+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
KBJ said:
Hi DGT,

If I apply UK ILR before i receive canada PR, does london VO put a query on my application?
I'm afraid I don't know, but I think that the VO dealing with your application may query why you are looking to obtain what is effectively 2 permanent residencies, as well as having your original citizenship. I don't know enough on the subject to know whether that's how it works, but it seems logical to me that they might question it. Ultimately, PR and ILR are not designed for future convenience of travel, and I don't think they'd like it!

Just my opinion though!

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Hope everyone is hanging in . Seems not much movement from the London VO in the last few weeks. Im barely in the process not even 2 months, and its making me lets say " a little anxious" .
I think we need a "Group Hug " :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
moonchild67 said:
Hope everyone is hanging in . Seems not much movement from the London VO in the last few weeks. Im barely in the process not even 2 months, and its making me lets say " a little anxious" .
I'm just telling myself that all the applicants that AREN'T on the forums got their DM's this week. :)

tommyboy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
moonchild67 said:
Agreed! I'm losing my hair already! I left my wife and newborn a couple of weeks ago to come back to the UK to work.
I can't stand the way the London VO operate. It's really frustrating.
How hard can it be? If it really takes that long then they should get more people to get through it faster. For chrissakes, this are peoples lives on the line. I'm making decisions (or not making) based on CIC's processing times.

Compared to the speed other VO's complete the process i.e. New delhi, you'd think this was in a 3rd world country(no disrespect to 3rd world countries). Humor me for a minute here; every information can be confirmed online compared to some countries that don't have a database of information. In my opinion we should be one of the fastest VO's. On paper we are, in reality .....

That's me done venting for the day/week. Have a great weekend folks.

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey there rpurdie, well when I hear any more information I will let you know. I did hear from London office today though and they emailed informing me:

"Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. It has arrived within our London office. No further action is required by you at this time."

I guess it is the start of a long wait now! Are you living in the UK still or biding your time here in Canada?

Cheers!
Thanks!

We're in the fortunate position of both living and working in the UK (London; wife has ILR and working on citizenship) so for us it's nowhere near as bad as some of the stories i read on here about couples being separated for so long.

Aiming to get to Toronto in August, which is 6 months today, so let's get cracking London VO!

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
We currently are in beith, North Ayrshire. (not my favorite haha) Im from Sydney but have spent alot of time in Halifax.
DGT said:
Hehe. She's from Port Hawkesbury originally, but mainly raised down on the mainland in Colchester County. It's an amazing part of the world, but we're in Toronto now 'cause she's more of a city person! Me, I'm happy anywhere in Canada. You grow up with an automatic reverence and connection with Canada if you're raised in Scotland! Where in Scotland do you call home?

chiefmissile

Oct 17, 2012
Portsmouth UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2012
Doc's Request.
Bank statements, statement on how i will establish economically in Canada- Request for RPRF,
Nomination.....
MPNP 12th Nov 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013 CIO
IELTS Request
Not Applicable NOC A and Educated in UK
File Transfer...
"In Process" 10 Apr 13
Med's Request
29th April 13
Med's Done....
10th May 13
Interview........
E-cas Meds Received 14/06/2013
rpurdie said:
Thanks!

We're in the fortunate position of both living and working in the UK (London; wife has ILR and working on citizenship) so for us it's nowhere near as bad as some of the stories i read on here about couples being separated for so long.

Aiming to get to Toronto in August, which is 6 months today, so let's get cracking London VO!
Hi, just been looking at this section regarding "Family Sponsorship" I have my mum and dad + 2 brothers who have lived in Canada for 21 years and are now Canadian Citizens. We went down the route of the Provincial nominee program because we thought that this route would be quicker, but looking at the time lines on here, we would have been better going down the family route as we are now 8 months down the line after being nominated by the province, checked at Sydney NS and now being forwarded to London? We are hoping for our COPR (Visa) around June/July.

My question is, bearing in mind when my parents and 2 brother moved across in 1992, my parents gave up the right to sponsor me, however I believe that my brothers could still have sponsored me? If I had gone down this route, would they have been able to sponsor not just me, but my wife and 2 children also?

I am wondering if that when our case officer in London see's my family background declaration with my parents and brothers addresses in Canada, will this aid faster processing?

