+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
R151NG5UN said:
Thanks guys, I don't know what I would have done without this forum and the help of everybody, I think the process might have beaten me. So coming on here to share stories and figure out how immigration works was much appreciated.

I hope all of you are done ASAP and I will pop in and try to keep up with all of you awesome guys who were their for me. Hopefully all of you will turn red and have a wonderful Xmas and New year with loved ones.

I went out for a meal with my family tonight and it was so hard to say goodbye, reminded me of the times I have left my wife after visiting her and the sadness that brings, only this time it was my siblings and parents. Saying goodbye seems to be the hardest thing to do.

Anyhow lets hope London speeds up and I can share in others joys. :D
Saying goodbye to everyone was the worst!!! Once the goodbyes were done I relaxed for a couple of days but then for the 30 seconds after the plane took off I had a mini freak-out!!
Have a safe flight xx

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

Just to let you all know my timeline.

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
1st Stage Approval July 9th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th
DM December 7th (according to ECAS). Actual certificate says it was issued Dec 04th
Expiry October 1st 2013 (They obviously extended my medical to almost 1 year)
Delivered in to my arms Dec 11th
Landing @ Calgary 12/12/12

Wish you guys all the best and oh my god the relief that it is finally all over. Hope everybody has theirs issued in time for Xmas. ;D
Thats fantastic news. good luck with the journey

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
scottishmaple said:
So I got a reply back today from CIC...

Good afternoon,

The medical results have been received and are under review.

Your application is currently awaiting a full review in London. We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Regards,
CDD

I am pleased that they have comfirmed that they have our medicals as I was worried about my daughters medical going mising. However I am a little dissapointed that they havent even started my application in London... oh well its looking like the full 9 months for us I think :(
Do they always send an email out saying medicals have been received? I just know I did my medicals back before I sent my application off, and nothing on ECAS or in my inbox says that they have been received.
After Stage 1 taking so long for us (122 days as we submitted our payment to the wrong place, so our application was mailed back to us and we had to correct the fees and send it back again...), I am just hoping that we hear by February that we will at least be 'In Progress'. I just hope that they don't loose my medical results, or can match them up correctly!

Ahh the joys of waiting...

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th
DM December 7th (according to ECAS). Actual certificate says it was issued Dec 04th

Wish you guys all the best and oh my god the relief that it is finally all over. Hope everybody has theirs issued in time for Xmas. ;D
Congratulations!!! It's great to see them coming through for people! It reminds us that there is an end to this and someday it will be our day :)

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th

Enjoy the relief! All the best to you in your new life in Canada!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th

Just in time!! so glad that you got the COPR today, I was coming to the thread to see updates from your side - and that's probably the fastest landing after reception of the COPR! :)
Enjoy the flight, it'll be all easy from there :) and welcome to Canada - it's pretty cold around here, be prepared! :) Especially Edmonton...

Cheers, and congrats,
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have a quick question.. On submitting our application I paid the initial fee ($550). Would I be right in saying you have to make another payment of about the same amount as a "right of permanent residence fee"? When do they ask for payment of this? Or does it apply? This is one area I'm unsure of...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sfeire said:
I have a quick question.. On submitting our application I paid the initial fee ($550). Would I be right in saying you have to make another payment of about the same amount as a "right of permanent residence fee"? When do they ask for payment of this? Or does it apply? This is one area I'm unsure of...
Right of PR Fee has to be paid before getting into Canada, it applies to everybody who gets their PR... the amount is 490$. It's best to send it in at the beginning of the application so it doesn't get delayed, but well - now it's a bit too late to tell you that! London will ask for it. So if you want to save time, pay it now (through CIC website), get the receipt, and send it to Mississauga +copy to London via the case-specific enquiry (you can attach a file, so scan the receipt and send it that way), with your file number etc so they can match it.
Good luck,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
antz21 said:
Do they always send an email out saying medicals have been received? I just know I did my medicals back before I sent my application off, and nothing on ECAS or in my inbox says that they have been received.
After Stage 1 taking so long for us (122 days as we submitted our payment to the wrong place, so our application was mailed back to us and we had to correct the fees and send it back again...), I am just hoping that we hear by February that we will at least be 'In Progress'. I just hope that they don't loose my medical results, or can match them up correctly!

Ahh the joys of waiting...
They don't send an email regarding medicals. My ecas hasnt even changed from Application Received. I sent a specific inquiry to London asking if they had received our medicals because I was worried my daughters medical form would go missing. Thats the only reason I got a reply back. If I didnt email them I would still be worried about our medicals. I am however confused about the whole In Process status because if my medicals are under full review doesnt this mean that my aplication is in Process?! Anyway, I think it is a long wait for us and this is really putting a strain on our marriage.

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th

Great news, well done! I am so happy for you. Just on time too!

nmford said:
Still nothing :(
Nmford, I feel your frustration, fingers crossed you here good news soon!

