+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Korma said:
I didn't find the medical too bad. Mind you, I didn't know how thorough they were going to be, so the whole time I was sat in the waiting area I was worried I was going to get a finger up my ass! :p Fortunately that wasn't the case though!

I got my driver's licence today, so things are slowly coming together. I hate waiting for all these cards to come through though. I hate having these temporary paper versions of things, I like having the cards sitting in my wallet. It pleases me to see them all lined up and organised. I'm weird lol.
Haha! I wasn't sure how thorough it was going to be either. The doctor said I had waxy ears. Of course I do. I'm male. And he asked me about my rather crooked teeth. Of course I have bad teeth. I'm British.

I know what you mean about the cards. It's hard to feel that you're really "living" somewhere until it's all solid, present, and correct.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
paulonaboat said:
One year to the day Decision Made!! I didnt think that "in process" would ever change! Thanks to everyone on here for their advice and useful information, this forum was extremely helpful. If I can ask one more question, what are folks whose mailing address is in Canada seeing for a delivery time from Decision made to the arrival of the COPR? We are actually in England now so if it made it to our address before our return date I could have a family member courier it over here and we could all land as one big resident family on return! Unless it comes as registered mail requiring a signature?... any info appreciated (again)

Thanks!
congrats! that's good news... you've been waiting for a really long time!
The COPR takes about 3 to 5 days to get to the UK, and from 10 to 15 days in average to get to Canada. It comes as normal mail, no signature required, so indeed somebody could send it over to you.
Good luck on the landing part - but that's by far the easiest of all!
Sweden

B_cowper22

Aug 13, 2011
On this note, which address does the COPR go to... once its eventually issued? As I have an English address for my home address and my representatives address (in Canada) where I'm staying for the mailing address... not really mission critical as both addresses are manned and ready... hopefully it arrives...when its issued.... to the mailing address as I'm already in country (a lot bored I might add!).

Many congrats to all whom received the good news recently... I must admit those whom have got DM or In Process while having a sponsorship approval date after mine I have been secretly cursing your fortune!

Don't crucify me for not using the search feature as the terms "COPR" "Mail" and "Address" have a few hits in this forum alone... :p

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
scottishmaple said:
Congratulations!!! You are now Red!! Enjoy Stalking the Postman!
I see the spreadsheet is now classified by date application reviewed in Mississauga instead of sponsor approval date, is there an explanation or theory that they seem to follow the application reception date order instead?

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
sfeire said:
Congratulations!! This is great news. It really like a rollercoaster ride! :p
Indeed, it sure is...but so relieved to finally be near the end of the loooong ride!!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
SwedentoQuebec said:
I see the spreadsheet is now classified by date application reviewed in Mississauga instead of sponsor approval date, is there an explanation or theory that they seem to follow the application reception date order instead?
Ummm I did have a response for you based on the fact 2013 spreadsheet was done this way, but I have just noticed that the 2012 spreadsheet has been changed also and I don't know when that was done, so I can't give a clear reason, I can take a guess it is to be in line with the 2013 spreadsheet as it appears from DM posts on here that applications are processed by london based on application received dates.

Perhaps Michty6 or Sweden or anyone else with access to the spreadsheet might be able to respond as to the actual reason why....

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
B_cowper22 said:
BLAH yay... 10 posts...............

NOW can I have a COPR?
LOL

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sweden said:
congrats! that's good news... you've been waiting for a really long time!
The COPR takes about 3 to 5 days to get to the UK, and from 10 to 15 days in average to get to Canada. It comes as normal mail, no signature required, so indeed somebody could send it over to you.
Good luck on the landing part - but that's by far the easiest of all!
Sweden
My partner's COPR took 10 days to get to the far west coast of Canada; it was sent a few days before ECAS changed to DM and arrived a week after DM. But his wasn't sent normal mail, as I had to sign for it and actually had to throw a bit of a hissy fit to be allowed to sign for it :).

The lady said that only my partner could receive it and that he needed proof of the mailing address to be able to receive it. I calmly explained the situation, that the envelope was his PR papers, he had nothing with the PO Box on it because he had been in the country as a tourist, no driver's licence or Canadian ID. She still refused and said he couldn't pick it up with showing ID with the PO Box on it, which would pretty much mean he could never pick it up.

So I threw my little hissy fit, invoking words along the line of "discriminating against permanent residents, get your supervisor NOW", and lo and behold, she decided just to let me sign for it instead lol

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
scottishmaple said:
How Rude of ME, I was trying so hard to answer your question that it completely dismissed the fact you had Decision Made! Thats is Awesome! Congrats!!!
Haha, it's okay. Thank you! It seems really fast so I'm trying to not be worried.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
B_cowper22 said:
On this note, which address does the COPR go to... once its eventually issued? As I have an English address for my home address and my representatives address (in Canada) where I'm staying for the mailing address... not really mission critical as both addresses are manned and ready... hopefully it arrives...when its issued.... to the mailing address as I'm already in country (a lot bored I might add!).

Many congrats to all whom received the good news recently... I must admit those whom have got DM or In Process while having a sponsorship approval date after mine I have been secretly cursing your fortune!

Don't crucify me for not using the search feature as the terms "COPR" "Mail" and "Address" have a few hits in this forum alone... :p
it goes to the mailing address, not to the home address. So if you're in Canada already, and your mailing address is there too, then that's probably the easiest! :)

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
I had to sign for my COPR too.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
scottishmaple said:
Ummm I did have a response for you based on the fact 2013 spreadsheet was done this way, but I have just noticed that the 2012 spreadsheet has been changed also and I don't know when that was done, so I can't give a clear reason, I can take a guess it is to be in line with the 2013 spreadsheet as it appears from DM posts on here that applications are processed by london based on application received dates.

Perhaps Michty6 or Sweden or anyone else with access to the spreadsheet might be able to respond as to the actual reason why....
I noticed a few weeks ago that someone spent an age rearranging it. I'm sure someone felt it looked nice and neat (OCD?) organising the spreadsheet by the dates applications were received, but it would be much better to have the spreadsheet arranged by date of sponsorship approval. This is the order in which London processes applications and makes it easier to track each others progress.

Any volunteers to do a big clean up?

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
markstimson said:
I noticed a few weeks ago that someone spent an age rearranging it. I'm sure someone felt it looked nice and neat (OCD?) organising the spreadsheet by the dates applications were received, but it would be much better to have the spreadsheet arranged by date of sponsorship approval. This is the order in which London processes applications and makes it easier to track each others progress.

Any volunteers to do a big clean up?
tes this is what I meant, it was always organized in order of sponsor approval and now it was change it confused me. However I'm in the hotspot so any day now.....please?!