+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
herewecome said:
We did 18. It is worded in quite an ambiguous way and after researching on here, we decided best to supply more rather than less.

Looking at the London spreadsheet there is a very disproportionately large number of Common Law apps in white than red. Any idea why it seems to take longer for such an application? Starting to wish we had applied as married now but didn't realise we could.
I was thinking about that, and I'm not sure it's very significant. What I mean is: married couple don't have to prove that they live together, but Common-law have to demonstrate that they have been living for 12 months at least, and as a couple (you could be roommates and have a lease together, but that's not enough). So - CL applications might be slighter lengthier...but it could also be that some people apply as common law because they can't/don't want to marry... because they've been married before, for example. So that adds another layer for CIC to check...

At the same time: I applied as CL, and was processed in London in just under 4 months... which is pretty standard. Some of the CL cases might be more complicated than the married ones - so maybe that's why it takes longer. Not sure of course! but it seems that if you have a "simple CL" the processing time is the same as the married applications...

At least that's my theory! :)

Good luck for your application,
Sweden

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
I'm considering sending London a case specific inquiry just to ask for an update on our file, but I'm not sure that I should. I'm still within normal processing times (got sponsor approval back in late November). We're both living and working together in the UK. However, we're planning to go back to Canada in early June to wait out the rest of the process there. It would just be really great if we got this over with before then and my husband could actually "land" when we fly over. We haven't been contacted by London and ECAS still just says the usual "Application Received." Is it just too soon to pester them?

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Sweden - I understand that but they don't even seem to be showing 'In Process'. I know ecas isn't the most reliable but there's a pattern here. I wonder if VO shy away from them thinking they'll take longer for the reasons you mentioned. Ours is straight forward with over 6 years living together so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

Eabie - We got sponsorship approval in Jan and I will be e-mailing a question in a month's time if things haven't moved along. So in your position, yes I would send an e-mail now.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
HI all,

I just had my medical and x-ray done two days ago, i have been given a form by the Dr. I saw and it is stamped with my photo what do i attach this form to, or do i just send it with the rest of my forms with a header sheet.

Also for additional sheets attached do I need to make a header sheet (contents page) indicating form and what sheets are attached.

Thanks for anyone who can help :)

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
B1007 said:
HI all,

I just had my medical and x-ray done two days ago, i have been given a form by the Dr. I saw and it is stamped with my photo what do i attach this form to, or do i just send it with the rest of my forms with a header sheet.

Also for additional sheets attached do I need to make a header sheet (contents page) indicating form and what sheets are attached.

This form goes in with the rest of your application papers and then, I understand, they match it up with your results.

We simply put everything in the order suggested by them, but any additional information, we made up appendices and put in a nice wee contents pages. Being a cynical sod, I think doing most of their work for them and holding their hand is likely worth the effort.

Good luck with the application... it is exciting stuff. :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
B1007 said:
HI all,

In addition to the last poster, if you have the facilities scan/photocopy your medical receipts police certs etc for future reference, you should also have a copy of your application...good luck

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
scottishmaple said:
In addition to the last poster, if you have the facilities scan/photocopy your medical receipts police certs etc for future reference, you should also have a copy of your application...good luck
Amen to that.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Well it has been about 6 weeks since London asked for my photographs and about a month since my address changed and status changed to "in process".

I honestly think I check the damn thing about 8 times a day *sigh*. Just venting. Nothing more. Hope all is well with those still waiting!

Cheers!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
davidmarsden38 said:
Well it has been about 6 weeks since London asked for my photographs and about a month since my address changed and status changed to "in process".

I honestly think I check the damn thing about 8 times a day *sigh*. Just venting. Nothing more. Hope all is well with those still waiting!

Cheers!
vent as much as you like if it makes you feel a liitle better! hang in there!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
So apparently MP's have to wait in line for an email response just like the rest of us.... ;D I actually found this highly amusing.

As we hadn't heard anything from the MP my husband called yesterday and spoke to his secretary and she said the reason they haven't contacted us is that they have emailed CIC and are waiting a response...

Eureka2011

Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2012
Doc's Request.
10/05/2013
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
21/01/2013
Med's Done....
07/12/2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
07/08/2013
scottishmaple said:
So apparently MP's have to wait in line for an email response just like the rest of us.... ;D I actually found this highly amusing.

As we hadn't heard anything from the MP my husband called yesterday and spoke to his secretary and she said the reason they haven't contacted us is that they have emailed CIC and are waiting a response...
When a parliamentary question is raised they will be running around trying to get the facts and ensuring they find someone else to blame... things will start moving for you. God bless the end is in sight...

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eureka2011 said:
When a parliamentary question is raised they will be running around trying to get the facts and ensuring they find someone else to blame... things will start moving for you. God bless the end is in sight...
I am hoping this happens, I will be slightly annoyed if they reply back to the MP with a standard response they send us however if by my MP just asking, moves them along, that is all that I really care about.

It is amazing sometimes how just getting an MP involved can change the direction of something, A few years ago I applied for my daughter to attend a local childcare facility from the age of 1 (because I worked full time) 4 times we were refused so I wrote to my MP and explained how it was unfair and within 4 weeks I got a letter saying my daughter would be accepted the following term....lol

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:

The age old battle between elected officials and civil servants I guess ;)

Hope they get back to you soon!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
The age old battle between elected officials and civil servants I guess ;)

Hope they get back to you soon!
Thanks DGT.

Still no movement on yours?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Thanks DGT.

Still no movement on yours?
Na. Nothing. Things on the home-front are improved a little bit too. I contacted CIC last week to check that they received my Medical Report. They said they had it, but I would have to wait at least 4 weeks for someone to review it. Typical CIC. Hoping it's not that long though. Really need to get working.