+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
herewecome said:
Wow just seen your timeline - 15 months! Congratulations on staying sane!
Thanks...and Staying sane is my speciality :p i can say that now after going through immigration matters in canada for most of my time here.... Long stories even when putting sponser file aside..
But all over. Thank God.

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
hello sweeden, what time the ecas change in our system like morning, afternoon or evening? I am checking every 1 hour. I am planig to check every morning or evening according to you guys suggestation. my passport was reached in london cic on 19 june 2013. stillin process status. feeling bored

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sugalk said:
hello sweeden, what time the ecas change in our system like morning, afternoon or evening? I am checking every 1 hour. I am planig to check every morning or evening according to you guys suggestation. my passport was reached in london cic on 19 june 2013. stillin process status. feeling bored
there is no set time, also because it depends where in the world you are... and people have their ecas changed at random time... but sticking to checking once a day is a good idea for your own sanity! so just pick one, and stick to it.... give it 2 weeks before you see anything on ecas more or less...
Good luck,
Sweden

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Small news here: We finally got our Visitor Visa Extension paper in the mail yesterday! We applied in February and it was approved in March... but we got the paper yesterday after it being lost in the mail once.

Small yay! :)

Lat Lat

Jan 27, 2012
Help please ?

My file has been in process since 29 may . On 17 June , we received an email from CIC asking for updated police clearance certificates from Africa and UK .

Does this imply that this is just the final information that the CIC need or do they then start to review the file once all documentation is complete ?

Just wondering while looking at the stars .....

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Are we seeing a trend here with London? There seems to be an increase in the number of requests for "extra documents / information" from them. Does anyone know which CIC procedural manual is being used to justify things such as "updated PCCs"?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
katelynlc said:
Small news here: We finally got our Visitor Visa Extension paper in the mail yesterday! We applied in February and it was approved in March... but we got the paper yesterday after it being lost in the mail once.

Small yay! :)
Awesome Yay! We must celebrate the small things during this process :D

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
zardoz said:
Are we seeing a trend here with London? There seems to be an increase in the number of requests for "extra documents / information" from them. Does anyone know which CIC procedural manual is being used to justify things such as "updated PCCs"?
thats so true what I can see it that nearly every one has been asked extra additional information especially the information since the age of 18 years which in the initial application it states 10 years older or depending on your age since 18 years ,im finding that quite strange but no comments and also most of us who are filling their application on their own are missing the family background form which I think there is a misinterpretation of what they are asking as it cannot be that most people are been having the same issues their information are not clear enough ,anyone to comment,thanks

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
No request for extra docs here but there has been no update since sponsorship approval in Jan

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
herewecome said:
No request for extra docs here but there has been no update since sponsorship approval in Jan
Don't worry, this appears to be relatively normal. We received no requests for extra documents and our status didn't change from "Application Received" until the day before we got "Decision Made." Basically our status didn't change on ECAS for 7 straight months, and the only update we got was in late May because we asked for one. Most people before and just after us on the spreadsheet had gone "In Process" one or two months before us.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Bad news guys, I still can't believe it but my boyfriend broke it off, this whole process was too much and me being depressed and sad (because of the stressful situation this puts you in) did it for him so yeah I haven't got my answer yet but CIC won this one... One less Canadian+non Canadian couple :( so my practical question is how do I contact CIC to withdraw my application and do I get a refund if my case is 'in process'??! I payed all of the fees so I want them back kind of...omg this is so surreal :(

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
SwedentoQuebec said:
Bad news guys, I still can't believe it but my boyfriend broke it off, this whole process was too much and me being depressed and sad (because of the stressful situation this puts you in) did it for him so yeah I haven't got my answer yet but CIC won this one... One less Canadian+non Canadian couple :( so my practical question is how do I contact CIC to withdraw my application and do I get a refund if my case is 'in process'??! I payed all of the fees so I want them back kind of...omg this is so surreal :(
Man... I'm so sad to hear that.... I know exactly how you feel. The pressure of this process almost destroyed my marriage. Divorce was discussed, I left the apartment. It was horrible. This process is so goddamn destructive and it makes the people waiting feel utterly worthless...

If you are absolutely sure that it's all over for you both (and I hope that maybe things might pick up again for you), then you should do a case specific enquiry advising them of the situation. As for refund, I believe that you'll get your RPRF back if you'd payed it already, but not the processing fees.

Man. What a mess.

:(

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
SwedentoQuebec said:
This sort of thing angers me so much. CIC really need a kick up the ass.

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
Hi all,

I'm landing on Tuesday the 9th, finally! Does anyone know what I need to declare on my form B4, i'm literally just coming through with clothes, a laptop (which although once expensive is now falling apart), a phone, a portable hardrive and a few crappy litte electronic devices, like a little speaker for my iphone, some headphones and an Apple airport express thing. I also have three pictures from Nepal that i have no idea of the value of, probably $20 each or something. Oh and oddly some salt and pepper shakers! Do I need to declare all this?

Thanks

Rebecca

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
Hello all.. Been a few weeks since my last post.. A simple update for you..
Today is officially 4 months "In process".. Coming up on 11 months for the application process in about 10 days..

I was at the Canada Day celebrations in London on Monday and lo and behold they had a Canada Immigration desk/stall/tent.. So......

I approach the desk, Canucks hockey shirt proudly on show, (Sorry, we all have our issues) and a friendly young chap asks "Hello, can I help you!! My response : "Probably not, but can you tell me why my application for immigration is taking so damn long??"

With this I am directed to the 'manager' in the office who asks about my circumstances, takes my email address and file number (which I can rattle off in my sleep!!) and ensures me that I will have something in the mail box by the end of the week to let me know what the current situation is.. Considering I've mailed the office 4 times since the 24th May with no response, I wasn't holding my breath..

And so, yesterday I receive this email in the inbox :

Good morning,

The necessary background checks for your application remain in process. As previously indicated, the background checks are a lengthy process that can take several months. We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of this procedure. However, please be assured that we will be in contact as soon as there have been developments with the processing of your file.

Your medical examination result has been extended by an additional 12 months. The validity date is now 08/06/2014.

Kind regards,
CDD

Now I know that this isn't massive progress and realistically I'm still no closer to 'decision made'.. However, the extrension on the medical is at least a good thing.. I guess..

Anyways, just thought I'd drop this update in.. Still holding thumbs for ScottishMaple!!

AlanJB