+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
nmford said:
HEY! Congratulations! I wish I was so lucky :)

STILL WAITING :-\

Creeping up on a year since we sent in our app now :(
Hi nmford

I think your luckier than I am. Mine took 6 months for spousal approval and now they are just processing the second part of my application on Dec 17, 2012 and I am a February 2012 applicant. I have a feeling that mine will be long away. Basically in 2 wks time, it will be a whole year waiting and still waiting ::) :(.

Dont worry, I reckon you will get your decision before me.

London VO hurry up!

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
qtazngal said:
Hi nmford

I think your luckier than I am. Mine took 6 months for spousal approval and now they are just processing the second part of my application on Dec 17, 2012 and I am a February 2012 applicant. I have a feeling that mine will be long away. Basically in 2 wks time, it will be a whole year waiting and still waiting ::) :(.

Dont worry, I reckon you will get your decision before me.

London VO hurry up!

Six months for sponsorship approval?! Did they say why it took so long?

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Sniprat said:
So, I have just sent my application off in the post this afternoon. Hope I did everything correctly. Looks like it is 50 days for the sponsorship to be approved and then 9 months for London to sort the rest of it out. :eek:

All the best to everyone else - I have been reading your posts with great interest. Nice to join the club finally.
Welcome aboard. Wishing a quick and smooth application for you!

My address on ecas has been updated to my Canadian address, which I guess confirms that London have my file for sure? Not that I doubted it was there.

I'll be honest it makes me a bit nervous the thought of them sending my COPR through the international postal system. Out of curiosity, if it gets lost in transit, is it quick and simple enough to get another one sent?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Korma said:
Welcome aboard. Wishing a quick and smooth application for you!

My address on ecas has been updated to my Canadian address, which I guess confirms that London have my file for sure? Not that I doubted it was there.

I'll be honest it makes me a bit nervous the thought of them sending my COPR through the international postal system. Out of curiosity, if it gets lost in transit, is it quick and simple enough to get another one sent?
It does confirm that London has your file. took them 6 days to update it, not bad!
About the COPR - I'm not sure. Mine arrived in Canada after a while, and it did get a little of my nerves to wait for it and have no idea when it will come - some VO send it with recommended post, or ask for a return envelop, but London doesn't, so not much choice there... I suppose you would have to wait about 3 to 4 weeks to ask them for a new one, depending on where you live... Mine was sent to my inlaws and they live in a place that is difficult to reach (2 ferries etc), so it took a full 2 weeks, which all things considered is reasonable..
Good luck!
Sweden

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
ldjames said:
Fantastic stuff! Your application has been the source of more nerves on my side than our own, so we're greatly pleased for you it's all finally got through.
Thank you!!! Just hope the decision they made was the right one! :)

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Sweden said:
YEAHHHHH! great news and congrats, finally happening! 2 DM in a day for people that have been waiting for wayyy too long, that's good to see!!

"Welcome" to Canada! ;-)
Sweden
Thanks!!! When COPR arrives in the mail, how long do I have to Flagpole?

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
nmford said:
Six months for sponsorship approval?! Did they say why it took so long?
Hey nmford

No. I was waiting and waiting. Gave up for a little while then 6 months later, email saying that I am approved August 20, 2012. London VO has the document since then and just last month they are processing it. Bummer!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bonitanita said:
Thanks!!! When COPR arrives in the mail, how long do I have to Flagpole?
expiration of your medicals, or your passport, whichever comes first. so probably 27th of March 2013 if you have done the medicals on the 28th of March as written on your profile... plenty of time! :)

For sure it's the right decision - they have enough proofs that you are a real couple and they have asked you already for the missing police certificate, so now that they have it, they just updated and issued your visa - about time I would say!!!
Sweden

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Sweden said:
expiration of your medicals, or your passport, whichever comes first. so probably 27th of March 2013 if you have done the medicals on the 28th of March as written on your profile... plenty of time! :)

For sure it's the right decision - they have enough proofs that you are a real couple and they have asked you already for the missing police certificate, so now that they have it, they just updated and issued your visa - about time I would say!!!
Sweden
About time indeed!

