+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Hey can i get more info on the B4 anyone? Does it exempt you from customs??
And we give it to immigration at landing? Any tips??

Also is there a cheap shipping solution out of scandinavian countries????
Fedex is charging wayyy too much to ship my wifes stuff ( which a lottt of boxes *sigh*)

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eabie said:
The "In Process" thing still confuses me a bit. Our file's still just at "Application Received" while most people around me on the spreadsheet are either "In Process" or "Decision Made." But in an email from CIC they said our file is "still under review." I'm not sure whether that just means it's in process but ECAS doesn't show it because, well, it's ECAS... or if "In Process" is some advanced stage of "under review" we have yet to get to.
it's just ecas... some officers seem to update it, some don't....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Immigration007 said:
Hey can i get more info on the B4 anyone? Does it exempt you from customs??
And we give it to immigration at landing? Any tips??

Also is there a cheap shipping solution out of scandinavian countries????
Fedex is charging wayyy too much to ship my wifes stuff ( which a lottt of boxes *sigh*)

Thanks
Yes - B4 allows you to import things without paying customs. Your wife should fill it with the list of whatever she is bringing now, and whatever she is shipping and will be arriving later. When she lands, and complete the PR procedures, she will give it to the officer to stamp. Once your boxes arrive into the country, you will be able to clear customs without paying fees with the B4 that got stamped at the border. You can fill out 1 for what she brings with her, and 1 for "goods to follow". Have 2 copies of each, sometimes the immigration wants to keep one at landing.

Shipping from Scandinavia is expensive. I did a google search to send from Sweden, and most places quoted were actually shipping through the UK. It was less expensive that way, but honestly a bit complicated with various customs etc... my 6 boxes eventually made it to Canada though.

Good luck,
Sweden

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Sweden said:
you should receive the extension by post, so if they're processing February and yours was received in January, it's time to call and inquire!
Good luck!
Sweden
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: Called CIC and they told us hubby's visitors extension is good until March 2 2014!! Plenty of time for London to get their arse in gear and process our application! We haven't got anything in the mail yet but we should be getting something shortly! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
katelynlc said:
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: Called CIC and they told us hubby's visitors extension is good until March 2 2014!! Plenty of time for London to get their arse in gear and process our application! We haven't got anything in the mail yet but we should be getting something shortly! :)
Good to know indeed! just don't tell London - in case they decide to take their sweet time! :)

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hey people of the internet,

So, my application has been "in process" for about 6 weeks now and I was wondering, does something like my past travel history to the US and Australia slow things down considerably?

I wouldn't have thought that it would be considered a complicated thing.

Just thinking out loud...

Cheers!

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
This is of interest to us. I don't think I saw it posted here. http://www.embassynews.ca/news/2013/05/28/striking-envoys-say-they%E2%80%99ve-been-offered-talks/43919

From page 2:

London immigration

Six immigration officers at the Canadian mission in London were off the job for three days last week.

One immigration officer, who did not want to be identified to avoid possible repercussions, said the past few weeks have been difficult.

“It's very hard for us, all of the job action is very hard for us, working to rule is hard for us,” the officer said.

“Walking away from my files at the end of the day knowing that if I just stayed a little bit longer, more could get done, that's incredibly difficult.”

But the officer said PAFSO was asking them to stand up for something that should be expected—equal pay for equal work.

“We're being asked to do this because there are people working, doing the same work as some of our colleagues and are being paid more, and fundamentally that just seems to me to be wrong,” the immigration officer said.

The impact of the striking has varied from mission to mission.

In London there were locally engaged officers who were able to make decisions on temporary and permanent residency files.

While there wasn't much disruption on issuing temporary residency visas, for example, the immigration officer said there was an impact in other ways.

People noticed the six employees were gone, and other staff members were called in to do jobs they wouldn't normally do.

“The intent wasn't to cause a backlog of 1,200 temporary resident visas...the intent in my opinion was to show that we're here,” the immigration officer said.

