+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

FuzzyFace

Nov 5, 2012
Eabie said:
We mailed our application to Mississauga on November 6th, and I know from the Royal Mail website that they delivered it on November 14th. Our medicals were done a fair bit earlier on August 21st (I didn't think it would take me as long as it did to prepare the rest of the application, but yeah - let's hope for the best with that!).

It makes me antsy not hearing anything from CIC, even an acknowledgement that they received it, for several months, but I assume it's all arrived okay. I'm hopeful and happy that it's been sent. :)
Hi Eabie,

We had the same thing with our application, we tracked the parcel via Royal Mail to Mississauga and it arrived 23rd May and then we heard nothing until they finally opened it in mid-July. It's a bit unnerving not knowing where the parcel is but it sounds like you've done all you can to ensure it gets there.

Best of luck!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Eabie said:
We mailed our application to Mississauga on November 6th, and I know from the Royal Mail website that they delivered it on November 14th. Our medicals were done a fair bit earlier on August 21st (I didn't think it would take me as long as it did to prepare the rest of the application, but yeah - let's hope for the best with that!).

It makes me antsy not hearing anything from CIC, even an acknowledgement that they received it, for several months, but I assume it's all arrived okay. I'm hopeful and happy that it's been sent. :)
Eabie - did you use Canada Post's website to check that it had got to Mississauga? When I check my Airsure tracking number on Royal Mail it just says it's been handed over the postal service in Canada..

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
rpurdie said:
Eabie - did you use Canada Post's website to check that it had got to Mississauga? When I check my Airsure tracking number on Royal Mail it just says it's been handed over the postal service in Canada..
If you enter that tracking number into Canada Post's website you should get more detail of the status of the package within Canada.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hey all,

Ok so the visa office asked for more documents this week. I don't understand why they are asking for stuff in pieces.
Anyway, they are asking for 'Evidence of contact/communication with your sponsor'

1) My question is regarding our chat logs. My husband and I mostly communicate in English, but there are times where we have talked in a different language other than English or French so should we translate it for them? Also can we just copy paste the conversations on to a word document and print it? or is there another way the visa office would prefer?
2) I have the boarding passes from our trips together from the summer. Should we send the original boarding passes or copies? I just don't want them to misplace our original stuff and then we will be left with nothing.

Please do share your thoughts, thank you :)

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
rpurdie said:
When I enter in the tracking code on Royal Mail, it says "Your item, posted on 06/11/12 with reference [our tracking code] was delivered in CANADA on 14/11/12. Thank you for using this service." The Canada Post website gives a little more detail, showing that it was delivered to Mississauga and was signed. There's also an image I can view of the electronic signature too.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
chopsticks said:
Hey all,

Ok so the visa office asked for more documents this week. I don't understand why they are asking for stuff in pieces.
Anyway, they are asking for 'Evidence of contact/communication with your sponsor'

1) My question is regarding our chat logs. My husband and I mostly communicate in English, but there are times where we have talked in a different language other than English or French so should we translate it for them? Also can we just copy paste the conversations on to a word document and print it? or is there another way the visa office would prefer?
2) I have the boarding passes from our trips together from the summer. Should we send the original boarding passes or copies? I just don't want them to misplace our original stuff and then we will be left with nothing.

Please do share your thoughts, thank you :)
Hey Chopsticks,

For chat logs: you can copy and paste on a word document. Anything that is not in english and french, you have to translate it. But since it's not on an official document, you can do it yourself. I would advise to use a different font (or italics, etc), and next to the original text, add the translation and state who translated it , and sign next to it once printed. However, you should focus on the communication that is in english or french already - and also focus on the part of the chat logs that reflect the fact that you are in daily contact ( or regular contact) and where you discuss "important" things to your relationship (of course some daily talks is good too, so the VO can see that you are a regular couple!).
About the boarding passes : up to you. You could also keep a copy/scan of it and send the originals, or if they have some "value" to you, send a copy I think is fine... for our application we sent the printed versions of our planes tickets, we didn't keep the boarding passes, and it seems to be no problem.

Good luck - good to see that somebody is working on your file and I hope you hear back from them very soon!
Sweden

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
Hey Chopsticks,

For chat logs: you can copy and paste on a word document. Anything that is not in english and french, you have to translate it. But since it's not on an official document, you can do it yourself. I would advise to use a different font (or italics, etc), and next to the original text, add the translation and state who translated it , and sign next to it once printed. However, you should focus on the communication that is in english or french already - and also focus on the part of the chat logs that reflect the fact that you are in daily contact ( or regular contact) and where you discuss "important" things to your relationship (of course some daily talks is good too, so the VO can see that you are a regular couple!).
About the boarding passes : up to you. You could also keep a copy/scan of it and send the originals, or if they have some "value" to you, send a copy I think is fine... for our application we sent the printed versions of our planes tickets, we didn't keep the boarding passes, and it seems to be no problem.

