+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

jackmb

Nov 14, 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/01/2013
AOR Received.
20/02/2013
File Transfer...
20/02/2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
SwedentoQuebec said:
haha you mean in process! My boyfriend also says in progress, cracks me up since I haven't seen any progress yet! I laugh to not cry!
LOL, yes I do mean In Process, I never even noticed that it wasn't progress until just now. :p

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Hi all...landing went ok, got SIN number, applied for health cover, just waiting on PR cards now!! Drove to the States and came back though Niagara and made a day of it. Border officer was lovely - talked me through what I needed to do now, SIN number etc.

So now to the task of finding work!!

Thinking of you guys still hanging in there - thought I'd post my experiences of entering Canada whilst I was waiting to maybe help those of you considering this and for Scottish Maple who will be on her way...so, so, so excited for you :)

First time to wait it out was just before Christmas, had return flights booked for April, they were as cheap as a one way at the time and thought it would make the border questions easier. No problem at border, was given six months and wished good luck.

No sign of COPR in April so decided to use my ticket back and spend a week in the UK seeing friends and family. Flew back in fact 6 days later, only had a 1 way ticket, but did have print out of bank account proving I had funds to fly home if necessary. Honest with the border agent, said I hoped we were in final stages and that if it was not confirmed in 6 months I would be back in the UK anyway. Another reason for going back was to get my daughters biological father to sign declaration that he was happy for her to move to Canada....wont bore you with all the gory details, but finally got this sorted. Scottish Maple, if you have a copy of the completed, notarised form to hand its worth taking this with you to deal with any questions that might arise about you travelling alone with your daughter. When I came back in April the border agent wanted to see this....don't know if she could see on file that this paperwork was outstanding so may not be an issue.

Good luck to everybody, I'm sure one day we'll look back at this time in our lives and laugh...but that seems a long way away right now!! Thanks to everybody that has supported and offered advice along the way. If I can do the same for anybody, please PM me - don't get on here often.

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Desi PK said:
sad sad sad..I don't have a good news for your people. Unfortunately...!!

Strike news:

Canada's foreign service officers are targeting Prime Minister Stephen Harper's trip to Europe next week as a part of a bold tactic to rejuvenate stalled contract talks.These include London, Paris and Dublin — destinations for a major European trip by Harper next week that includes a stop at the G8 summit..It's going to mean a massive backlog and huge reduction in the pace and volume of the processing of visas and permanent resident applications in these locations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/07/canadian-diplomats-strike-harper_n_3397649.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/with-harper-going-to-europe-some-of-canada-s-diplomats-walk-off-job-1.1314237
Strikes have been happening since may. According to the London CIC twitter feed it's business as usual. Relatively...

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
What is the twitter feed for London CIC?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Dubrider said:
Strikes have been happening since may. According to the London CIC twitter feed it's business as usual. Relatively...
While they have been in a strike position since May, this consisted largely of information picketing and refusal to work overtime etc.

The action has now escalated to walk outs.

Hard to say how many people walked out, and for how long.

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Me, DGT and Blueboom are in the same ship. Our applications are approved and all of we are waiting for COPR. Infect I don't know anyone who recently got COPR !!

Lat Lat

Jan 27, 2012
Help please !

I received an email from CIC office in London requesting that I provide a fresh police clearance from UK and from Malawi in Africa .

The UK police clearance provided to CIC was issued more than 18 months ago and therefore the request is reasonable , however, the Malawi police clearance is not that easy to obtain. The police clearance from Malawi covers a period of 5 years from 1994 to 1999. I have an original tax exit certificate from malawi when I left the country that provides evidence that I have paid my taxes , although this is not a police clearance

My option is that I request the Malawian authority to provide the certificate and provide this proof to CIC office in London.

Will the process of my application be hindered if we fail to provide the police clearance certificate ? Will Cic office accept tax clearance certificate as half way evidence ?

Grateful for your input / comment s

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
The strike news is so depressing. It's hard not to just feel really deflated right now...

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Lat Lat said:
Help please !

I received an email from CIC office in London requesting that I provide a fresh police clearance from UK and from Malawi in Africa .

The UK police clearance provided to CIC was issued more than 18 months ago and therefore the request is reasonable , however, the Malawi police clearance is not that easy to obtain. The police clearance from Malawi covers a period of 5 years from 1994 to 1999. I have an original tax exit certificate from malawi when I left the country that provides evidence that I have paid my taxes , although this is not a police clearance

My option is that I request the Malawian authority to provide the certificate and provide this proof to CIC office in London.

