+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
johare12 said:
So we landed as Sweden you were right it was painless and a little disappointing haha, never asked for the b4 or anything so pretty simple

Got my SIN number sorted (slightly painful as two of the staff assured me I was not able to get it with the 2nd part of my COPR as it was not the original... but eventually another member of staff got involved and told me it was all good, and the other 2 began apologizing and claiming they were new members of staff.)

Now we are searching for a place to stay and are hoping to move to downtown Toronto (or at least Richmond Hill, Vaughn, Markham)

But as we aren't too familiar in the area I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what areas to avoid or to recommend nice areas downtown that are still affordable! :)
Hi Johare12

Congratulations!!

Try Scarborough. As far as I can remember Downtown Toronto is quite expensive to rent. If you are planning to work downtown and but dont want to pay downtown apartment prices , you can try Yonge and Eglington. My nephew and niece used to live there they say its affortable. Me I used to live Sheppard Avenue East and Don Mills and worked downtown. Close to all amenities, school, bus stops, subway, mall etc. Markham as far as I know its now expensive (I also used to live in Markham, Milliken Mills).
Good luck in your search and best wishes.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
qtazngal said:
Hi Johare12

Congratulations!!

Try Scarborough. As far as I can remember Downtown Toronto is quite expensive to rent. If you are planning to work downtown and but dont want to pay downtown apartment prices , you can try Yonge and Eglington. My nephew and niece used to live there they say its affortable. Me I used to live Sheppard Avenue East and Don Mills and worked downtown. Close to all amenities, school, bus stops, subway, mall etc. Markham as far as I know its now expensive (I also used to live in Markham, Milliken Mills).
Good luck in your search and best wishes.
Im hoping to work downtown and my partner has to commute for different job sites so hoping to keep travel costs to a minimum! staying in Newmarket just now but it seems to be just too far away from downtown. Will have a look in those areas! thanks :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
johare12 said:
So we landed as Sweden you were right it was painless and a little disappointing haha, never asked for the b4 or anything so pretty simple

Got my SIN number sorted (slightly painful as two of the staff assured me I was not able to get it with the 2nd part of my COPR as it was not the original... but eventually another member of staff got involved and told me it was all good, and the other 2 began apologizing and claiming they were new members of staff.)

Now we are searching for a place to stay and are hoping to move to downtown Toronto (or at least Richmond Hill, Vaughn, Markham)

But as we aren't too familiar in the area I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what areas to avoid or to recommend nice areas downtown that are still affordable! :)
Congrats and welcome to Canada - it's over! :) well for immigration.... now welcome to the wonderful world of looking for jobs/apartments etc! :) good luck with that,
Sweden

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
qtazngal said:
Hi Sweden

Many thanks and I will add a few more info.
Yes took too long for the first stage dont know why maybe because I put on the application that we rather move to Canada July or August for my kids sake so they can start school fresh in Toronto. No they haven't ask me for my husband's medical it say on the ECAS that medical received. I wont be surprise that the second stage will also take long.

Thanks again Sweden
Ouch. We put October on ours. I really hope this doesn't mean we're processed a lot slower.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
herewecome said:
Ouch. We put October on ours. I really hope this doesn't mean we're processed a lot slower.
there are many many factors why applications are delayed - sometimes because they got lost in the pile, etc, so I don't think that one date will make much of a difference... the visa officer is looking at your application to see if you have a genuine relationship + criminal background, I don't think they will go into details of when you're moving and hence delay on purpose your file...
Good luck,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
fingers crossed for a good week...x

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
herewecome said:
Hi herewecome

Apologies if I gave you the wrong impression that my application was slow going because of the date I put on the application form that I rather move July or Aug. Sweden is right, could be that my application was misplaced for a little bit or etc... I think maybe that they have to investigate my sponsorship status coz I have been away from Canada for at least 21years. So please dont think that they will process your slow like mine. Sorry.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
qtazngal said:
Hi herewecome

Apologies if I gave you the wrong impression that my application was slow going because of the date I put on the application form that I rather move July or Aug. Sweden is right, could be that my application was misplaced for a little bit or etc... I think maybe that they have to investigate my sponsorship status coz I have been away from Canada for at least 21years. So please dont think that they will process your slow like mine. Sorry.
I worry about everything anyway so no need to apologise at all. :D. The sponsor in our case has been away for quite a while too lol

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
herewecome said:
I worry about everything anyway so no need to apologise at all. :D. The sponsor in our case has been away for quite a while too lol
Hi herewecome

Hi ya, Im the sponsor. I am sponsoring my husband +kids and we all live in England. Since I have been away more than 20 years from Canada- maybe they are checking my status as a sponsor (if I am allowed).
:) thats probably why it took 6 months to get a decision.

Good luck with your application

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
I am sponsoring my boyfriend who lives in England (I just moved back to Canada in September 2012). I have been approved as his Sponsor, and the email said that the file would be sent off to the London Office.

I'm a bit confused as I am the only one to receive any communication via email. Is this right for the Sponsor to only receive emails? Will my boyfriend, as applicant, receive any emails?

Thanks!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
saraeascott said:
I am sponsoring my boyfriend who lives in England (I just moved back to Canada in September 2012). I have been approved as his Sponsor, and the email said that the file would be sent off to the London Office.

I'm a bit confused as I am the only one to receive any communication via email. Is this right for the Sponsor to only receive emails? Will my boyfriend, as applicant, receive any emails?

Thanks!
This is quite normal for the sponsor to receive a conformation email, your bf wont receive anything from CPC-M. Good luck

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saraeascott said:

Thanks!
From now on probably only your bf will get communication from London... the sponsorship part is for the sponsor, so CIC communicates only with the sponsor ( or the representative), but when the file is moved to the VO, then communications go to the applicant - if any! I never received any communication from London ( and my sponsor either), only Decision Made and the COPR in the post!
Good luck,
Sweden

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
It has been a long time. After a while of waiting, you start to get pretty freaked out to put it nicely. However today is good day. Today I logged onto e-cas. It read - 'Decision made'. My application had been in London since June/July. I hope its the right decision! :eek: I'm in Ireland now, I will receive the letter, I'd say within a week? yep!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
johare12 said:

Hi Johare12,

Congratulations on landing, must be a relief now its all over! :)

We live downtown and yes, its expensive but we love it. Someone mentioned before about Yonge and Eglinton (i work here) and this area has become very expensive, but its very upcoming (yonge and eligible they call it!). Little italy is more affordable, and a fab location too. Probably the cheapest area downtown is the beaches which is nice too. I would avoid Scarborough as it is actually quite far, you can't beat living downtown. Also, if your boyfriend commutes (mine will be too, out of Toronto) Yonge and Sheppard is a great area. Its very upcoming, lots of restaurants, movie theatre etc and VERY affordable compared to else where is Toronto. Its right on the subway line, you could be at union station in 15 mins and also right by the 401 so great for commuting.

Although Vaughan/Markham/Scarborough etc is cheaper, if you want to be downtown you will enjoy it so much you won't regret it.

So i'd check out Yonge/Sheppard (lots of condos) and the beaches (more house style apartments - obviously much more space!).

Good luck and feel free to message me if you need any more info! :)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
sarah2012 said:
It has been a long time. After a while of waiting, you start to get pretty freaked out to put it nicely. However today is good day. Today I logged onto e-cas. It read - 'Decision made'. My application had been in London since June/July. I hope its the right decision! :eek: I'm in Ireland now, I will receive the letter, I'd say within a week? yep!
Yay!! Congratulations! You really have been waiting a long time!! But it's practically over now and you can start you're new life soon :)