Good luck - good to see that somebody is working on your file and I hope you hear back from them very soon!
Sweden
Hi Sweden,

Thank you for responding to my post.
Ok so I will start going through our chat logs and putting it all together.
For the boarding passes I only saved them for immigration purposes. So I don't mind giving them the originals, I did send the plane tickets with my application. I was thinking maybe sending the boarding passes this time.

Yes I am glad our application is making some progress, hope we get done very soon!
Good luck to you too! :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Trying very hard not to get stressed out but when looking at the spreadsheet, this 2nd stage is becoming a joke. I have just hit 19 weeks since 1st stage approval and apart from a very small reply to an E-mail I sent 1 month ago saying my application was under review, I have not heard anything. There are very very few cases who have had to wait 20 weeks and next week that is exactly where I will be.

I just don't understand if they require more documents, why not ask? OR if everything is ok with the application how comes it is approaching 20 weeks and no COPR. Thankfully London does state at 6 months you can send a full CSE but that is about 5 or 6 weeks away for me. :mad:

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hey Chopstick do you have a copy of your phone bill. You can print it and highlight your calls to each other

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
R151NG5UN said:
Trying very hard not to get stressed out but when looking at the spreadsheet, this 2nd stage is becoming a joke. I have just hit 19 weeks since 1st stage approval and apart from a very small reply to an E-mail I sent 1 month ago saying my application was under review, I have not heard anything. There are very very few cases who have had to wait 20 weeks and next week that is exactly where I will be.

I just don't understand if they require more documents, why not ask? OR if everything is ok with the application how comes it is approaching 20 weeks and no COPR. Thankfully London does state at 6 months you can send a full CSE but that is about 5 or 6 weeks away for me. :mad:
Hey R151NG5UN,

I would be seriously stressing too. Have you e-mailed them any other times apart from that once? I really would e-mail again as that seems so unusual. Just be honest and say you want peace of mind that it hasn't been lost/missed e-mail etc. Someone was like you, waiting after being in process for ages to find out that they had got his e-mail address wrong when contacting him for documents. He said after 60 days they close your file if they haven't heard back from you. I'd say you're well within your right to get some peace of mind!

I feel awful for you, hope you hear something soon!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Laurenhannah said:
Hey R151NG5UN,

I would be seriously stressing too. Have you e-mailed them any other times apart from that once? I really would e-mail again as that seems so unusual. Just be honest and say you want peace of mind that it hasn't been lost/missed e-mail etc. Someone was like you, waiting after being in process for ages to find out that they had got his e-mail address wrong when contacting him for documents. He said after 60 days they close your file if they haven't heard back from you. I'd say you're well within your right to get some peace of mind!

I feel awful for you, hope you hear something soon!
Thanks Lauren,

I guess I did benefit quite a bit from a speedy 1st stage approval but as the saying goes "swings and roundabouts" and I have definitely seem to have been hit by a shocking second stage wait. Especially when I see on the spreadsheet an application that was received in London almost 2 months after mine and was a common law application and was processed so far 2 weeks before mine and I am still waiting.

I have E-mailed them with a CSE and they did reply on October 24th to say my application was under review, so I presume that means they definitely do have my application and they did reply via E-mail to myself so I just don't understand. My medicals expired at the end of October so all I can think that is holding up the application is they have requested an extension and it takes a couple of weeks or so but other than that they haven't asked for any further proofs or tells us anything is incorrect, so I assume after 6 months of having the paperwork it should all be correct.

Bless you also Lauren and hope that yours is processed super quickly and they finish of all these April/ May applications and those above me on the spreadsheet who also appear to be stuck as well. They must be really be fuming!!! ;)

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
R151NG5UN said:

What's a full CSE? We got first stage approval 24.5 weeks ago :(

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
nmford said:
What's a full CSE? We got first stage approval 24.5 weeks ago :(
Hey Nmford, like I said 24.5 weeks is ridiculous. A full CSE is still a CSE but London VO is bound by the terms set out to them to try to reunite a family within 6 months (Check the London website not the CIC website) on that website once 6 months has elapsed then you are within your rights to seek answers and see what is going on. I am tired of their "we will be in touch soon". There just seems to be no consistency. How can they process someone in 42 days and yet another person is still waiting over 150 days!!!! Something is systematically wrong there.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
I think my COPR was arriving today but my faithful mailman once again decided to not bother attempting delivery to the house and just put a delivery notice in the mailbox. Will be picking it up tomorrow! Excited!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Deficient said:
I think my COPR was arriving today but my faithful mailman once again decided to not bother attempting delivery to the house and just put a delivery notice in the mailbox. Will be picking it up tomorrow! Excited!
Exciting indeed - I'm also waiting for mine, and I hope that it will come today - but I'm at another place so I have to wait until my in-laws send it to me... which maybe is better so I don't stalk the postman every day! ( can't really stalk my in-laws either...). So a little more waiting for me, but since you got yours today, mine should be around the corner!
Are you landing right away ?
Sweden