Some of the impact could be felt later on.

Both officers who dealt with family class immigration cases withdrew services, so some of those files would have a three-day delay in being dealt with.

“This is not easy for us...this is not something that we dream of doing,” the immigration officer said.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey people of the internet,

So, my application has been "in process" for about 6 weeks now and I was wondering, does something like my past travel history to the US and Australia slow things down considerably?

I wouldn't have thought that it would be considered a complicated thing.

Just thinking out loud...

Cheers!
Travel history can delay a bit, if the dates are not really clear for example. Did you submit a Police record for each country ?
In process can be from a lot of different things, so it could be travel, but it could be other things...
Good luck,
Sweden

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Sweden said:
Travel history can delay a bit, if the dates are not really clear for example. Did you submit a Police record for each country ?
In process can be from a lot of different things, so it could be travel, but it could be other things...
Good luck,
Sweden
Yeah, the FBI checks were the ones that held me up! But yes, all background checks from the countries/ states I lived in were submitted.

I guess with job hunting, there is nothing else to do apart from pick up all the reasons why it could be slow.

Oh well, back to cooking dinner! Cheers Sweden!

AndyBhoy1983

May 31, 2013
Evening folks!

First time poster, long term(ish) (is 6 months long term here?) reader.

I'm a UK national being sponsored by my common law Canadian spouse for Permanent Residency in Canada. Our application was received on 20th February 2013 and my spouse was approved as a sponsor on 15th March 2013. So, we're currently patiently waiting for the rest of the application to be processed.

I've been visiting my spouse in Canada since mid-March and have been finding it difficult to keep myself occupied with the lack of work and structured routine.

I was wondering if anyone in a similar situation has worked "remotely" for a UK company whilst visiting Canada for a prolonged period of time. Is it possible to do this?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
AndyBhoy1983 said:
Evening folks!

First time poster, long term(ish) (is 6 months long term here?) reader.

I'm a UK national being sponsored by my common law Canadian spouse for Permanent Residency in Canada. Our application was received on 20th February 2013 and my spouse was approved as a sponsor on 15th March 2013. So, we're currently patiently waiting for the rest of the application to be processed.

I've been visiting my spouse in Canada since mid-March and have been finding it difficult to keep myself occupied with the lack of work and structured routine.

I was wondering if anyone in a similar situation has worked "remotely" for a UK company whilst visiting Canada for a prolonged period of time. Is it possible to do this?
Hi Andy! Welcome.

I feel your pain with the lack of routine. Been here since November and going out of my mind with no work!

As for the work thing, I don't see an issue with you working remotely provided that the payroll is processed in the UK.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Here's the situation - CL for more than 5 years London based. We will both be in Canada 99% of the time from October. We have a trip prior to that in August with both returning back to London after it. We aren't shipping anything but are taking a lot via airline and we want half of it to go in August. Can the Canuck 'land' then and take all their stuff in without jeopardising the outstanding CL PR app?

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
DGT said:
I believe AirTransat is the cheapest airline in most cases for getting to Canada. You can get your SIN number in one day after you land! Take your COPR and passport to a Service Canada office and they will issue you one on the spot. It takes about a 30 minutes or so.

Congratulations and good luck!

Hi , thanks for your reply, i will try with air transit .

Thanks

AfShe

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Hi everyone,

Just an update from our side. Alhamdulilah my husband and I landed in Toronto yesterday on May 31, 2013 ;D

Immigration didn't take us too long and everything went smooth. Now I hope that we both are able to find work quickly....

All the best to those still waiting...:)

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
AfShe said:
Hi everyone,

Just an update from our side. Alhamdulilah my husband and I landed in Toronto yesterday on May 31, 2013 ;D

Immigration didn't take us too long and everything went smooth. Now I hope that we both are able to find work quickly....

All the best to those still waiting...:)

Congrats and wish you all the best in your job hunt.