+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
nmford said:
I sent one the other day and they said wait 5 more days!
well at least they are answering! maybe they didn't send it exactly on the 17th, that's why they know it's not there yet... but it should be there soon (then it's the end of the waiting game, promise! then there is the wait for the PR card but you don't actually need it for anything, so that's OK!).

As a general note for all who are landing soon (fingers crossed!) - when you land, make sure that the border officer stamps your passport ( as well as sign the COPR but that's more obvious). If your passport is not signed at the same time as your COPR signed, you won't be able to get a SIN at Service Canada. You have to present both the COPR and the passport stamped on the same day (landing day) to get a SIN right away - otherwise you might have to wait until the PR card arrives (more than 2 months later), hence delaying the time where you can work...
Sweden

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
ghunter said:
Hello,

Do the 12 months have the be the most recent 12 months? And would letters from my parents saying that we did live with them for this time period be enough? What other sorts of things would they need to say in their letter? Would we need another letter from our current living quarters?

Thanks!!
Do the letters from your parents have to hand written or can be typed? - My mum has MS and her hand writing isn't the best

She has tried her best to write one out for us including things like overall how long we have been in a relationship, any family vacations where we were all together, family celebrations, mentioned our long distance relationship etc.

If anyone can confirm if it is ok to type out these letter, that would be great.

Thank you.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
msmith1789 said:
Do the letters from your parents have to hand written or can be typed? - My mum has MS and her hand writing isn't the best

She has tried her best to write one out for us including things like overall how long we have been in a relationship, any family vacations where we were all together, family celebrations, mentioned our long distance relationship etc.

If anyone can confirm if it is ok to type out these letter, that would be great.

Thank you.
I'm sure it's OK to type it (my letters were all typed) and then she can sign it. You need 2 letters notarized, so if that's the one you are choosing to have notarized, then she has to sign in front of an official person who will then certify that she was the one signing it ( with checking ID etc).
I'm sure CIC will be grateful if you type it, it makes it much easier to read!
Sweden

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Sweden said:
I'm sure it's OK to type it (my letters were all typed) and then she can sign it. You need 2 letters notarized, so if that's the one you are choosing to have notarized, then she has to sign in front of an official person who will then certify that she was the one signing it ( with checking ID etc).
I'm sure CIC will be grateful if you type it, it makes it much easier to read!
Sweden
Thanks for coming to the rescue again Sweden ;D

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
All mine were typed. I basically created a template letter that said the person has known me since X date, know me and my partner as a couple since X date, they believe our relationship to be genuine (etc). I had one part where I asked everyone to write something personal (people wrote things like I have travelled with them both, they came to our wedding together etc). Then I got a bunch of my friends, gf parents, my parents etc to sign them.

If you want I'd be happy to email a copy to you if that is allowed.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
UKZippy said:
HI Sweden,
Here's the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

I'm already in Canada but my PR papers will be processed in London.

Thanks
The link you posted refers to the guideline for Inland applications - so not applicable to you. It's nothing new - as soon as you file an inland application you don't need to worry about maintaining status as CIC has a policy of not removing spouses who are in Canada waiting for an answer as long as the PR application has been filed before the expiry date of the last visa.
Good luck!
Sweden

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Sweden said:
The link you posted refers to the guideline for Inland applications - so not applicable to you. It's nothing new - as soon as you file an inland application you don't need to worry about maintaining status as CIC has a policy of not removing spouses who are in Canada waiting for an answer as long as the PR application has been filed before the expiry date of the last visa.
Good luck!
Sweden
Thanks,
Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. My application will go to London but I'm applying from within Canada. I've been here since 2011

Col

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
UKZippy said:
Thanks,
Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. My application will go to London but I'm applying from within Canada. I've been here since 2011

Col
if you chose the Outland route ( and downloaded the outland guideline, forms etc) then you're in the right thread, and it doesn't matter if you are in Canada or outside, as for Outland applications you can be anywhere in the world, including in Canada.
However, the link you posted refers to the "inland route", which applications go to Vegreville, AB. It's a different set of forms, guidelines and process altogether, as the two routes are very different.
Hope it clarifies a bit!
Sweden

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
if you chose the Outland route ( and downloaded the outland guideline, forms etc) then you're in the right thread, and it doesn't matter if you are in Canada or outside, as for Outland applications you can be anywhere in the world, including in Canada.
However, the link you posted refers to the "inland route", which applications go to Vegreville, AB. It's a different set of forms, guidelines and process altogether, as the two routes are very different.
Hope it clarifies a bit!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden!

It's all a bit confusing at first. However I have used those forms and they are on their way to Verreville.
:)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
UKZippy said:
Thanks Sweden!

It's all a bit confusing at first. However I have used those forms and they are on their way to Verreville.
:)
then you are not an Outland through London applicant, so the timelines on this thread will not apply to you ( you're still welcome to hang out here of course!). If you have used these forms, and sent your application to Vegreville, then you are an Inland application, you are not allowed to leave Canada for the duration of the process, and your application will be handled entirely in Canada, by Vegreville first and most likely transferred to a local CIC office for the second stage. London won't be involved. If you have included an OWP in your application you'll be allowed to work after the first stage has been approved, and you don't need to worry about maintaining your status, because you are under implied status ( if you have included an OWP in your application).

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Hi guys

I am moving from Newfoundland to Toronto next week. I need to Land and so I was thinking of stopping at a border along the way somewhere. Has anyone had experiences at any of those borders? Can we roll up in our U-Haul and just stop by? Do I need to apply for an American tourist visa online in order to do this?

Cheers

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
then you are not an Outland through London applicant, so the timelines on this thread will not apply to you ( you're still welcome to hang out here of course!). If you have used these forms, and sent your application to Vegreville, then you are an Inland application, you are not allowed to leave Canada for the duration of the process, and your application will be handled entirely in Canada, by Vegreville first and most likely transferred to a local CIC office for the second stage. London won't be involved. If you have included an OWP in your application you'll be allowed to work after the first stage has been approved, and you don't need to worry about maintaining your status, because you are under implied status ( if you have included an OWP in your application).
Ah Haa! Thanks Sweden.
We need more kind folk like you! Thanks for clearing things up. And yes, I will continue to hang out here, it's a nice thread! :D

Sorry for my ignorance but......not sure what the acronym OWP is ::)

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
;D
AOR today!!! Got the email two hours ago. Hooray!
Congratulations to all the other members that also received theirs.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
UKZippy said:
Ah Haa! Thanks Sweden.
We need more kind folk like you! Thanks for clearing things up. And yes, I will continue to hang out here, it's a nice thread! :D

Sorry for my ignorance but......not sure what the acronym OWP is ::)
No worries - OWP is open work permit. If you apply inland and send an OWP request together with the application, you will be getting an OWP after the first stage (4 to 6 months apparently now), so then you could work until you are approved for PR. It's usually why most people choose the Inland route - as in total it's 14 months to get the PR, so for Uk applicants, longer than outland, but you get a work permit after stage 1, when with outland you have to wait until the full PR is issued - if you see the spreadsheet in my signature, you'll see that quite a few applicants are done in 7 months total ( so yes - inland is longer than outland).

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Can anyone help with what happens next for me? Cpc miss received my app today. What's the next stage? Aor then sponsor approval? Or is aor sponsor approval?

Thanks in advance!