+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

VanBritta

Apr 18, 2013
mic_midd86 said:
Sure. This is just a copy and paste of what I emailed.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I will be visiting my husband in Canada for the next 6 months. i fly out on the 1st of may 2013. I am hoping my application will be finalised in the next couple of weeks/months. Should I change my address to that of my husbands address in Canada? Also is there anything I can send/do or help with my application?

Kind regards,
Michelle

I am in actual fact "moving" over on may 1st. But didn't want to say this as I'm not really supposed to.

They replied

Dear Mrs Middleton,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We hope to have your file finalized in the next week or two, please advise us when are you leaving for Canada?

Yours sincerely,

LJF
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

So I just sent them another email confirming when I am leaving, which airport I'm leaving from and which airport I'm going to.
Hope this helps.
Michelle.
Thank-you soooooooooooooo much, Michelle! I just sent an email! My fingers and toes are crossed!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Korma said:
Ok - I'll give it a shot in another place!

I managed to get my social insurance number today at least, that's something :). I found it somewhat humorous that the guy dealing with me was from England too.

I have a question regarding OHIP - does the 3 month waiting period start from the date I landed, or the date I apply? For example, if I waited another 2 months to apply, would it come into effect 1 month after then, or 3 months? From how the website words it, I take it the waiting period starts from my landing date, but I just thought I'd confirm with some of you very clever people!
When I went to get my OHIP the officer put down 3 months from the date of issue on my COPR! Some vary I'm sure as they all seem to do whatever they feel like!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dimples777 said:
Hi Sweden,

Thanks for your response, I will try emailing them again, am just getting frustrated as I seem to have gotten lost in the system. It actually says decision made under PR status, we already had confirmation that my partner was approved back in August :(

OK, my timeline is:-

Meds Done - 16 February 2012
File Rec'd - 17 April 2012
Sponsor Approved - 5th August 2012
Request add'n docs - 5th December 2012
Docs sent - 11th December 2012
Review of File - 12th February 2013
DM - end of February
COPR???? - who knows??? :'(
then you should definitely email them, because it seems that your COPR got lost. DM end of February - you should have had your COPR for a good month now. So definitely - email them, and if it got lost, they will re-issue one.
Since your meds were done 16th February 2012, you most likely needed an extension to be able to land, so that might have caused a few weeks delay, but 6 weeks after DM is not normal.
Hope you hear back from London soon!
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Jim1980 said:
Hi, I've got to send in some additional documents to the London office, whats the best (and quickest) way to do this i.e. recorded mail, normal 1st class etc etc???
Thanks
Jim.
rebecassss said:
I prefer to use a courier simply because I can track it, and it does tend to be faster. It's more expensive but we felt it was worth it.
I think it depends what you are sending, you can use the Case Specific Enquiry Webform to upload 3.5 mb of doucments. I used this, but I was only sending copies/scanned items. If I was sending originals or a lot more information I would definately go with Rebecasss suggestion.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
then you should definitely email them, because it seems that your COPR got lost. DM end of February - you should have had your COPR for a good month now. So definitely - email them, and if it got lost, they will re-issue one.
Since your meds were done 16th February 2012, you most likely needed an extension to be able to land, so that might have caused a few weeks delay, but 6 weeks after DM is not normal.
Hope you hear back from London soon!
Sweden
+1 great advice from Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
mic_midd86 said:
Just checked ecas...I'm now in process as of the 16th of April!!!!
Yay!
Awesome, some progress

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
mic_midd86 said:
Just checked ecas...I'm now in process as of the 16th of April!!!!
Yay!
Congratulations :)

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
OMG OMG OMG it's funny how ONE LITTLE SENTENCE can make your entire SIX MONTHS!

"Medical results have been received." COME ON LONDON YOU CAN DO IT!

