+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
DGT said:
Hey guys!

Some bad news from me I'm afraid. Things with the Mrs. haven't been so good with all the waiting and financial pressure, so I may be withdrawing my application and heading home.

I really hoped it'd be done by now, and I'd be making money again but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen and there's too much pressure and resentment. It's a tough process. I didn't think we could handle the separation if I stayed, but I guess you play the hand you've been dealt.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted. Nothing final yet, but I think it's done. For those of you that made it through this hell, I salute you. And for those that are still going, keep up the good work.

Cheers.
Oh man, that sucks. I hope you find a way to work it out but I understand it's not always possible. It really is cruel what some families are put through.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
rebecassss said:
So I landed last night at Rainbow Bridge! Was so weird, it took longer to get into the States than it did to actually land! But all in all it really didn't take long. We spent five minutes in Buffalo looking for somewhere to get dinner but seriously, Niagara NY is so weird. It's like this dilapidated little town, all boarded up houses and pretty deserted. So we just turned around and had dinner on the Canadian side. I got a GIANT mug of beer. Totally earned it :p

I was very vigilant about getting my passport stamped! They stamp it and write like, a serial number if anyone doesn't know what to look for when they go.

All the border people were really, really nice. There was this one guy who was all like, super serious when we were coming back to the Canadian side, but he cracked a smile when we'd answered all his questions.

I'm going to get my SIN and OHIP today, hopefully it won't be too much waiting around.

SO GLAD this whole thing is finally over. When the mailman came yesterday I started shaking and crying! He was really nice about it though lol.

Many, many thanks for everyone on this forum. You've all been so supportive and amazing, we really couldn't have gotten through it without you. Big hugs.
Congrats Rebecca, I'm glad it went smoothly for you.

Sufi2013

Apr 25, 2013
Hey. Hope all are well.

Was wondering, if a british pr applicant comes to canada as a visitor, should london visa office be informed?
And what about address change? Is it necessary to give the canadian address? Even though someone could receive any mail from the visa office back at home in the uk?

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sufi2013 said:
Hey. Hope all are well.

Was wondering, if a british pr applicant comes to canada as a visitor, should london visa office be informed?
And what about address change? Is it necessary to give the canadian address? Even though someone could receive any mail from the visa office back at home in the uk?

Thanks
You don't have to inform CIC. you can change the address so that the COPR is sent directly to the address in Canada, but it's not a requirement. If the person wants to come to Canada to stay with the spouse, it's always good to inform CIC because it shows continuing contact and living together, but there is no obligation.
Good luck,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Today is exactly 9 months since we submitted the application. Awesome.

It's weird...I want this over with right now, but theres also a part of me that wants to see 365 days on the spreadsheet.... :-\

It's going to be a weird day I think.....

Hope to come home from work and see more DM's there hasn't been much this week, mind you there was a bank holiday so.....heres hoping London are refreshed and back into the swing of things... :D

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Hi...don't check back here too often at the moment as I desperately trying to not check e-cas 47 times a day!! Been 6 months for me since sponsor approval and feels like 6 years!! Supplied the additional doc's they requested regarding my daughter a month ago and nothing!! Feel your pain Scottish Maple...they also lost my daughters medical as the start of this process and then 6 months down the road they decide they need a long birth certificate for her...aaarrrggghhh!! Lucky in one way as I'm here visiting Canada so at least get to be with hubby but its definitely not without its stresses and strains. Went back to UK for a week early April so at least got my passport stamped so have another 6 months to twiddle my thumbs. Sooooo hopeful that I am approaching the end of the process - but who knows!! Saw an earlier post about updating address...any thoughts don't want to confuse London if they are close of issuing COPR?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
claire_09 said:
Hi...don't check back here too often at the moment as I desperately trying to not check e-cas 47 times a day!! Been 6 months for me since sponsor approval and feels like 6 years!! Supplied the additional doc's they requested regarding my daughter a month ago and nothing!! Feel your pain Scottish Maple...they also lost my daughters medical as the start of this process and then 6 months down the road they decide they need a long birth certificate for her...aaarrrggghhh!! Lucky in one way as I'm here visiting Canada so at least get to be with hubby but its definitely not without its stresses and strains. Went back to UK for a week early April so at least got my passport stamped so have another 6 months to twiddle my thumbs. Sooooo hopeful that I am approaching the end of the process - but who knows!! Saw an earlier post about updating address...any thoughts don't want to confuse London if they are close of issuing COPR?
6 months is a long time indeed, hopefully you're really close! If you want to change your address, I would suggest to do it, and send at the same time an email informing them that you're in Canada etc. So if they have already issued the COPR, they will answer to your email and let you know... if they haven't issued it yet, they will send it to Canada once they issue it... I don't think you have anything to loose!
Good luck,
Sweden

