+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
This is from CIC...

I thought whatever the response was it wouldn't bother me...but this kind of makes me feel uneasy...

Your application currently remains under review. We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the processing files and therefore can not confirm that your application will be finalised before you travel to Canada.

We will be in contact upon review of your file should we have any further requirements

:(
That's total f$£%ng bu$@$%it.

Can't believe it. But you know what? Screw it. Just get on that plane and get yourself over there first and foremost. The most important thing for you right now is to be with your partner and actually get yourself halfway out of limbo.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eabie said:
How long should it take them to update the mailing address on ECAS? I think I submitted the email to them via webform over a week ago but it hasn't changed yet.
it took about 2 weeks for mine to be changed on ecas, so it should be all good.
scottishmaple said:
This is from CIC...

I thought whatever the response was it wouldn't bother me...but this kind of makes me feel uneasy...

Your application currently remains under review. We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the processing files and therefore can not confirm that your application will be finalised before you travel to Canada.

We will be in contact upon review of your file should we have any further requirements

Sorry to hear that!! so frustrating...

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
scottishmaple said:
This is from CIC...

Aww I'm so sorry they are being such asshats over there. I know it's frustrating but you'll be on Canadian soil soon enough! :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
katelynlc said:
Aww I'm so sorry they are being such asshats over there. I know it's frustrating but you'll be on Canadian soil soon enough! :)
Amen.

Also, i've just been reminded by my signature. Today I hit the 8 month mark!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
DGT said:
Amen.

I would say "congratulations" but I hardly think that's appropriate. I really hope they get a move on, for everyone!!

kevwoodfine

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Hi Zardoz

Your on the same timeline as me - did you get any email from london that they have your app -

mine still says app received

my wife passed 1st stage end of feb -- I check my ecas and it still says application received - I've not had any email or letter nothing just
confused on why no update...

really sad right now - it's all so depressing

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
We got an email requesting more information, completely unwarranted I might add.
Apart from that, nothing... Not even a receipt for the stuff we sent them. Sigh.....

I should point out that London do not send out Stage 2 AOR, ever

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Sniprat said:
Shall I translate for you?

*Ahem*

Your file is currently on somebody's desk but said somebody has not weighed in to work for a few days and we are uncertain when they will. Also, I am uncertain whether I will be in to work as well and, really, I couldn't be bothered with correct grammar... oh, it is sunny outside, so I think a round or two at the pub is in order, although I can give you information as to why I am there and not here if you get on a train and come down to London. ;D
Not to make light of scottishmaple's situation, but that was hilarious. Certainly gave me a giggle. :p

Scottishmaple, I do hope that everything works out for in time. This whole process is so unbelievably frustrating. I knew the wait would be difficult, but I didn't realise just how all-consuming it would become. Fingers crossed for you!

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zardoz said:
We got an email requesting more information, completely unwarranted I might add.
Apart from that, nothing... Not even a receipt for the stuff we sent them. Sigh.....
I think it's rude and shows a complete lack of respect and understanding for those going through this. Even if the application takes a long time to process, it would be nice to have reasonable updates so we know at the very least that we are heading in the right direction and our paperwork hasn't gone missing etc.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
kevwoodfine said:
is your ecas showing now processing?

Thxs for the reply Good luck buddy
Nope. Just the same as yours.
We received your application for permanent residence on February 25, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sniprat said:
Shall I translate for you?

*Ahem*

Your file is currently on somebody's desk but said somebody has not weighed in to work for a few days and we are uncertain when they will. Also, I am uncertain whether I will be in to work as well and, really, I couldn't be bothered with correct grammar... oh, it is sunny outside, so I think a round or two at the pub is in order, although I can give you information as to why I am there and not here if you get on a train and come down to London. ;D
So Very True!

katelynlc said:
Yeah, I will! Looking forward to it!

DGT said:
Amen.

ummmm Congratulation???!!! :-\
Eowyn said:
Not to make light of scottishmaple's situation, but that was hilarious. Certainly gave me a giggle. :p

Scottishmaple, I do hope that everything works out for in time. This whole process is so unbelievably frustrating. I knew the wait would be difficult, but I didn't realise just how all-consuming it would become. Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks, just feeling deflated because I perhaps thought that the response might be we are in the final stages blah blah blah but for them just to say it is still under review it makes me worry that there are further issues with my application

P.S. Can anyone recommend Travel Insurance or Health Insurance to cover us...I know Bupa does health insurance but for 3 months it is hitting the £350 mark and it is kinda pushing the budget for us...

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
scottishmaple said:
P.S. Can anyone recommend Travel Insurance or Health Insurance to cover us...I know Bupa does health insurance but for 3 months it is hitting the £350 mark and it is kinda pushing the budget for us...
I use Moneysupermarket a lot for comparing insurance prices so it's probably your best bet.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
As far as anyone is concerned you will be a tourist so use something as suggested above. You should be able to get something comprehensive for a lot less even though you will be away for a prolonged amount of time

PickleMash

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
Just be careful with the longer term travel insurance policies - mine is a year long multi trip policy from Insure & Go, but it specifies that each trip can only be for a maximum of 90 days...I only discovered this in the very small print! If that is enough for you I think it cost a little over 100 pounds & I had to cover a pre-existing condition