+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
You can notify them, and it will "serve" as an additional proof of on-going relationship etc. But you don't need to update anything in terms of forms, as the baby is not born yet. I don't know what is your situation. If the baby will be born in Canada, then he/she will be automatically Canadian, so no need to sponsor him/her too. If one of the parents is Canadian ( not PR), then the baby is Canadian as well... so should be fine.

If the baby won't get Canadian nationality at birth, then you will need to sponsor her/him later on. If the baby is born BEFORE the PR is issued, you will need to either - include him/her on the PR application so it can be issued at the same time for the baby and the parent, or just update London with a new form "additional family info" if the baby is Canadian.

It should not delay too much your file, if anything, it might avoid getting an interview.
Congrats on the pregnancy!
Sweden
Thank you for the reply Sweden!
I am in Canada and the baby will be born here as well. I still have a long way to go in the pregnancy, but I was hoping maybe they could hurry up my husband's application if I informed them.
Do you know of any cases where they processed an application faster due to a pregnancy?
Thanks a again Sweden! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
chopsticks said:
Thank you for the reply Sweden!
I am in Canada and the baby will be born here as well. I still have a long way to go in the pregnancy, but I was hoping maybe they could hurry up my husband's application if I informed them.
Do you know of any cases where they processed an application faster due to a pregnancy?
Thanks a again Sweden! :)
With you in Canada and the baby born in Canada, it's much easier as you won't have to sponsor your own baby. No extra paperwork needed then!
What you can do is : inform them that you are pregnant (and if you have it, add a letter from your physician with a due date), and tell them that when the baby is born, you will update the "additional info" form to update them.
Unfortunately, being pregnant doesn't give you any precedence over other files, nor does it speed up your application. The positive effect though is that it reinforces the fact that you have a genuine relationship, and in that sense, it might "speed up" the process because your husband might not be required to have an interview before approving the PR - so if you avoid an interview it will go faster. But other than that, it won't really change anything.
Hope for you that your husband can land before you have the baby, would be much nicer of course. Given the fact that your file was transferred mid july, you should be near the end, as your file has been in London for 7 months, and 80% of the files are completed in 9....
Fingers crossed!
Sweden

Lakwa

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-02-2012
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
Dear Sweden & DGT

My husband & I sent in our application on June 26th, 2012 and have just received the first email or correspondence from CIC. We are very happy to have received an email but are wondering if we should email and send it by mail? or just by mail??? ANy suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to all who have received there COPR!!!

Sincerly,

Lakwa

Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.
Personal history from 1995/09 - 2000/09; 2000/11 - 2001/07; and 2011/07 - 2011/10.

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Should your personal circumstances (address, marriage, divorce, birth, death, adoption) change between now and the time you leave for Canada you must report the changes to us. Visas issued without the correct information concerning family status are invalid and admission to Canada will be refused.
The issuance of an immigration visa does not ensure your eventual acceptance into the practice of your profession or occupation in Canada. It is your responsibility to determine whether any licensing/registration requirements apply to your occupation or profession in the province where you wish to settle. Do not leave employment, sell property or take any irrevocable step in anticipation of immigrating to Canada until you have received your visa(s).

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.
Yours sincerely,
ARS
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médical

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Lakwa said:
Dear Sweden & DGT

My husband & I sent in our application on June 26th, 2012 and have just received the first email or correspondence from CIC. We are very happy to have received an email but are wondering if we should email and send it by mail? or just by mail??? ANy suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to all who have received there COPR!!!

Sincerly,

Lakwa

[size=10pt][size=10pt]
Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.
Personal history from 1995/09 - 2000/09; 2000/11 - 2001/07; and 2011/07 - 2011/10.

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Should your personal circumstances (address, marriage, divorce, birth, death, adoption) change between now and the time you leave for Canada you must report the changes to us. Visas issued without the correct information concerning family status are invalid and admission to Canada will be refused.
The issuance of an immigration visa does not ensure your eventual acceptance into the practice of your profession or occupation in Canada. It is your responsibility to determine whether any licensing/registration requirements apply to your occupation or profession in the province where you wish to settle. Do not leave employment, sell property or take any irrevocable step in anticipation of immigrating to Canada until you have received your visa(s).

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.
Yours sincerely,
ARS
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médical

[/size][/size]
I would do both... I think it's best to have the documents in paper form reaching the embassy, but what you could do is prepare everything that they require, and send it by post, as well as responding to the email and attaching a scan of the forms - telling them that you have sent the paper version on that day, etc.
So if they want to have a look at the papers they can have the scanned version, and if that's not enough, the paper version is coming soon anyway.
Good luck, hope it's finalized soon,
Sweden

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hi Lakwa!