COPR will come in the mail right? When it comes, I will just go Flagpole and that's it? How long roughly does it take to come in the mail?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qtazngal said:
Hey nmford

No. I was waiting and waiting. Gave up for a little while then 6 months later, email saying that I am approved August 20, 2012. London VO has the document since then and just last month they are processing it. Bummer!
it's really strange. If you had been in Canada you could probably have called and asked about it once they passed the date on the website, because it's really uncommon for first stage to take that long! I hope that London speeds up for you and it's issued soon. THey are working on late august/early september sponsor approvals from the look of the spreadsheet, and you're already in process, so hopefully it will be done soon.Hopefully it's "in process" because they have asked for an extension of your medicals (as they have expired a week ago and you didn't get a request to re-do them) and as soon as that's granted, if everything else is OK in your file, then you'll have the PR issued...fingers crossed.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bonitanita said:
About time indeed!

COPR will come in the mail right? When it comes, I will just go Flagpole and that's it? How long roughly does it take to come in the mail?
yes - you can start stalking the mailman but it's probably early! :) mine turned "decision made" the day they sent it ( discovered that when it arrived obviously!), it was actually issued a few days before that. So you can assume it's been sent today... I would say give it a week as a minimum, and since you're in a bit of a remote community, maybe 10 days? at least there is no holidays in the middle.
But yes - once it arrives, you flagpole and that's it - you become a PR! right there and then. With the COPR signed ( there is 2 copies, one with picture that the immigration officer will keep, and one without that's for you), you can go straight to a Service Canada office, and with your passport, they will issue a SIN right away. The SIN card comes in the mail in about 10 days, but you get a paper with your SIN when you get out of Service Canada office the same day, so it's valid right away.
PR Card takes about 2 months to arrive - still waiting for mine. another 10 days probably before I get it.
Sweden

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Sweden said:
it's really strange. If you had been in Canada you could probably have called and asked about it once they passed the date on the website, because it's really uncommon for first stage to take that long! I hope that London speeds up for you and it's issued soon. THey are working on late august/early september sponsor approvals from the look of the spreadsheet, and you're already in process, so hopefully it will be done soon.Hopefully it's "in process" because they have asked for an extension of your medicals (as they have expired a week ago and you didn't get a request to re-do them) and as soon as that's granted, if everything else is OK in your file, then you'll have the PR issued...fingers crossed.
Sweden
Hi Sweden

Ya, the second stage is "in process" and no I haven't got any email or letter asking to redo the medical for my husband.it only indicate on ECAS - medical received. I hope I have the right to be impatient as this is really taking so long (in my opinion anyway). I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Will update if any other communication comes my way.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qtazngal said:
Hi Sweden

Ya, the second stage is "in process" and no I haven't got any email or letter asking to redo the medical for my husband.it only indicate on ECAS - medical received. I hope I have the right to be impatient as this is really taking so long (in my opinion anyway). I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Will update if any other communication comes my way.
You definitely earned the right to be impatient after waiting for so long!! now hopefully your application is back on the right track after waiting for so long for stage 1...
Will watch out for more communication from you - next one should be "decision made"!
Sweden

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Sweden said:
yes - you can start stalking the mailman but it's probably early! :) mine turned "decision made" the day they sent it ( discovered that when it arrived obviously!), it was actually issued a few days before that. So you can assume it's been sent today... I would say give it a week as a minimum, and since you're in a bit of a remote community, maybe 10 days? at least there is no holidays in the middle.
But yes - once it arrives, you flagpole and that's it - you become a PR! right there and then. With the COPR signed ( there is 2 copies, one with picture that the immigration officer will keep, and one without that's for you), you can go straight to a Service Canada office, and with your passport, they will issue a SIN right away. The SIN card comes in the mail in about 10 days, but you get a paper with your SIN when you get out of Service Canada office the same day, so it's valid right away.
PR Card takes about 2 months to arrive - still waiting for mine. another 10 days probably before I get it.
Sweden
Thanks. I am hoping it was sent last week! I hadn't checked ECAS since last Tuesday. Been busy and so it could have changed to DM as early as Wed and I'm hoping it did and that I will see it in the mail tomorrow! We're in a rural area but I get mail from mum within 3 - 7 days so hopefully soon! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bonitanita said:
Thanks. I am hoping it was sent last week! I hadn't checked ECAS since last Tuesday. Been busy and so it could have changed to DM as early as Wed and I'm hoping it did and that I will see it in the mail tomorrow! We're in a rural area but I get mail from mum within 3 - 7 days so hopefully soon! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!
almost a week without checking ecas, impressive record right there! :) you're on the "right side" of Canada for getting mail from the UK, so it'll certainly make it there quicker than to "my" side of Canada! :)