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Regards

Andrew

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
rpurdie said:
Thanks!

Awesome, where in the UK do you live? We are fortunate that I can be a "kept man" I guess, which sounds more appealing than it is. Still, my cooking skills are amazing now after so long unemployed. That and biking around Stanley Park has kept me sane.

I am now awaiting CIC to release the next batch of IEC (Working holiday visas) which should be in the next day or two. I am just so eager to start working again!

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
dakar23 said:
Hi Grizzlybear,

You had interview today, i hope it went well.
would you like to share your experience with us. I have interview on 13th February.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks
My interview date was changed because I made a silly mistake. When I got the email regarding my interview, I did not email back to confirm my attendance although they specified that in the message. Therefore, I wasn't scheduled for the interview yesterday. MAKE SURE YOU CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE by email as it specifies to avoid falling in my silly mistake.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
mickmerf1 said:
Hi davidmarsden38,
would that be Stanley Park Liverpool by any chance ;D
Mickmerf1, as wonderful as Stanley Park in Liverpool is, I am referring to Stanley Park in Vancouver (Raincouver right now) ;)

Did anyone else wait out their visa situation in Canada/ Vancouver?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
chiefmissile said:
Hi, just been looking at this section regarding "Family Sponsorship" I have my mum and dad + 2 brothers who have lived in Canada for 21 years and are now Canadian Citizens. We went down the route of the Provincial nominee program because we thought that this route would be quicker, but looking at the time lines on here, we would have been better going down the family route as we are now 8 months down the line after being nominated by the province, checked at Sydney NS and now being forwarded to London? We are hoping for our COPR (Visa) around June/July.

My question is, bearing in mind when my parents and 2 brother moved across in 1992, my parents gave up the right to sponsor me, however I believe that my brothers could still have sponsored me? If I had gone down this route, would they have been able to sponsor not just me, but my wife and 2 children also?

I am wondering if that when our case officer in London see's my family background declaration with my parents and brothers addresses in Canada, will this aid faster processing?

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Regards

Andrew
Hey Andrew,

the short answer to your question is: probably not. The timeline you see here are for spouse sponsorship (one spouse is Canadian, sponsoring his/her partner from outside Canada), which is the fastest process. If you look at CIC website, there are very very very few cases where a brother can sponsor, so I don't believe that your brothers would have been able to get you into Canada. If you have found a program that allows you to settle in Canada, then it's probably your best bet, even if it takes a long time.
Don't compare with our timelines here - it won't tell you much. There is another section of the forum dedicated to PNP processing, you would probably have a better idea there.
Good luck with the process,
Sweden

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
davidmarsden38 said:
Mickmerf1, as wonderful as Stanley Park in Liverpool is, I am referring to Stanley Park in Vancouver (Raincouver right now) ;)

Did anyone else wait out their visa situation in Canada/ Vancouver?
Yes my girlfriend is currently on a work visa which ends on May 1st, we are submitting our application in the next 2 weeks, but she will be waiting out for her application to be completely processed here in BC.

By the way, what are the workin Visa holidays? What are the requirements for those? - I would love to hear a bit more information on that if you wouldn't mind.

Cheers!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
msmith1789 said:
Yes my girlfriend is currently on a work visa which ends on May 1st, we are submitting our application in the next 2 weeks, but she will be waiting out for her application to be completely processed here in BC.

By the way, what are the workin Visa holidays? What are the requirements for those? - I would love to hear a bit more information on that if you wouldn't mind.

Cheers!
Hi there msmith1789,

The working holiday visa is known as the "international experience canada" visa.

The requirements are all online via this webpage if your girlfriend is from the UK. There will be a local CIC website for whatever country she is from if not.

I have already had one and it expired last June and I was too late to get a second one. If she has time left on her current visa, and I believe you said she does, then she can be eligible to extend. On the back of her paper visa stapled in her passport is a telephone number she can call. And if I remember rightly, the application has to be in at least 30 days prior to it expiring.

Once the paperwork/ application is in, she will then be on "implied status" meaning she carries on as normal, even when her current visa expires, until she hears back from the CIC.

I hope that helped. Are you guys here in Vancouver too? The new batch of IEC visas are going to be released imminently (in the next day or so) and I cannot wait.

Cheers!