That just showed up TODAY!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
katelynlc said:

Thats great! Another great progress!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
katelynlc said:

That's odd - mine has said that ever since sponsorship approval!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Just received my COPR!! Time to celebrate!HAPPY!! Can someone please tell me the nearest border from Montreal??

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Merveille said:
Just received my COPR!! Time to celebrate!HAPPY!! Can someone please tell me the nearest border from Montreal??
Awesome news! Congrats :)

In weird news, the Boston bombers' aunt lives in Etobicoke and she's completely and utterly nuts.

B_cowper22

Aug 13, 2011
::::Rant:::::

I've not posted a lot in here as I'm lucky enough to be in Canada while my application is processed. However enough is enough

London... I would quite like some progress on my file... I understand that there are people before me... whom I have no quarrel with... I also do not have quarrel with the very fortunate people whom submitted their application after me and are either "in process" or even 'Decision made'... I wish them all the best with their new life in Canada. I happen to be in the fortunate position to already be in country, with my spouse.

My quarrel, is with this "system" that no amount of my own statistical analysis can infer ANY sense of order other than "eeenie meenie miney mo". A system where applicants fill out electronic forms complete with QR codes and yet STILL the office offers near minimal feedback as to where in the system a certain application is. An example; many applicants (myself included) have to contact the office to see if their application is actually IN the London office. A step that can be easily digitized by the actual QR codes we print out.. File arrives..QR code scanned...ECAS electronically updated...

The exact same can be done for the "In Process" section of the application process, Immigration officer retrieves the file.... QR code scanned... ECAS electronically updated with a time/date stamp.

The current system is nothing short of shambolic, children's medical files being lost, entire applications sitting on a shelf for months until the applicant makes contact again with the office to see what the hold up is this time, to mention a mere few of the problems I have read about in this forum. I am genuinely surprised that many cases have not been brought before a Judge due to the CIC London's complete negligence to certain applications. Although I'm no legal expert, I would think that one would have a strong case for reclaiming lost wages from CIC due to their negligence.

Now after typing this all out... I think I may even send it on to Mr Gordon Campbell asking for an explanation (and potentially referencing this forum) to find out what is going on behind those think London Visa Office doors.

:::::END RANT:::::

sorry...

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
B_cowper22 said:
::::Rant:::::

I've not posted a lot in here as I'm lucky enough to be in Canada while my application is processed. However enough is enough

London... I would quite like some progress on my file... I understand that there are people before me... whom I have no quarrel with... I also do not have quarrel with the very fortunate people whom submitted their application after me and are either "in process" or even 'Decision made'... I wish them all the best with their new life in Canada. I happen to be in the fortunate position to already be in country, with my spouse.

My quarrel, is with this "system" that no amount of my own statistical analysis can infer ANY sense of order other than "eeenie meenie miney mo". A system where applicants fill out electronic forms complete with QR codes and yet STILL the office offers near minimal feedback as to where in the system a certain application is. An example; many applicants (myself included) have to contact the office to see if their application is actually IN the London office. A step that can be easily digitized by the actual QR codes we print out.. File arrives..QR code scanned...ECAS electronically updated...

The exact same can be done for the "In Process" section of the application process, Immigration officer retrieves the file.... QR code scanned... ECAS electronically updated with a time/date stamp.

The current system is nothing short of shambolic, children's medical files being lost, entire applications sitting on a shelf for months until the applicant makes contact again with the office to see what the hold up is this time, to mention a mere few of the problems I have read about in this forum. I am genuinely surprised that many cases have not been brought before a Judge due to the CIC London's complete negligence to certain applications. Although I'm no legal expert, I would think that one would have a strong case for reclaiming lost wages from CIC due to their negligence.

Now after typing this all out... I think I may even send it on to Mr Gordon Campbell asking for an explanation (and potentially referencing this forum) to find out what is going on behind those think London Visa Office doors.

:::::END RANT:::::

sorry...
The only thing about this rant that I didn't like was the apology. There was nothing to say sorry for. I thought you said it very well.