+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
woop woop!

Get ready to do the COPR dance!

JDCA

Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martyb said:
Decision made! Woohoo!
Now the wait....
Wooo congrats mate! :D I have been away for a few days and it looks like some great news has happened! :D

I managed to get in touch with London Immigration on two occasions cause the first I received a template which didn't really explain the situation, but the second I got a personalised response which was sweet... it said "If your child was born in Canada and is entitled to Canadian citizenship it will not be necessary to declare the dependant upon your arrival in Canada." - hope that helps you too :D

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013

oslofish

Jul 16, 2013
Been lurking the boards for the last little while, and thought I'd finally say hi!

My spouse and I are in waiting mode, with a timeline very similar to many of those of you now getting the answer you've been so patiently waiting for. Here is our timeline, and feel free to add it to the London spreadsheet:

January 31 - application received
February 21 - sponsorship approval
May 20 - requested new Schedule A Background Declaration form (history from the age of 18), Right of Permanent Residence Fee (sponsor must pay, not applicant, which we had done)
June 28 - medical results requested
July 9 - medicals done
July 26 - medical received
August 7 - ECAS status changed to in process

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Welcome oslofish!

Hopefully you well get news soon :) are you common law or married?

I think possibly because your initial application was not complete: i.e. needing extra docs and medicals done much later it may have taken a bit longer. But atleast you are in process :D

oslofish

Jul 16, 2013
We're married :D

Figured we added a month or 2 or more to our processing time with the application being incomplete, yeah (though I originally provided 10 years of background history as per the instructions!) Also having lived abroad for 12 years previously, I have a feeling that the background checks will take longer than usual, too.

I had my medicals done first time in September 2012, and ended up re-doing the medicals in July (due to the time having passed, concerned they would expire while in process) and had the results submitted via eMedical. I was dealing with a pretty incompetent, unhelpful panel physician in Oslo, as well, which was stressful, to say the least.

I can relate to the many of you who are checking ECAS daily for updates!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
For those living in Canada, and if in Toronto even better, how long has the COPR taken to arrive after ECAS has changed to DM?

I figure since I have until a few days into early Oct before my IEC expires, I probably need a DM by Mon 16th at the latest to have a chance of getting the COPR in my hands before having to return to Blightly and wait it out.

Becoming a visitor won't work for me and my employers.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
markstimson said:
For those living in Canada, and if in Toronto even better, how long has the COPR taken to arrive after ECAS has changed to DM?

I figure since I have until a few days into early Oct before my IEC expires, I probably need a DM by Mon 16th at the latest to have a chance of getting the COPR in my hands before having to return to Blightly and wait it out.

Becoming a visitor won't work for me and my employers.
We're over on the west coast, it took just over a week for my partner's to arrive. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get there.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Just got a knock on the door and there it was, mail man with my COPR! Finally!!

My PR was issued already on August 15th, could someone change it to the spreadsheet please. :)

And, when I emailed them (they answered August 28th) to ask when they sent it, they said August 23rd. Well... on the envelope it has the date August 28th and August 29th, so I don't know what to believe. :D Maybe they sent it when I started asking for it... because it is the exact same date.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
We're over on the west coast, it took just over a week for my partner's to arrive. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get there.
Cool, thanks.

And Godisfin - Congrats!!!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
I have a question about landing. I currently have an implied status, as I applied for the extension to my visitor status but haven't heard anything back yet. Is there going to be some problem at the border because of this? We want to go to States for the day and do my landing when we come back. Any answers appreciated, thanks! :)

And markstimson, thank you! :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
godisFin said:
I have a question about landing. I currently have an implied status, as I applied for the extension to my visitor status but haven't heard anything back yet. Is there going to be some problem at the border because of this? We want to go to States for the day and do my landing when we come back. Any answers appreciated, thanks! :)

And markstimson, thank you! :)
I did the same thing. I landed while on implied status (and I applied for my extension right at the last minute!), and expected some sort of issue. None came, all went well and CIC emailed me a few weeks later telling me that I was getting a refund for the extension application! You'll have no bother.

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
godisFin said:
Just got a knock on the door and there it was, mail man with my COPR! Finally!!
Yay!! Congratulations!

We are still waiting for them to return our corrected CoPR. Getting so unbelievably frustrated. We want to land and we can't until they pull their finger out and correct their stupid error. :mad:

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Hello fellow London Applicants!
I would like to be added to the London Spreadsheet. Here are our details,

Medical Done: July 15th, 2013
Application Sent: July 22th, 2013
Application Received by CPC-M: July 29th, 2013
Stage 1 AOR: August 15, 2013
Sponsorship Approval: August 26th, 2013
Visa Office: London, UK
Destination in Canada: Winnipeg, Manitoba

That's all we have so far.
Its great to see that the PAFSO strike does not seem to have effected processing! That's good news. I hope the wait is not too long!
Best of luck with everyones application!