Will the process of my application be hindered if we fail to provide the police clearance certificate ? Will Cic office accept tax clearance certificate as half way evidence ?

Hi!

Unfortunately, I'd say that you'll have to get a clearance from Malawi. I understand how difficult that can be (my uncle has lived and worked in Nigeria for about 10 years now. Government and police matters are incredibly difficult!), but CIC won't be happy without the clearance. I suggest that you get back to them and tell them that you will provide it, though it might take a little longer to acquire.

By the way, here are the instructions for obtaining a police clearance for Malawi from abroad.

"Applicants should provide two photographs, a complete set of fingerprints certified by a recognized police authority and details of residency (dates and addresses) to:

Officer of the Inspector General
Malawi Police
Private Bag 305
Capital City
Lilongwe 3, Malawi"

Good luck!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Lat Lat said:
Help please !

Make every attempt possible to show that you have tried. If you can't get one after a few months (3 to 4) then send the proofs that you have tried and ask for a waiver. I did that (not for Malawi but similar situation), but I had included the beginning of attempts proofs in my application and updated London after they had my file for 3 months - so I could show 6 months of efforts to get my police record, as well as a certificate from my employer at that time that I didn't commit any crime. I ask them to waive the requirement, and they issued my COPR.

Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
claire_09 said:
Hi all...landing went ok, got SIN number, applied for health cover, just waiting on PR cards now!! Drove to the States and came back though Niagara and made a day of it. Border officer was lovely - talked me through what I needed to do now, SIN number etc.

So now to the task of finding work!!

Thinking of you guys still hanging in there - thought I'd post my experiences of entering Canada whilst I was waiting to maybe help those of you considering this and for Scottish Maple who will be on her way...so, so, so excited for you :)

First time to wait it out was just before Christmas, had return flights booked for April, they were as cheap as a one way at the time and thought it would make the border questions easier. No problem at border, was given six months and wished good luck.

No sign of COPR in April so decided to use my ticket back and spend a week in the UK seeing friends and family. Flew back in fact 6 days later, only had a 1 way ticket, but did have print out of bank account proving I had funds to fly home if necessary. Honest with the border agent, said I hoped we were in final stages and that if it was not confirmed in 6 months I would be back in the UK anyway. Another reason for going back was to get my daughters biological father to sign declaration that he was happy for her to move to Canada....wont bore you with all the gory details, but finally got this sorted. Scottish Maple, if you have a copy of the completed, notarised form to hand its worth taking this with you to deal with any questions that might arise about you travelling alone with your daughter. When I came back in April the border agent wanted to see this....don't know if she could see on file that this paperwork was outstanding so may not be an issue.

Good luck to everybody, I'm sure one day we'll look back at this time in our lives and laugh...but that seems a long way away right now!! Thanks to everybody that has supported and offered advice along the way. If I can do the same for anybody, please PM me - don't get on here often.
Congratlations on your landing.

Thank you so much for the info it will be a big help.

x

PickleMash

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
Completely off topic, I know! But here is something for all you Winnipeggers...or hoping to be Winnipeggers!

https://myspace.com/donamero/music/song/hometown-74159455

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
This is from CIC...

I thought whatever the response was it wouldn't bother me...but this kind of makes me feel uneasy...

Your application currently remains under review. We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the processing files and therefore can not confirm that your application will be finalised before you travel to Canada.

We will be in contact upon review of your file should we have any further requirements

:(

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
scottishmaple said:
This is from CIC...

I thought whatever the response was it wouldn't bother me...but this kind of makes me feel uneasy...

Your application currently remains under review. We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the processing files and therefore can not confirm that your application will be finalised before you travel to Canada.

We will be in contact upon review of your file should we have any further requirements

:(
Shall I translate for you?

*Ahem*

Your file is currently on somebody's desk but said somebody has not weighed in to work for a few days and we are uncertain when they will. Also, I am uncertain whether I will be in to work as well and, really, I couldn't be bothered with correct grammar... oh, it is sunny outside, so I think a round or two at the pub is in order, although I can give you information as to why I am there and not here if you get on a train and come down to London. ;D

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
How long should it take them to update the mailing address on ECAS? I think I submitted the email to them via webform over a week ago but it hasn't changed yet.