+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Sweden said:
Hey B_cowper22,

I had the same issue when I was waiting for my PR to come through. THe first time the library refused to issue me a card. Then I came back, with the letter of sponsorship as a proof that I had applied, and the first bill that was sent to my partner at our new address, to show that we were residing in the city ( ie, even if I had a tourist visa, I was actually living here etc), and explained the situation. I also made it obvious that I was very bored, and that reading would make the wait easier etc. - and it worked! they issued a temporary card ( where I could borrow "only" 8 books at a time, compared to the normal limit of 30!) valid for 3 months. So - maybe worth a try?
Hope London kicks into action and issues your COPR fast!
Good luck,
Sweden
i also have a library card (thank god!!!) I just brought a letter addresses to my address here in Canada as proof (I chose a letter that the government sent thought it was as official as I could go but I guess any kind of letter goes) I just checked ECAS today and still nothing... :(

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!
That's me in Canada! Landed in Vancouver after a delay only to wait a further 2 1/2 hrs to see an immigration officer!
My husband drove to meet me in the airport, so he had quite a wait, but I can't explain in words how I felt walking out of arrivals and seeing him! I'm in kelowna now and its sunny and warm and people have been so friendly!
I went to service Canada today to get my sin sorted, but the lady said my passport wasn't stamped by the immigration officer so I would have to wait till my Pr card arrives....what's that all about? I'm assuming I can't work till then?
Is there any way around this?
Thanks
Michelle :)

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
DM DM DM DM DM DM DM DM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEAH !!!! ;D ive asked for the tracking number anyone think ill get it !!! lol and my Penguins are kicking but in the Stanley cup !!! what a day !!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mic_midd86 said:
Hi all!
That's me in Canada! Landed in Vancouver after a delay only to wait a further 2 1/2 hrs to see an immigration officer!
My husband drove to meet me in the airport, so he had quite a wait, but I can't explain in words how I felt walking out of arrivals and seeing him! I'm in kelowna now and its sunny and warm and people have been so friendly!
I went to service Canada today to get my sin sorted, but the lady said my passport wasn't stamped by the immigration officer so I would have to wait till my Pr card arrives....what's that all about? I'm assuming I can't work till then?
Is there any way around this?
Thanks
Michelle :)
Unfortunately not! it happened to somebody else on the forum, and if your passport is not stamped and signed by the Officer that does your landing procedure, you won't get a SIN. The only thing to do is to wait for your PR to arrive - 50 days from now. Sorry for that!

On the bright side - it's the perfect week end to land in BC, it's super nice, sunny and warm, and it's supposed to stay like this for a few days - so just enjoy! and Welcome to Canada! :)
Sweden

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Sweden said:
Unfortunately not! it happened to somebody else on the forum, and if your passport is not stamped and signed by the Officer that does your landing procedure, you won't get a SIN. The only thing to do is to wait for your PR to arrive - 50 days from now. Sorry for that!

On the bright side - it's the perfect week end to land in BC, it's super nice, sunny and warm, and it's supposed to stay like this for a few days - so just enjoy! and Welcome to Canada! :)
Sweden
HOLY COW I am so glad to know that. I could have been so screwed. Sorry it happened to you though mic_midd.

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
DECISION MADE!

177 days altogether.

I just wanna say THANKS to everyone for being there during this time. It really is a horrible process and I do think that this forum is proof that really perfect strangers can care and empathise about each other.

We're gonna go out to do an all you can drink wine course tonight to celebrate!

It's finally over!!!

elmo11 ^^

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dannypee said:
DM DM DM DM DM DM DM DM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEAH !!!! ;D ive asked for the tracking number anyone think ill get it !!! lol and my Penguins are kicking but in the Stanley cup !!! what a day !!!
it's not registered mail, it's normal mail, so I don't think you'll get anything. But congrats anyway! :)
elmo11 said:
DECISION MADE!

177 days altogether.

I just wanna say THANKS to everyone for being there during this time. It really is a horrible process and I do think that this forum is proof that really perfect strangers can care and empathise about each other.

It's finally over!!!

elmo11 ^^
Congrats to you as well - it's the end! Enjoy the wine!
Sweden

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
It turned to DM! Hopefully this means they did actually send it out when they said they did :) Also got the GCMS notes yesterday. They were pretty boring.

Congrats to all the other DMs!!

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
Have received passport request finally :p yesterday (3rd May). But embassy is open on thursday only so Have to wait till thursday to submit the passport.......... Cant wait to see my hubby in canada ;D

Karam

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rebecassss said:
It turned to DM! Hopefully this means they did actually send it out when they said they did :) Also got the GCMS notes yesterday. They were pretty boring.

Congrats to all the other DMs!!
Congrats to you! nice to see some movement from London...

karambajwa said:
Have received passport request finally :p yesterday (3rd May). But embassy is open on thursday only so Have to wait till thursday to submit the passport.......... Cant wait to see my hubby in canada ;D

Karam
Congrats - that's almost the end for you! Hopefully they will send the passport back really soon!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
elmo11 said:
DECISION MADE!

177 days altogether.

It's finally over!!!

elmo11 ^^
dannypee said:
Congratulations

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
No news yet Maple? I'm rooting for you!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
No news yet Maple? I'm rooting for you!
Nope!...lol Much appreciated though!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Congrats to all DMs!!

Off topic, is anyone else in BC outside enjoying this crazy, gorgeous, scorching hot sun? If not, get outside right now and take an ice cold beer with you ;)