+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

VanBritta

Apr 18, 2013
mic_midd86 said:
Hi all!!
I'm actually shaking typing this! So a couple of posts ago michy6 said " if people around your timeline are getting COPR to contact London to ask about your file"
So last night that's what I did.
I got a reply already saying....it will be finalised in 1 to 2 weeks!!!!!
I really hope it works out. I fly to Vancouver on may 1st!!!!
Congratulations! That's awesome! I submitted mine back in August and it only just went 'In process' on April 9th. I'd like to email them too, would you mind sharing what you said in your email to them and give me some advice on what to say? Thanks!

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VanBritta said:
Congratulations! That's awesome! I submitted mine back in August and it only just went 'In process' on April 9th. I'd like to email them too, would you mind sharing what you said in your email to them and give me some advice on what to say? Thanks!
Sure. This is just a copy and paste of what I emailed.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I will be visiting my husband in Canada for the next 6 months. i fly out on the 1st of may 2013. I am hoping my application will be finalised in the next couple of weeks/months. Should I change my address to that of my husbands address in Canada? Also is there anything I can send/do or help with my application?

Kind regards,
Michelle

I am in actual fact "moving" over on may 1st. But didn't want to say this as I'm not really supposed to.

They replied

Dear Mrs Middleton,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We hope to have your file finalized in the next week or two, please advise us when are you leaving for Canada?

Yours sincerely,

LJF
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

So I just sent them another email confirming when I am leaving, which airport I'm leaving from and which airport I'm going to.
Hope this helps.
Michelle.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
elmo11 said:
I'm in a similar boat, I sent the receipt and a CSE to ask if they've gotten it. Still no word. Our deadlines are around June as well. Hoping for the best.

elmo11 ^^
Uk2Can said:
Ive still not heard anything from cic. Im getting fed up. Is there any other way of contacting them? Ive sent them 4 emails and ive not heard anything back. I want to know if they got the receipt for the right to permanent resident fee. The last thing i got from them was at the end of March. Im panicking a wee bit as we have our flights booked for June 13th to leave the UK.
After much debate with myself yesterday about the best way to handle this. I re-read there website and it states on it, that a CSE is the way to contact them with additional information. So this is what I have done. It took a bit of tweeking in Word to get the info down to 3.5mb but i managed and sent it. Since sending an cse is the only time I get an answer from cic, i thought this was the most logical thing to do for my case. I don't expect to hear anything back, but hoping to see medicals received status within 4 weeks on ecas, if not I will keep pursuing. If the have found the previous information I have sent 4 weeks ago, and dealing with my issue then it's a bonus I guess.

My deadline is also June (medicals expire & daughter finishes up school for summer break)

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
mic_midd86 said:
Sure. This is just a copy and paste of what I emailed.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Oh man... I started all my emails with some variation of "Hi London!" and it just struck me how absolutely stupid that was. Of course it's "Dear Sir/Madam". *facepalm*

Scottishmaple, after all you've been through 4 weeks seems very generous. I remember Michy6 recommended 10 days, and I gave them 2 weeks. Then again, I'm the girl who writes "Hi London!" so maybe this doesn't mean much. Anyway, I do hope that things get moving for you.

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
My deadline is also June (medicals expire & daughter finishes up school for summer break)
Good on you for pursuing them SM. Have you managed to make any progress finding a potential school for your daughter? Whereabouts are you headed to when it finally comes together?

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
rebecassss said:
Oh man... I started all my emails with some variation of "Hi London!" and it just struck me how absolutely stupid that was. Of course it's "Dear Sir/Madam". *facepalm*

Scottishmaple, after all you've been through 4 weeks seems very generous. I remember Michy6 recommended 10 days, and I gave them 2 weeks. Then again, I'm the girl who writes "Hi London!" so maybe this doesn't mean much. Anyway, I do hope that things get moving for you.
Ha, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'd start my CSEs with 'Hi there' or something along those lines. We're paying them, so really we have every right to address them how we so desire! ;)

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Hello,

Our application was finally received by Mississauga, how do we get added to the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Korma said:
Ha, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'd start my CSEs with 'Hi there' or something along those lines. We're paying them, so really we have every right to address them how we so desire! ;)
Totally agree. Don't think its a big deal.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
mic_midd86 said:
Totally agree. Don't think its a big deal.
Thanks guys, you're all such great support :)

I'm not worried about it or anything - they nearly always responded to me, but it struck me as really funny. It's this serious business, our future is on the line here... And we're corresponding with them with the written equivalent of a winky face! It was a "what the heck was I thinking?" moment. :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
VanBritta said:
Try this:

Hi

I am just enquiring as to the status of my application. I noticed on ECAS that we went to 'In Progress' on April 9th. Consulting with an immigration expert I was informed that it is very unusual to have been at the 'In Progress' status for over a month and not have heard any requests for further information or any further updates regarding my file. Therefore I am wondering if you might take a look and see if there are any issues regarding our application that we might be able to help resolve?

Regards,
VanBritta

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
rebecassss said:

All my emails started with Dear Sir or Madam, I understand your very busy blah blah blah and my last email just stated URGENT: information requested and uploaded the files...lol

I can't be bothered with the whole politeness anymore.

4 Weeks is very generous, but I do feel that CIC are extremely slow and after watching the dispatches documentary on UK Immigration office this week, I think CIC would need the 4 weeks if there operation is anything similar to the UK's. I am emotional about this and I am trying to leave my emotions out of the communication with them, as they can easily move my file to the bottom if they so wish which in the long road would not be good for my family.

ldjames said:
Good on you for pursuing them SM. Have you managed to make any progress finding a potential school for your daughter? Whereabouts are you headed to when it finally comes together?
Thanks ldjames.

My husband and I have been putting off looking at schools and places to live as we wanted to save as much money as possible, after a really quick sponsorship approval we never thought we would be hitting the 9 month mark, thought more along the lines of 6 months max. He has been living with his parents to save money but feel that it is time to start getting him settled in a place, even temporary so we can start preparing for our daughter to go to the school in that area. We are thinking of settling in Sackville, NB which is on the border between NB & NS. It reminds me of St Andrews, Scotland as it is a University town and has an elementary and middle school and has a small town feel. It would be a 20-30 mins commute for my hubby but it would open up the doors to work in both NB or NS for me......I just want to be able to start planning, I want to involve my daughter in all the plans so that she feels positive about the whole thing but with no timescale of when the visa will arrive and doubts of if it will be a positive DM we are reluctant to make any commitments financially...

ghunter said:
Hello,

Our application was finally received by Mississauga, how do we get added to the spreadsheet?

Thanks!
Hi, if you have a look at the spreadsheet in my signature at the bottom, let me know the dates needed, such application received, sponsorship approval etc I can add you.

C.x

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
scottishmaple said:
If you haven't already, make sure the next time you email London they are aware of this deadline. They are generally very good when someone informs them of upcoming deadlines and something like a medical they can see for themselves...

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
rebecassss said:

hahahahaha 'hi London' !!! Thank you for making my day!! ;)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
If you haven't already, make sure the next time you email London they are aware of this deadline. They are generally very good when someone informs them of upcoming deadlines and something like a medical they can see for themselves...
Thanks Michty6. I will definately.

Do you know if matching the medicals is the last stage? If they match my daughters medical to my form (I am assuming they have mine) will this be the home stretch? I wont have to wait for them to look at the relationship documentation after this will I? :(