+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
herewecome said:
Here's the situation - CL for more than 5 years London based. We will both be in Canada 99% of the time from October. We have a trip prior to that in August with both returning back to London after it. We aren't shipping anything but are taking a lot via airline and we want half of it to go in August. Can the Canuck 'land' then and take all their stuff in without jeopardising the outstanding CL PR app?
Yes - it shouldn't be an issue. Have a look at the CBSA website under "returning Canadian", and as long as whatever you're taking is within the limits, it should be all good.
When I came in as a tourist, I arrived with 2*23kg bags and wasn't asked for anything ( my partner - Canadian - had the same amount and wasn't asked either).
Later, we shipped 6 boxes and I still didn't have my PR, but was able to clear customs for 6 boxes ( of 20kg each) under "returning Canadian" ( I did the procedure for my partner who was working, where I was sitting home waiting....). So a few bags should be OK as well. Just have a list ready with the content, and show that you have looked into the matter and that it fits under "returning Canadian", and I don't think you would have an issue. Hopefully your PR is there before August also!
Good luck!
Sweden
AfShe said:
Hi everyone,
Just an update from our side. Alhamdulilah my husband and I landed in Toronto yesterday on May 31, 2013 ;D
Immigration didn't take us too long and everything went smooth. Now I hope that we both are able to find work quickly....
All the best to those still waiting...:)
Congrats and Welcome to Canada to your husband! good luck with the job search!
Sweden

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Sweden said:
Yes - B4 allows you to import things without paying customs. Your wife should fill it with the list of whatever she is bringing now, and whatever she is shipping and will be arriving later. When she lands, and complete the PR procedures, she will give it to the officer to stamp. Once your boxes arrive into the country, you will be able to clear customs without paying fees with the B4 that got stamped at the border. You can fill out 1 for what she brings with her, and 1 for "goods to follow". Have 2 copies of each, sometimes the immigration wants to keep one at landing.

Shipping from Scandinavia is expensive. I did a google search to send from Sweden, and most places quoted were actually shipping through the UK. It was less expensive that way, but honestly a bit complicated with various customs etc... my 6 boxes eventually made it to Canada though.

Good luck,
Sweden

Thanks a lot..
One more thing, we are sort of getting tired of waiting and with the strike it will get worse
So I am thinking to call my wofe over for a visit.. As she dont need a visa..
So if she were to come here m COPR arrive
I guess we would go to US n re-enter. In that case would the B4 still work for her stuff coming from norway after she re enters as PR?

Also the going to USA procedure.. Can someone provide details please.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Immigration007 said:
Thanks a lot..
One more thing, we are sort of getting tired of waiting and with the strike it will get worse
So I am thinking to call my wofe over for a visit.. As she dont need a visa..
So if she were to come here m COPR arrive
I guess we would go to US n re-enter. In that case would the B4 still work for her stuff coming from norway after she re enters as PR?

Also the going to USA procedure.. Can someone provide details please.
If your wife goes to Canada before the COPR arrives, just make sure that she changes her address with CIC. Also - I thought she was from a non-visa-exempt country? If that's the case, she will have to send her passport to CIC London at some point, but if not - then she can be in Canada.
The B4 works, it can be done at any border during the landing. It just needs to be done at the same time as landing, can't be done before or after.
She will have to do the same - a B4 with "goods to follow", which is whatever will arrive from Norway later on.
For the US border: she can go to the border, and indicate that she wants to land as a PR. If you want, you can both go into the US for a bit, and come back ( like 2h!) but if you don't want to do that, it's OK to just indicate that she wants to land. You can go into the US, or if you don't want to, your wife can ask for an "Administrative refusal" and turn back to Canada. When arriving at Canada immigration again, she can complete the landing procedures as if she was arriving by plane. it's a fairly easy procedure and a lot of people from visa-exempt countries flagpole without issues.
Good luck,
Sweden

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Sweden said:
Yes - it shouldn't be an issue. Have a look at the CBSA website under "returning Canadian", and as long as whatever you're taking is within the limits, it should be all good.
When I came in as a tourist, I arrived with 2*23kg bags and wasn't asked for anything ( my partner - Canadian - had the same amount and wasn't asked either).
Later, we shipped 6 boxes and I still didn't have my PR, but was able to clear customs for 6 boxes ( of 20kg each) under "returning Canadian" ( I did the procedure for my partner who was working, where I was sitting home waiting....). So a few bags should be OK as well. Just have a list ready with the content, and show that you have looked into the matter and that it fits under "returning Canadian", and I don't think you would have an issue. Hopefully your PR is there before August also!
Good luck!
SwedenCongrats and Welcome to Canada to your husband! good luck with the job search!
Sweden
Sorry what I mean is if the Sponsor is 'landed' and the Applicant's PR App is still not DM'd could this apparent living apart be seen as breaking the 12 month rule. Even though both are still staying in London?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
herewecome said:
Sorry what I mean is if the Sponsor is 'landed' and the Applicant's PR App is still not DM'd could this apparent living apart be seen as breaking the 12 month rule. Even though both are still staying in London?
Nope! As long as it's 12 months on submission of your application, you'll be fine!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
I've gone "In process" as of May 30, 2013. Interesting that as soon as I instructed the lawyer to send them an enquiry it started updating...

