th, 2012
Sponsorship approval: January 18th, 2013
Application for PR received: December 27th, 2012 also
Started processing PR application: May 15th, 2013 (my birthday, oddly)
Medical results sent with original application: Received

I sent an email a month ago because I'm biting my nails off, and they are responsive: he/she said they were waiting for routine background checks to come back before DM.

Also of interest to some people: I got an email from them saying "before we can process....blah blah...we need history form filled back to when you were 18...blah blah..."

Now I was pretty sure I'd done this right in the first place so I emailed and asked if they were sure and they replied saying it was a mistake and they had everything they needed. So it just took asking them and it may have saved headaches.

Good luck everyone. I'm going a bit bananas waiting so it's nice to see people getting results.