+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
scottishmaple said:
Thanks Michty6. I will definately.

Do you know if matching the medicals is the last stage? If they match my daughters medical to my form (I am assuming they have mine) will this be the home stretch? I wont have to wait for them to look at the relationship documentation after this will I? :(
From what I can gather it is completely random. For me matching medicals was done last. For some others it was done first. So I'm afraid I can't really comment. I would guess based on the timeline that this is very likely to be the last stage for you.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
These are the only acceptable ways to start an email:

'Yo London-dog Whaddup'

'Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'

'Hello McFly? Hello? Anybody there McFly?'

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
michty6 said:
These are the only acceptable ways to start an email:

'Yo London-dog Whaddup'

'Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'

'Hello McFly? Hello? Anybody there McFly?'
London?
London?
Anyone?
Anyone?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
From what I can gather it is completely random. For me matching medicals was done last. For some others it was done first. So I'm afraid I can't really comment. I would guess based on the timeline that this is very likely to be the last stage for you.
Thanks. fingers crossed eh!

Dimples777

Jan 24, 2013
Hi there,

Just looking for some advice, I am being sponsored in the family class by my partner, on ECAS I received "decision made" at the end of February, I waited 2 weeks and received nothing through the post so emailed them and asked what was happening with my file as online it says decision made. I received a response 4 days later saying that they were actually "finalising my file" and that the office would be in contact with me soon. Two more weeks passed and still no email no post, so I emailed them again and asked if they would please clarify what "finalising my file" means and when I could hope to hear anything..........................................now here we are another two weeks later and NOTHING!

I have checked my online status again and again and it still states "decision made".............but no one is telling me what that decision is! I am in Canada with my partner and my address has been changed to the canadian address, so I really do not know what is happening. Has anyone got any advice for me please :'(

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Dimples777 said:
Hi there,

Just looking for some advice, I am being sponsored in the family class by my partner, on ECAS I received "decision made" at the end of February, I waited 2 weeks and received nothing through the post so emailed them and asked what was happening with my file as online it says decision made. I received a response 4 days later saying that they were actually "finalising my file" and that the office would be in contact with me soon. Two more weeks passed and still no email no post, so I emailed them again and asked if they would please clarify what "finalising my file" means and when I could hope to hear anything..........................................now here we are another two weeks later and NOTHING!

I have checked my online status again and again and it still states "decision made".............but no one is telling me what that decision is! I am in Canada with my partner and my address has been changed to the canadian address, so I really do not know what is happening. Has anyone got any advice for me please :'(
Have you checked if you COPR maybe went to your old address?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
rebecassss said:
London?
London?
Anyone?
Anyone?
London's Response:

♫ Hey how you doin?! Sorry you can't get through. Why don't you leave your name and your number and we'll get back to you ♫

Repeat Chorus
Repeat Chorus
Repeat Chorus........

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Dimples777 said:
Hi scottishmaple

Yeah my UK address is my sisters place and she hasn't seen anything either!! :'(
I'm not sure, I am just wondering if the status of your application on ecas to Decision Made was maybe a little premature and they haven't actually completed your file yet. I know Michty6 had issues with receiving the copr. I would just keep emailing them, Sweden and Michty6 and some other regulars on this Thread will be around shortly and they might be able to give you a little more advice.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dimples777 said:
Hi there,

Hey,

What is your timeline? when did you apply?

When you say that you have the "Canadian address", does it appear in the "mailing address" or in the "home address" ?

If it appears in the "mailing address", it might be that your file is not finalised yet. If there is a new window called "home address" and the address looks like "City, Province, Canada" - then it's good news, it means that the PR has been issued and sent to you, most likely.

Just to be on the safe side : you see "decision made" under "application for PR", not under "Sponsorship", right? if it's under "sponsorship" it only corresponds to the sponsor approval.

If you have decision made under "application for PR" + home address, then you are "good to go" - and sending another mail to London saying that you haven't received anything and you're afraid that the COPR got lost would be the way to go.

If you're in Canada, it takes somewhere between 1 to 2 weeks to arrive, so more than that you can contact London about it.
Good luck,
Sweden

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Binga said:
Hi Immigration007

My wife is going to do the interview as well in Sweden, I cant send any PM lol sorry , still Under 10 post but I ll be updating you and everyone ! I think this forum is amazing place. Anyone can profite of these info.

Congrats to all !

Hey binga,

How did the interview go?
Hope it went well for you both!

Please provide update as soon as you can. Thanks.

Jim1980

Oct 16, 2012
Hi, I've got to send in some additional documents to the London office, whats the best (and quickest) way to do this i.e. recorded mail, normal 1st class etc etc???
Thanks
Jim.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Jim1980 said:
Hi, I've got to send in some additional documents to the London office, whats the best (and quickest) way to do this i.e. recorded mail, normal 1st class etc etc???
Thanks
Jim.
I prefer to use a courier simply because I can track it, and it does tend to be faster. It's more expensive but we felt it was worth it.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
rebecassss said:
London?
London?
Anyone?
Anyone?
You could try the Belfast solution... tell them "I know where you live". Works every time. ;D

Dimples777

Jan 24, 2013
Hi Sweden,

Thanks for your response, I will try emailing them again, am just getting frustrated as I seem to have gotten lost in the system. It actually says decision made under PR status, we already had confirmation that my partner was approved back in August :(

OK, my timeline is:-

Meds Done - 16 February 2012
File Rec'd - 17 April 2012
Sponsor Approved - 5th August 2012
Request add'n docs - 5th December 2012
Docs sent - 11th December 2012
Review of File - 12th February 2013
DM - end of February
COPR???? - who knows??? :'(