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Thanks Sweden....I did e-mail them last week saying its nearly 60 days since their request for additional docs and could they confirm it has been received and matched to my file to enable them to process.....but nothing. I'll try an address change and see if that gets somebody to at least look at my file!!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
claire_09 said:
It has been a long process for you!! I would certainly try changing your address see if that nudges them a little, can't hurt.

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
My tracking number says London VO received our box of additional documents yesterday! NOW JUST PROCESS THEM GOSH DARN IT.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
katelynlc said:
My tracking number says London VO received our box of additional documents yesterday! NOW JUST PROCESS THEM GOSH DARN IT.
fingers crossed they process them quickly

Eureka2011

Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2012
Doc's Request.
10/05/2013
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
21/01/2013
Med's Done....
07/12/2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
07/08/2013
Here we go... I received an email from my solicitor today asking for additional information which was not required on the original application.. Can any one tell me what that is all about.????.. I'm sure you only had to supply information for 10 years prior to the application... Please correct me if i'm wrong... Anyway supplied all the information within an hour of the request.. I'm just hoping I've caught the civil servant before he/she takes my file back to the darkest corner of the cupboard which is only visited once every 4 months..... Oh and CIC still hasn't been updated too "in processing" not sure if that's good or bad...Anyway I can see months of waiting again in front of me....... :(

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eureka2011 said:
Here we go... I received an email from my solicitor today asking for additional information which was not required on the original application.. Can any one tell me what that is all about.????.. I'm sure you only had to supply information for 10 years prior to the application... Please correct me if i'm wrong... Anyway supplied all the information within an hour of the request.. I'm just hoping I've caught the civil servant before he/she takes my file back to the darkest corner of the cupboard which is only visited once every 4 months..... Oh and CIC still hasn't been updated too "in processing" not sure if that's good or bad...Anyway I can see months of waiting again in front of me....... :(
That happened to us as well. The original form had requested 10 years (or since the age of 18, whichever is sooner) of personal history, but we were asked to provide my husband's history since the age of 18. Maybe the form was updated since our applications were submitted? We sent the details almost a month ago so I'm hoping it won't be much longer now. At least we know someone has actually looked at our applications after all this time! :)

Eureka2011

Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2012
Doc's Request.
10/05/2013
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
21/01/2013
Med's Done....
07/12/2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
07/08/2013
MandyRobertson said:
That happened to us as well. The original form had requested 10 years (or since the age of 18, whichever is sooner) of personal history, but we were asked to provide my husband's history since the age of 18. Maybe the form was updated since our applications were submitted? We sent the details almost a month ago so I'm hoping it won't be much longer now. At least we know someone has actually looked at our applications after all this time! :)
Thanks for the clarification MandyR you've set my mind at ease. I hope you hear from them soon..

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
We did 18. It is worded in quite an ambiguous way and after researching on here, we decided best to supply more rather than less.

Looking at the London spreadsheet there is a very disproportionately large number of Common Law apps in white than red. Any idea why it seems to take longer for such an application? Starting to wish we had applied as married now but didn't realise we could.