There has been no good news on mine yet. They lost my medical, now I've to pay for a new one when my current one expires in early Jan. So everything is on hold for a few months until they give me the go ahead to do a new medical; then they receive it, and then hopefully say I'm successful in my application! I'm hoping to make it to Canada with my COPR around early March. That's one full year since I sent off my application to Mississauga.
*Positive Thoughts!*

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
sarah2012 said:
Great news, well done! I am so happy for you. Just on time too!

Nmford, I feel your frustration, fingers crossed you here good news soon!

There has been no good news on mine yet. They lost my medical, now I've to pay for a new one when my current one expires in early Jan. So everything is on hold for a few months until they give me the go ahead to do a new medical; then they receive it, and then hopefully say I'm successful in my application! I'm hoping to make it to Canada with my COPR around early March. That's one full year since I sent off my application to Mississauga.
*Positive Thoughts!*
That's awful!! I can't believe they lost it...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
They don't send an email regarding medicals. My ecas hasnt even changed from Application Received. I sent a specific inquiry to London asking if they had received our medicals because I was worried my daughters medical form would go missing. Thats the only reason I got a reply back. If I didnt email them I would still be worried about our medicals. I am however confused about the whole In Process status because if my medicals are under full review doesnt this mean that my aplication is in Process?! Anyway, I think it is a long wait for us and this is really putting a strain on our marriage.
Hey Scottishmaple,

My application never went into "in process", even if I added some documents ( missing Police Checks that took longer to get etc), it went straight from Application received to decision made, so don't trust ecas too much - if it says in process it means your file is opened... but if it doesn't say "in process" your file could still be opened! so probably they have opened your file and matched your medicals (+ your daughter's), and now they wait until it becomes "your turn" - they're still working on beginning of august sponsors apparently so you'll probably hear something in January.
but for sure - it's hard and put a strain on any relationship.
Good luck,
Sweden

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Hey everyone, good to see some people getting COPRs, especially our fellow aprilcants..just to update for us, we arrived in Calgary from Gatwick on 28/11. Going through customs was amazingly easy. The officers were extremely friendly and helpful. They just asked us a few basic questions about where we were going, and what our ew address was,etc..I had even written out a huge b4a form with all of the goods in our suitcases and the customs agent didn't even bother to look at it! I showed it to him and he said, 'oh i don't really need to see that.' He only took a look at our B4 form very quickly, and then stamped it and we were off. Amazed at how quick the process was. We arrived in Stony Plain, AB that night to our new home. We've been busy getting all the essentials signed up--doctor, vet, dentist, etc..which has been a bit frustrating at times but all in all it's been great so far, we're enjoying the snow and the cold because at least it's not raining like in Glasgow!! Anyway hope that you all have a great Xmas, best of luck to all who are still waiting for their COPRs.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bryandd said:
Hey everyone, good to see some people getting COPRs, especially our fellow aprilcants..just to update for us, we arrived in Calgary from Gatwick on 28/11. Going through customs was amazingly easy. The officers were extremely friendly and helpful. They just asked us a few basic questions about where we were going, and what our ew address was,etc..I had even written out a huge b4a form with all of the goods in our suitcases and the customs agent didn't even bother to look at it! I showed it to him and he said, 'oh i don't really need to see that.' He only took a look at our B4 form very quickly, and then stamped it and we were off. Amazed at how quick the process was. We arrived in Stony Plain, AB that night to our new home. We've been busy getting all the essentials signed up--doctor, vet, dentist, etc..which has been a bit frustrating at times but all in all it's been great so far, we're enjoying the snow and the cold because at least it's not raining like in Glasgow!! Anyway hope that you all have a great Xmas, best of luck to all who are still waiting for their COPRs.
thanks for the update and welcome to Canada! it seems that you're settling in nicely, just in time before Christmas...
Similar process here - landed on the 24/11, and moving in a new apartment (out of vacation rental) tomorrow!
No snow and not too cold here on the West Coast, which I'm thankful for! :) temperatures around 6/7 C, and sunny quite a few days :)
Good luck for your new life in Canada!
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
Right of PR Fee has to be paid before getting into Canada, it applies to everybody who gets their PR... the amount is 490$. It's best to send it in at the beginning of the application so it doesn't get delayed, but well - now it's a bit too late to tell you that! London will ask for it. So if you want to save time, pay it now (through CIC website), get the receipt, and send it to Mississauga +copy to London via the case-specific enquiry (you can attach a file, so scan the receipt and send it that way), with your file number etc so they can match it.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks for that Sweden, so helpful as always.
Ok so I paid the fee today and sent off receipt to both Miss. & London. Lets hope they just add it and now there will be no delays!
I thought you had to wait to pay until you were approved or I would have done it sooner! I checked with our lawyer and she gave me the go ahead too.
Fingers crossed that's it and I just have to wait for my app to be opened up :)