I would suggest simply emailing it to them, since they aren't official documents that you need to send. That way, you're more likely to receive acknowledgement of receipt. I wonder why they have asked for so much personal history information though! Did you include much information on your history together in your application? Such as in Schedule A Background Declaration? Anyway, the more details you can put in these personal histories, the better!

Lakwa

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-02-2012
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
Sweden said:
I would do both... I think it's best to have the documents in paper form reaching the embassy, but what you could do is prepare everything that they require, and send it by post, as well as responding to the email and attaching a scan of the forms - telling them that you have sent the paper version on that day, etc.
So if they want to have a look at the papers they can have the scanned version, and if that's not enough, the paper version is coming soon anyway.
Good luck, hope it's finalized soon,
Sweden

Thanks so much for replying to my post so quickly. That's exactly what we thought too, thanks! This process has been so emotionally draining and i really appreciate the time you take to reply to each posts.
Thanks again,
Lakwa

PS..this thread has tremendously helped my sanity!

Lakwa

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-02-2012
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
DGT said:
Hi Lakwa!

I would suggest simply emailing it to them, since they aren't official documents that you need to send. That way, you're more likely to receive acknowledgement of receipt. I wonder why they have asked for so much personal history information though! Did you include much information on your history together in your application? Such as in Schedule A Background Declaration? Anyway, the more details you can put in these personal histories, the better!

Thanks DGT for the quick response to my post. We thought we were extremely thorough on the background declaration and gave as much info as possible but they needed more i guess, so we are writing everything that we can think of to make this process smooth. How long do you think we have to wait from this point? We have been waiting 168 from the sponsorship approval and 242 days total. So eager to that COPR!!!

Thanks Again,
Lakwa

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
242 days! Ouch! Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for you after submitting this information. But with CIC, who knows? Hopefully if all goes to plan it'll just be another month or so. You have been waiting pretty close to the average processing time, so hopefully they pick up the extra info and don't require an interview! Is your personal history particularly complicated such as lots of moving around?

Lakwa

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-02-2012
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
DGT said:
242 days! Ouch! Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for you after submitting this information. But with CIC, who knows? Hopefully if all goes to plan it'll just be another month or so. You have been waiting pretty close to the average processing time, so hopefully they pick up the extra info and don't require an interview! Is your personal history particularly complicated such as lots of moving around?
Hey DGT,

It's actually pretty straight forward and all they wanted was my husbands employment records for the last 10 yrs, which we already gave. Hard to know what hey are looking for but we are being as transparent as possible. Are you able to check your application process on ecas? It's still down for me:(

Lakwa

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Well Lakwa, that sucks! Perhaps they are just incompetent. :D I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about. I am one of the lucky ones that has been able to check my ecas throughout the whole process. Though I have barred myself from doing so as it is completely pointless and frustrating. :)

Lakwa

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-02-2012
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
Hey DGT,

So sorry to hear about your passport situation, I definitely feel your pain. Good Luck!

Lakwa

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hehe. Thanks! It's my own fault really! I'm upset too because I had been all over the world with it. So many stamps and visas. India, China, Australia, South Africa, Canada! All gone! Oh well. I just hope it doesn't slow things down too much.

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
chopsticks said:
Hi,

I just wish to get some advice from the members on this thread if it is a good idea to inform the London Office about a pregnancy or not?
Would that help the application in any way or would the officer get confused with the new piece of information and not know what to do?
If anyone has been in this situation please to let know your experience thanks :)
Congrats Chopsticks!! Delighted for you and hope you get COPR asap!!!

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Finally able to log onto ecas again, still 'in process' so no change there. However, I was looking at my address, and for some reason it doesn't have the county or country listed on ecas. It's a UK address, but would they realise this? It is correct in all the paperwork we filed so am I just fretting for no reason?

EMAPLE

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-12
AOR Received.
23-07-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-07-12
Med's Done....
MARCH 2012
Interview........
N/A
chopsticks said:
Hey,
Yes it is really frustrating when they give such mixed answers. Our tracking also showed that the package was received by them and they also confirmed that they got it. so not sure what they are trying to say. Just to be safe we sent the stuff again.
We emailed them to ask if the package was received and we got a reply after a month.
You can email them and ask if you are lucky you will get a reply sooner than us.
Are you also from a non visa exempt country, since you have been waiting for long as well?
Hi Chopsticks,
Yes i am non visa-exempt. I will try emailing today and will let you know what happens.

Hang in there. It will be over soon. Xx