+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Yes, you can stay as long as your visitor visa is valid until.

AND... thanks for the welcome Sweden and thanks again for clearing that up. I appreciate that, I can sleep easy tonight! ;D

I have been reading this particular thread for about 3 years, knowing I will need it when we came to sponsor my girlfriend and here we are, how time flies!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
msmith1789 said:
Yes, you can stay as long as your visitor visa is valid until.

AND... thanks for the welcome Sweden and thanks again for clearing that up. I appreciate that, I can sleep easy tonight! ;D

I have been reading this particular thread for about 3 years, knowing I will need it when we came to sponsor my girlfriend and here we are, how time flies!
Reading for 3 years! wow - you're probably the best prepared applicant ever! :) I only found the forum 3 days before sending my application off (literally!) so I struggled through the guidelines etc, learnt the hard way, and then waited for my PR to come through reading here... a very different process!
Good luck on your application,
Sweden

Lost Canadian

Dec 13, 2012
I was born in England in 74 and came to Canada when I was 3 weeks old. I was removed for what they claim serious criminality. I did have run ins with the law and did serve a sentence over six months but was a CSO the Supreme Court judge found me no threat to society. I was torn away almost 3 months ago from my fiancé and 5 children the youngest being 2 months at the time, we have just found out my fiancé is pregnant with twins due in June 2013. We are truly lost as to what's going to happen to us and our family it is a horrible thing that has happened My past was my past and our whole future has been shattered. My children are taking thing very hard and my fiancé has been left alone to deal and financially on her maternity leave our boy now being almost 5 months is growing up without his dad my fiancé has lost her support and best friend as I have also. I need to know if anyone has anything they can offer in situations like this i lived in Canada all my life from 3 weeks to 38 and I call Canada my home it's all I know it's where I was raised its where my life is I work 2 jobs and support my family my family is now being forced to welfare because I'm not there anymore ! There's not to many cases as mine and it's very complex I know just any help plz we are praying for anything my children want there daddy back I want my family my home and my life back

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Lost Canadian said:
I was born in England in 74 and came to Canada when I was 3 weeks old. I was removed for what they claim serious criminality. I did have run ins with the law and did serve a sentence over six months but was a CSO the Supreme Court judge found me no threat to society. I was torn away almost 3 months ago from my fiancé and 5 children the youngest being 2 months at the time, we have just found out my fiancé is pregnant with twins due in June 2013. We are truly lost as to what's going to happen to us and our family it is a horrible thing that has happened My past was my past and our whole future has been shattered. My children are taking thing very hard and my fiancé has been left alone to deal and financially on her maternity leave our boy now being almost 5 months is growing up without his dad my fiancé has lost her support and best friend as I have also. I need to know if anyone has anything they can offer in situations like this i lived in Canada all my life from 3 weeks to 38 and I call Canada my home it's all I know it's where I was raised its where my life is I work 2 jobs and support my family my family is now being forced to welfare because I'm not there anymore ! There's not to many cases as mine and it's very complex I know just any help plz we are praying for anything my children want there daddy back I want my family my home and my life back
Hey Lost Canadian,

I think the best would be to get a lawyer, as it is a complicated case, and I don't think that on this thread you would be able to find the support that you need (legal advice).
Maybe try and post a separate thread on the main forum, to see if one of the senior members can answer, but I think you will need serious legal advice.
Best of luck,
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
msmith1789 said:
We started going out together when we were 15 and then I moved to Canada when I was 18 at this time and prior to, we both lived with our parents. I am 100% confident we can prove we did not live together before I became PR/Citizen.

In regards to what sfeire said "there can be problems with the sponsorship if you haven't declared a common-law or spouse previously" - how/when/where would/Should we have declared ourselves to be common-law partners? - I mean, we are both 23, just began living together in February this year, which is why we are submitting the application late february 2013. - Should we be worried if we didn't let the government know "we are living together as common-law as of x day of x month of x year"?? -

To be honest, this has just thrown me down another alley now, where it's not clear as to my understanding - any further advice is much appreciated.
I didn't mean to alarm you, I was just giving advice based on my experience. If you have never lived together before now and are not living together a year yet then you are fine! You can disregard what I've said. I just wanted to point it out because we were ready to go and it came out of no where, we had no idea and it really threw us!
If you were never common law before then there would be no need to declare it.
Good luck in getting your documents together and starting the process.

