+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

JDCA

Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just out of curiousity on the COPR form it mentions at the bottom: "Have you any dependents other than those listed below?" within the "Dependents information" ...

Just a little nervous about this one, during the application process we were expecting and we mentioned this within the application process... My wife (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen and my son was born late July within Canada (which I assume makes him a Canadian Citizen too)...

Whilst I am in the UK and the only one seeking PR status, when I mention at landing "yes" to that question do you think there will be an issue? :s just would be more than devastated if the process had to be done again! But there's a part of me that says this is why they would ask such a question for those expecting :s

PS - I tried emailing the immigration/consular guys and they gave me a generic template of basically explaining the scenario if the kid was born in the UK and we both needed to move there.... which I can understand we would have to start the process again if that were the case but they missed the actual situation ???.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
YAY

Im doing the COPR dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
On ECAS it showed in process 20th Aug and DM 23rd Aug.

My COPR says issued 20th Aug. - so confirms again ECAS isnt that accurate, unless they opened and closed my file in a day!

martyb

Aug 27, 2013
JDCA said:
Just out of curiousity on the COPR form it mentions at the bottom: "Have you any dependents other than those listed below?" within the "Dependents information" ...

Just a little nervous about this one, during the application process we were expecting and we mentioned this within the application process... My wife (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen and my son was born late July within Canada (which I assume makes him a Canadian Citizen too)...

Whilst I am in the UK and the only one seeking PR status, when I mention at landing "yes" to that question do you think there will be an issue? :s just would be more than devastated if the process had to be done again! But there's a part of me that says this is why they would ask such a question for those expecting :s

PS - I tried emailing the immigration/consular guys and they gave me a generic template of basically explaining the scenario if the kid was born in the UK and we both needed to move there.... which I can understand we would have to start the process again if that were the case but they missed the actual situation ???.
JDCA,
My wife and I had our first child together in Canada at the end of May. I contacted London and they told me that they would contact me during the processing of my visa and that there was nothing more I should worry about. We registered the birth as you would expect and have made a copy of the birth certificate, just in case! I'll let you know if we hear anything more but hopefully we won't!

martyb

Aug 27, 2013
so-impatient said:
On ECAS it showed in process 20th Aug and DM 23rd Aug.

My COPR says issued 20th Aug. - so confirms again ECAS isnt that accurate, unless they opened and closed my file in a day!
Am I right to think that ECAS only updates once a week anyway?

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Well in the past week there have been updates almost every day for different people, monday through to friday! Like my DM update was on a friday.

JDCA

Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martyb said:
JDCA,
My wife and I had our first child together in Canada at the end of May. I contacted London and they told me that they would contact me during the processing of my visa and that there was nothing more I should worry about. We registered the birth as you would expect and have made a copy of the birth certificate, just in case! I'll let you know if we hear anything more but hopefully we won't!
Cheers Marty! Yea I assume there would be no issue either as they are both citizens and the finance side of things have already been assessed via family class, but just one of those grey areas which I hope won't go against me when landing. But it's nice to know that you probably have nothing to worry about and nothing changed :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Me too... I suspect that London's definition of "urgently" may vary from that found in most well-known dictionaries.

Sigh.. and Grrr...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
JDCA said:
Cheers Marty! Yea I assume there would be no issue either as they are both citizens and the finance side of things have already been assessed via family class, but just one of those grey areas which I hope won't go against me when landing. But it's nice to know that you probably have nothing to worry about and nothing changed :)
you'll be fine. On the "dependent" category for the COPR they expect to see people that need to land at the same time as you ( you're the principal applicant for PR, and children are dependent). But if in your case, the baby is already Canadian, so they are not "dependent" in terms of PR - you won't have an issue at landing.
Sweden

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
My fingers and toes are crossed for everyone!

Esp scottishmaple!!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
zardoz said:
Me too... I suspect that London's definition of "urgently" may vary from that found in most well-known dictionaries.

Sigh.. and Grrr...
Lol. i know!
i can't believe you are still waiting for yours! they made a mistake so they should've send you a corrected one asap!!!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Im excited to see what next week brings for everyone!

I just wanted to write here for anyone new to the process - me and my husband got married after 4 months of dating - we had known eachother our whole lives in the sense that we knew each other as kids and then lost touch completely in the middle then met again as adults
but I think what really helped our application is a TONNE of supporting evidence about our relationship and I know sometimes people can we oh well we are genuine so whatever I only need one picture of us but if anyone has even a hint of a red flag like we did lots and lots of supporting evidence really does help!

martyb

Aug 27, 2013
so-impatient said:
Im excited to see what next week brings for everyone!

I just wanted to write here for anyone new to the process - me and my husband got married after 4 months of dating - we had known eachother our whole lives in the sense that we knew each other as kids and then lost touch completely in the middle then met again as adults
but I think what really helped our application is a TONNE of supporting evidence about our relationship and I know sometimes people can we oh well we are genuine so whatever I only need one picture of us but if anyone has even a hint of a red flag like we did lots and lots of supporting evidence really does help!
Couldn't agree more with this. My wife and I have a friend who used to work in the London office and she told us that a marriage certificate is golden but a variety of photos, in different places, with different people and things which are dated (Mail, bills, wedding invitations, flight itineraries) overcome red flags