Hopefully be done this pain in the ass process before long.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
orly said:
I've gone "In process" as of May 30, 2013. Interesting that as soon as I instructed the lawyer to send them an enquiry it started updating...

Hopefully been done this pain in the ass process before long.
You went in process on my birthday! Congratulations! I sent you my birthday luck. Hope you're done soon!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
DGT said:
You went in process on my birthday! Congratulations! I sent you my birthday luck. Hope you're done soon!
Here's hoping. At least I can tell my employer it's "close" rather than "dunno what they're doing over in London". Current visa expires on June 20 so hopefully I sneak it.

Aug 26, 2012
Hi all, thank you for the messages of congratulations!

I landed in Canada with my COPR forms Monday, I was heading HOME to Vancouver but had a layover in Halifax and Toronto so my paperwork was processed in Halifax. It was amazing how nice and friendly all the officers were! The two that I dealt with (or dealt with me) were congratulating me and welcoming me to Canada! It's funny how human they become when they don't need to question your motives for entering the country!

After 17 looooong hours I landed in Vancouver where my husband was waiting for me, he whisked me away to a nearby hotel for the night to celebrate. Luckily, I had dropped enough hints and our hotel room had a jacuzzi tub! I swear, after roughly 13 hours on a plane jacuzzi jets on dead legs is the nicest feeling ever. I barely ate in 24 hours (nervous flyer) so by the time I landed I was ready to eat a horse. The hunter gatherer went in search of horses and came back with the biggest burger I've ever seen (cheeseburger with pulled pork in case you're wondering!), which went down in seconds, washed down by some champagne in the tub! How romantic!

We headed home to Vancouver Island the next day (after spending another two hours in my new favourite tub), and the following morning we got my SIN. We were both shocked at how quick and easy it was, oh, and FREE. Who would have thought it? Now the job hunting begins!

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
orly said:

Hopefully be done this pain in the ass process before long.
Congrats! I'm hoping we go to In Process soon... they said they're reviewing the file but it bugs me that it still says Application Received. I got sponsor approval in late November. (Of course if it just skipped straight to Decision Made, that'd be better!)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
CaptainTurtles said:

I landed in Canada with my COPR forms Monday, I was heading HOME to Vancouver but had a layover in Halifax and Toronto so my paperwork was processed in Halifax. It was amazing how nice and friendly all the officers were! The two that I dealt with (or dealt with me) were congratulating me and welcoming me to Canada! It's funny how human they become when they don't need to question your motives for entering the country!

After 17 looooong hours I landed in Vancouver where my husband was waiting for me, he whisked me away to a nearby hotel for the night to celebrate. Luckily, I had dropped enough hints and our hotel room had a jacuzzi tub! I swear, after roughly 13 hours on a plane jacuzzi jets on dead legs is the nicest feeling ever. I barely ate in 24 hours (nervous flyer) so by the time I landed I was ready to eat a horse. The hunter gatherer went in search of horses and came back with the biggest burger I've ever seen (cheeseburger with pulled pork in case you're wondering!), which went down in seconds, washed down by some champagne in the tub! How romantic!

We headed home to Vancouver Island the next day (after spending another two hours in my new favourite tub), and the following morning we got my SIN. We were both shocked at how quick and easy it was, oh, and FREE. Who would have thought it? Now the job hunting begins!
Sounds like a perfect landing! Halifax is a great place to land. I always have the friendliest customs people there, even when they search our stuff!

Good luck on the job hunt, and congratulations!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CaptainTurtles said:

Congrats, welcome to Canada! :) and welcome to Vancouver Island, you arrived the perfect week - it was rainy and grey last week but now it's supposed to be full sunshine the whole week - and the current 18degrees bodes well! :)
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Happy Belated Birthday DGT

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Happy Belated Birthday DGT
Thanks! It was great! 26, unemployed, living in a country with no visa, no friends and a mountain of debt. What more could one want from a birthday eh? :D

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
Eabie said:
Congrats! I'm hoping we go to In Process soon... they said they're reviewing the file but it bugs me that it still says Application Received. I got sponsor approval in late November. (Of course if it just skipped straight to Decision Made, that'd be better!)
We got a request for some updated information back in mid April so we were sure they were looking at our file. Only went into process on May 30th. May looks like it turned out to be a funny month. A lot of people who went in process in April are still waiting for the finishing line. More often it's no more than a week or two to "decision made" according to "the spreadsheet" but it's slowed right down in May