+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Rscmoore said:
shudda - we got the COPR this morning!!!
awesome news congratulations

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Na. Nothing. Things on the home-front are improved a little bit too. I contacted CIC last week to check that they received my Medical Report. They said they had it, but I would have to wait at least 4 weeks for someone to review it. Typical CIC. Hoping it's not that long though. Really need to get working.
I'm sure something will come soon. I am once again predicting with my scottish third eye....the......end of June for DM ;D I am glad things on the home-front are improving.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
I'm sure something will come soon. I am once again predicting with my scottish third eye....the......end of June for DM ;D I am glad things on the home-front are improving.
God I hope it's sooner than that! I'll be in the gutter. Thanks for the support buddy. :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
God I hope it's sooner than that! I'll be in the gutter. Thanks for the support buddy. :)
Well I was going to predict closer to Middle of June, but I'm a pessimist...lol

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Well I was going to predict closer to Middle of June, but I'm a pessimist...lol
Yup! Me too. I always have to pretend like I think everything will be fine though, otherwise my wife will lose the plot. In reality, I wouldn't be surprised to be refused my COPR for having bad teeth or something. :p

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Yup! Me too. I always have to pretend like I think everything will be fine though, otherwise my wife will lose the plot. In reality, I wouldn't be surprised to be refused my COPR for having bad teeth or something. :p
LOL

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
Going to land tomorrow, wish us luck! :D Going to land through the Peace Bridge Fort Erie/Buffalo bridge. Was told that bridge was less busy, so excited and nervous! :)

Morrison2266

Apr 3, 2013
Ok folks, I can't seem to find anything that will answer my exact question on the net and I'm
Hoping you could help out.

My partner and I are planning on applying for PR for myself in the very near future. I am wondering if the process can be made quicker in any way as my partner would like to move asap. I've read that getting a job offer can make things go quicker but would that be the situation if I was to send my PR application from scotland prior to having a job offer?

Or would it be quicker for me to go to canada, find a job ( even though I'm not supposed to on a visitor entry) , apply for work permits from uk, then go back and apply for PR status once I'm working?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Morrison2266 said:
Ok folks, I can't seem to find anything that will answer my exact question on the net and I'm
Hoping you could help out.

My partner and I are planning on applying for PR for myself in the very near future. I am wondering if the process can be made quicker in any way as my partner would like to move asap. I've read that getting a job offer can make things go quicker but would that be the situation if I was to send my PR application from scotland prior to having a job offer?

Or would it be quicker for me to go to canada, find a job ( even though I'm not supposed to on a visitor entry) , apply for work permits from uk, then go back and apply for PR status once I'm working?
You could be working in Canada, working in another country or unemployed, it makes no difference when you are being sponsored by your partner. There is no way to speed up an application, you just have to wait it out like the rest of us :)

Aug 26, 2012
Quick question, is it normal to be excited for an interview?! I'm flying back to London next week for my interview and my husband (my sponsor) is coming with me, his first trip to the UK! I've been gathering paperwork over the last couple of days and the closer we get, the more I can't bloody wait. Hopefully it marks another step closer to the goal in this long and tedious process.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
CaptainTurtles said:
Quick question, is it normal to be excited for an interview?! I'm flying back to London next week for my interview and my husband (my sponsor) is coming with me, his first trip to the UK! I've been gathering paperwork over the last couple of days and the closer we get, the more I can't bloody wait. Hopefully it marks another step closer to the goal in this long and tedious process.
I went through a period of really hoping for an interview, because if they if they did have any doubts about our relationship, an interview would kill them! So it's not that unusual :) From what I've read on the forums, most people get a DM within a couple of days after an interview so it does mean that things are moving. Good luck!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
scottishmaple said:
predict me!!! ;) still haven't heard anything :(

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
In their email Canadian High Commission asked me to submit my passport on thursday between 2-3 PM but when I reached there at 11 am in the morning they told me that they have changed the visa days from thursday to wednesday in London :'( . I was so dissappointed bcz I reachd there after 2 hours journey ??? I dont understand why they sent me wrong email. waiting for wednesday now !!!!!!

Karam

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
SwedentoQuebec said:
predict me!!! ;) still haven't heard anything :(
Ohhhhh feeling confident today, gonna say 15th June. I take no responsibility if I am wrong, however if I am right I accept cash only...lol

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
karambajwa said:
In their email Canadian High Commission asked me to submit my passport on thursday between 2-3 PM but when I reached there at 11 am in the morning they told me that they have changed the visa days from thursday to wednesday in London :'( . I was so dissappointed bcz I reachd there after 2 hours journey ??? I dont understand why they sent me wrong email. waiting for wednesday now !!!!!!

Karam
I would be really angry, did they even apologise?