+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Out of curiosity - What are potentially some of reasons for some taking longer and some being quicker if there is never extra documents required and meds are all in order etc if its apparently a first come first serve basis?

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
so-impatient said:
Out of curiosity - What are potentially some of reasons for some taking longer and some being quicker if there is never extra documents required and meds are all in order etc if its apparently a first come first serve basis?
Quite a few factors judging by the circumstances of those people experiencing delays:

1. Your nationality, and those with dual nationality.
2. Having travelled extensively, lived out of your home country, and spending 6 months or more in a country not of your nationality.
3. Criminal records.
4. If children are to accompany you.
5. Visa officers unable to locate forms.
6. Serious health problems (although this can't be the basis of a rejection, some circumstances will require extra tests).
7. Having served in the military.

This list is definitely not exhaustive and no doubt others can add to this.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
davidmarsden38 said:
They have had my application for 10 months nearly and I think I will become one of the few who make it a year before I hear anything. Extremely frustrating. I have stopped checking ECAS every hour and only check it over my morning cup of tea.

I am over the 4 month in process mark and have involved my MP now - if anything happens I will let you all know. As for now, time to head to Victoria and enjoy a little vacation away from Vancouver! I intend to eat my body weight in fish this weekend.
Welcome to this side :) nice weather in Victoria, plenty of crabs to eat if you like that ( as well as fish of course!) :)
so-impatient said:
My application has been in London since March 7th and still says 'app received' on ECAS sniff sniff

Ok so maybe I shouldn't expect or wait for a reply if some go unanswered
I sent London 3 emails and never got an answer. Never had in process on ecas either. One day, it just turned to Decision Made, and that was it! :)
godisFin said:
Oh, so it takes 2 weeks to come if I'm already in Canada! I was all prepared to flagpole this weekend :p I guess I'll change those plans then. Lol.
It depends :) it seems to take somewhere to 1 week (if you live on the East Coast, in a big city), to 2 weeks (West Coast of Canada, remote community, ferry complications on the way etc.
But DM usually appears when the COPR is actually sent out, so I wouldn't expect anything for at least a week - it goes with normal post, not express etc. so it takes a while... but it's soon over!
Sweden

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
markstimson said:
Quite a few factors judging by the circumstances of those people experiencing delays:

1. Your nationality, and those with dual nationality.
2. Having travelled extensively, lived out of your home country, and spending 6 months or more in a country not of your nationality.
3. Criminal records.
4. If children are to accompany you.
5. Visa officers unable to locate forms.
6. Serious health problems (although this can't be the basis of a rejection, some circumstances will require extra tests).
7. Having served in the military.

This list is definitely not exhaustive and no doubt others can add to this.
Security checks seem to be a major delay for some applications. Not all jurisdictions are as forthcoming with information as others. Imagine trying to get security check results from North Korea for example.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Sweden said:
It depends :) it seems to take somewhere to 1 week (if you live on the East Coast, in a big city), to 2 weeks (West Coast of Canada, remote community, ferry complications on the way etc.
But DM usually appears when the COPR is actually sent out, so I wouldn't expect anything for at least a week - it goes with normal post, not express etc. so it takes a while... but it's soon over!
Sweden
Ok, I'm in Toronto area, so it might come faster than in 2 weeks. But yeah, I know how slow this postal system is and especially if it's normal post... then I'm really not surprised if it takes that 2 weeks. :D Thanks Sweden!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
godisFin said:
Ok, I'm in Toronto area, so it might come faster than in 2 weeks. But yeah, I know how slow this postal system is and especially if it's normal post... then I'm really not surprised if it takes that 2 weeks. :D Thanks Sweden!
My partner got DM on March 10th, got the COPR all the way over on Vancouver Island March 18 and flagpoled on the 19th :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
My partner got DM on March 10th, got the COPR all the way over on Vancouver Island March 18 and flagpoled on the 19th :)
Oh, so there is hope for me to get it sooner than in 2 weeks! :D thanks!
And, it comes to our mail box, or do I need to sign something?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
godisFin said:
Most people in Toronto get theirs in 1 week, so you can probably flagpole next week end :)
Mine came to the mail box without having to sign anything (in fact, it was supposed to be at my inlaws, and for whatever reason the postman delivered it to the neighbours... )

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Can I be added to the spread sheet??

Files sent to Misissauga on 15 Feb. Sponsorship approval 7th March - Meds done on Jan 26th

And ermm Im married, says app recieved currently on ecas.

I think thats all the info?

I dont know how to make that thing under my name!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
godisFin said:
My partner's needed to be signed for but several people like Sweden didn't have to sign for theirs, so I can't say for sure.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
godisFin said:
I had to sign for mine.

Coral_Bliss

Aug 13, 2013
Congratulations to everyone who went in process and got decision made! :)

Our ecas changed to decision made as well. Not sure when but we only noticed yesterday.
& It also says we went in process on August 14th. And we got our PPR via email on August 15th.
Really can't to get the Visa! :)

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
Sniprat said:
I wonder if anyone has experience of bringing a cat over? It all seems so remarkably straightforward that I find myself sceptical.
I don't know if this helps but my husband brought our dog and it was really easy!
We just got a vet certificate stating the dog's name, breed, age, weight, chip, vaccinations etc. And the vet also certified our dog was from a rabies-free country. When we arrived (at Toronto) they pretty much went through the papers and that was it. Everybody just said our dog behaved so well because he didn't bark at all. :D

We got that certificate from our city's veterinarian (a competent government authority).