+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Lucanna said:
Hi thanks for your reply, that was what had me so worried as I saw they were working on November applications. While I was gone my boyfriend called them and found out it has been sent to the London office already we just didn't receive any correspondence at all.

So happy to find out that it's going well so far!

Thanks!
Good to hear! welcome to stage 2 and London VO... if you have the dates of application received/sponsorship approval/etc, feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet. The link is in my signature, it's open for all to edit, and it's in order of "sponsorship approval date" ( not when you sent it). The color in the user name corresponds to the month your application was received in CIC-Mississauga.
If you're not too sure how to do it, just let me know and I can add you if you prefer.
Good luck on your application,
Sweden

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
nmford said:
In my dreams :D
So finally broke down and sent the LVO office asking for a status update. Said my wife's medical and police check expired on Nov 1 and since we went "in process" Nov 15 is this delaying the review and/or do we need to send new ones or will they extend them for us. Also politely asked for a status timeline for approval ;) It is Xmas so why not ;)

What was interesting was the auto-reply..

The London visa office has received your email. We'll reply within 28 days. Don't resend your enquiry. We reply first to emails we consider urgent where the urgency is stated clearly. We only reply to case status enquiries if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca (not www.cic.gc.ca) has passed. If you've submitted new information, we'll update your file without replying.

CIC shows 9 months for review and the UK one 6 months. So we are all well within our rights to enquire after 6 months. Just found that interesting..

M

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
mirage1964 said:
So finally broke down and sent the LVO office asking for a status update. Said my wife's medical and police check expired on Nov 1 and since we went "in process" Nov 15 is this delaying the review and/or do we need to send new ones or will they extend them for us. Also politely asked for a status timeline for approval ;) It is Xmas so why not ;)

What was interesting was the auto-reply..

The London visa office has received your email. We'll reply within 28 days. Don't resend your enquiry. We reply first to emails we consider urgent where the urgency is stated clearly. We only reply to case status enquiries if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca (not www.cic.gc.ca) has passed. If you've submitted new information, we'll update your file without replying.

CIC shows 9 months for review and the UK one 6 months. So we are all well within our rights to enquire after 6 months. Just found that interesting..

M
Just out of curiosity, when did you send in the enquiry and when did they reply?

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
nmford said:
Just out of curiosity, when did you send in the enquiry and when did they reply?
Hi nmford..

I actually sent it today and received an auto reply about 5 minutes later.

This was the whole auto reply I received:

M

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
mirage1964 said:
Hi nmford..

I actually sent it today and received an auto reply about 5 minutes later.

This was the whole auto reply I received:

M
Ah okay, let me know if they actually reply to you!!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hi,

We were asked for additional documents about a month back. So we sent them to the London office about 2 weeks ago.
My husband lives in the EU so he sent it through registered mail to London.
Now the online status shows that customs at London have the package and we have no idea what they are doing with it. ??? It is JUST paper.
We need to get the package to the visa office before the deadline of 2 months!
I am wondering if anyone knows what is happening with our package or has had similar experience?

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
chopsticks said:
Hi,

We were asked for additional documents about a month back. So we sent them to the London office about 2 weeks ago.
Now the online status shows that customs at London have the package and we have no idea what they are doing with it. ??? It is JUST paper.
I am wondering if anyone knows what is happening with our package or has had similar experience?

Wow! I sent some documents in and they had them pretty quickly. I didn't even check if customs held them. I sent mine in 2 months ago, so prepare for a wait :eek:

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
I got an email from London this morning to confirm they have received my RPRF! That's a relief!
They gave the usual "We will be in touch once your file has been reviewed..yada yada yada.."
Please god it's soon!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
It seems as if COPRs have slowed down again in the last few weeks...or am I the only one thinking that?

I'm lucky enough to be in Canada already with my spouse but obviously not able to work and still times drags...

I got sponsorship approval in October so at this rate it looks like it will be March before I hear anything... :(

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chopsticks said:
Hi,

it might be already at the embassy but it depends where you do the follow up with a tracking number.
For example: if you send something from France to the Uk, the follow up number might allow you to track the package until it leaves France and arrives at customs in the UK, but the french website won't be able to show the follow up in the UK. For that, you have to use the UK website tracking system here http://track2.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track;jsessionid=25FVWWFG5NX0AFB2IGIVGAQ;jsessionid=25FVWWFG5NX0AFB2IGIVGAQ?catId=22700601&emt=emt&track=track&default=default&imageRootPath=&loc=en_GB&keyname=track_home&gear=track and enter the reference given to you, and you should be able to see if it has been delivered or not.
Hope that works for you!
Sweden
sfeire said:
I got an email from London this morning to confirm they have received my RPRF! That's a relief!
They gave the usual "We will be in touch once your file has been reviewed..yada yada yada.."
Please god it's soon!
Great - you're one step closer, and like this your file won't have any delay when they start working on it!
Good luck,
Sweden

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Please please please let this be the Tuesday.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
it might be already at the embassy but it depends where you do the follow up with a tracking number.
For example: if you send something from France to the Uk, the follow up number might allow you to track the package until it leaves France and arrives at customs in the UK, but the french website won't be able to show the follow up in the UK. For that, you have to use the UK website tracking system here http://track2.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track;jsessionid=25FVWWFG5NX0AFB2IGIVGAQ;jsessionid=25FVWWFG5NX0AFB2IGIVGAQ?catId=22700601&emt=emt&track=track&default=default&imageRootPath=&loc=en_GB&keyname=track_home&gear=track and enter the reference given to you, and you should be able to see if it has been delivered or not.
Hope that works for you!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden you are always a great help!
I did check on that, but it does not work for me :(
When my husband sent his visit visa stuff the tracking showed up to the point where the London office received it. We are assuming it would be the same this time.
Just to be sure about it we want to ask the London office, would this be a good idea? And if yes where should I email?

Thanks once again!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chopsticks said:
Thanks Sweden you are always a great help!
I did check on that, but it does not work for me :(
When my husband sent his visit visa stuff the tracking showed up to the point where the London office received it. We are assuming it would be the same this time.
Just to be sure about it we want to ask the London office, would this be a good idea? And if yes where should I email?

Thanks once again!
Most of the time, London doesn't answer to confirm that they have received the extra documents (they never did for me). But you can always try, explaining that the tracking number shows that it is stuck at the border but you don't see why etc etc... try sending a Case specific enquiry through their website, here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp
Good luck,
Sweden

May 17, 2012
I was approved on August 22 and haven't heard anything so I wrote to london VO asking for an udate on my file and this is the response I recieved

Your application was received in London on 2012/09/06 and is in a queue to be reviewed by an officer. Please see the citizen and immigration web site for average processing times. We will be in touch once your application has been reviewed and if further information is required.

I am so sad they haven't even looked at it, I really thought I would have approval this week based on the average approval time on this forum.

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hey chopstick try royalmail website for tracking. When I sent my additional stuff, it kept saying in transit and then @ the bottom of the canadapost site it said to check the country of destination. I check royalmail with my Canadian tracking# and it showed me it was delivered along with the signature n time rec'd @ the London VO.