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Swedish citizen said:
I get a little nervous when I read this. I spend a lot of time in Canada right now, on a visitor visa. For us it wasn't an option for me to stay in Sweden until our sponsorship application gets approved in London, first step is approved. We both lived in Europe when he got a new job here in Canada and had to leave with short notice.

Maybe I'm naive, but I thought it's OK for me to stay with my boyfriend during the application time since I have a valid visitor visa? Or should I go back and wait in Sweden? We don't want to be that far away from each other for such a long time...
Sorry if it made you nervous but you shouldn't be. It's perfectly fine to stay on a visitors visa, I am doing the same!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
To clarify, our situation is regarding what happened BEFORE we started our application and when my husband landed as a PR (before we were married). We were all set to apply and had no idea that our situation was so complicated - we had never ever thought of ourselves as common law but there was a possibility they could have said we were and declined my sponsorship. Luckily and with a lot of facts to back us up they didn't and I am being sponsored as a spouse.
I was simply giving my advice based on my very stressful application process. I wish I would have known a lot of things before hand.
I did not mean to alarm anyone.
S. :-[

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
sfeire said:
Sorry if it made you nervous but you shouldn't be. It's perfectly fine to stay on a visitors visa, I am doing the same!

Thanks for your reply and no worries! It was probably me who read the earlier messages too quickly. I'm so nervous and sensitive to everything about the application so I know that I sometimes get too stressed about it...

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Swedish citizen said:
Thanks for your reply and no worries! It was probably me who read the earlier messages too quickly. I'm so nervous and sensitive to everything about the application so I know that I sometimes get too stressed about it...
I completely understand, I am the very same! We were applying as spouse but there was a possibility they could have said we were common law and my hubby never declared it, he always said "single". It's v.complicated! We are living together here in Canada and I'm on a visitors visa too! I am so so bored not working, it's all getting to me I think!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
msmith1789 said:
how/when/where would/Should we have declared ourselves to be common-law partners?
Based on the other things you wrote, this isn't applicable to you, since you never lived together or had a marriage-like relationship before you landed in Canada. Otherwise the time to declare it would have been when your parents applied for permanent residence and/or at the time you landed (depending on when you became a common-law couple).

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Sweden said:
Hopefully they can't be bothered ( not that I think it's right or anything...) to answer because they are finalising your PR, so they are thinking "they'll know soon enough"

Sweden
In my dreams :D

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, well I've been reading for about a year and a half but never posted. I have a question and some worries. We applied for common-law status at the end of August and got the application returned to us as I forgot some forms. I re-sent it on Sept 26th and since then we haven't heard anything at all, no confirmation of processing, no approval or denial or sponsorship. Nothing. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
sfeire said:
I completely understand, I am the very same! We were applying as spouse but there was a possibility they could have said we were common law and my hubby never declared it, he always said "single". It's v.complicated! We are living together here in Canada and I'm on a visitors visa too! I am so so bored not working, it's all getting to me I think!
We're in the same boat! Too much time to think and analyse! :S

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Lucanna said:
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, well I've been reading for about a year and a half but never posted. I have a question and some worries. We applied for common-law status at the end of August and got the application returned to us as I forgot some forms. I re-sent it on Sept 26th and since then we haven't heard anything at all, no confirmation of processing, no approval or denial or sponsorship. Nothing. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Hey Lucanna,

welcome to the forum. You should call CIC and find out what is happening to your file. CIC is working on applications received 2nd of November ( see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) so by now, you should have heard back about the sponsorship part. Maybe they sent an email that never arrived, or sent your a letter etc, but either way - you should know what is happening. Call them, tell them when your file was received, and ask them to look into the system to get some news.
Good luck,
Sweden

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
Hi thanks for your reply, that was what had me so worried as I saw they were working on November applications. While I was gone my boyfriend called them and found out it has been sent to the London office already we just didn't receive any correspondence at all.

So happy to find out that it's going well so far!

Thanks!