+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
R151NG5UN said:
Yeah this goes to London but might be worth you bookmarking the link and giving it maybe a week then trying. Here is the link I found, not sure if you can send a CSE to Mississagua.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london
Thank you!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Johare12,

my boyfriend and i are the exact same at times. The crazy thing is (and i'm sure many people will be shocked!) we don't actually want to permanently stay in Canada. My boyfriend has been here for almost 3 years and i've been here for over 5 years, and we both just love and miss England so much. The main reason we won't head back yet is obviously because of the economy, whats the point right? I could go on forever comparing the two, but at the end of the day... our hearts are in England. We will stay here long enough until my boyfriend can get his citizenship (ill get mine then too) because i'd never want to leave without it, especially seeing as my parents are here. We're just trying to be sensible and stay here for the time being. My boyfriend has been out of work for 1 1/2 years here now (two failed LMO's and now this!) so i often wonder what the heck we're doing this all for! Still, its over soon.. and once you settle down i'm sure you will be just fine. It is very scary as it's all so permanent (duhh!), but if things don't work there's nothing to stop you going home :)

Canada can offer a great life, and if you come with a positive attitude i'm sure it will all work out!

I really hope you get your PR soon, you got sponsorship approval after us so i'm hoping we are ASAP!

Good luck!
Yeah I guess that was our main push factor to do it, as Scotland is pretty pathetic right now with jobs I have only just graduated and believe even if I had stayed in Scotland I would still be waiting around trying to get a job, and my boyfriend couldn't get work either, and his dad offered him a job out in Canada so we couldn't refuse! (plus we did fall in love with Canada when we came together whilst I was on a student visa at uni here) so we did know we loved the lifestyle over here. It is just hard to have to start from the beginning again, and without having a definite decision made everything feels very up in the air. We don't feel like we can commit to anything right now like apartments or a car or anything so feeling a bit in limbo!

We will go home to Scotland at christmas for a month and hopefully the whole PR will be over and we can come back in January and really give things a good start. Whenever my boyfriends not working out of town I feel like its the right decision and I'm happy but I guess not knowing many people, when he is away its just a bit lonely!

Good Luck to you too! I will watch for you getting yours then I will know I should be soon :)

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
johare12 said:
Yeah I guess that was our main push factor to do it, as Scotland is pretty pathetic right now with jobs I have only just graduated and believe even if I had stayed in Scotland I would still be waiting around trying to get a job, and my boyfriend couldn't get work either, and his dad offered him a job out in Canada so we couldn't refuse! (plus we did fall in love with Canada when we came together whilst I was on a student visa at uni here) so we did know we loved the lifestyle over here. It is just hard to have to start from the beginning again, and without having a definite decision made everything feels very up in the air. We don't feel like we can commit to anything right now like apartments or a car or anything so feeling a bit in limbo!

We will go home to Scotland at christmas for a month and hopefully the whole PR will be over and we can come back in January and really give things a good start. Whenever my boyfriends not working out of town I feel like its the right decision and I'm happy but I guess not knowing many people, when he is away its just a bit lonely!

Good Luck to you too! I will watch for you getting yours then I will know I should be soon :)
Your situation sounds very similar to ours as well :) As soon as my boyfriend gets his PR we will head back to England for a few weeks then come back and 'land'. Where abouts are you living?

Am i right in reading somewhere that you said your application is in process at the moment? or am i totally wrong? lol

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Laurenhannah said:
Your situation sounds very similar to ours as well :) As soon as my boyfriend gets his PR we will head back to England for a few weeks then come back and 'land'. Where abouts are you living?

Am i right in reading somewhere that you said your application is in process at the moment? or am i totally wrong? lol
how funny :) we aren't too sure what to do if it comes before we leave to go home, whether to flag pole at Niagara Falls before we leave and give extra time for my PR card to come in or to wait until we are returning in January and "land" then. hopefully we will be lucky enough to be able to make that decision haha!

Well our ECAS hasn't changed at all, but I emailed London last week and they said that our file was currently under review with an immigration officer. So we aren't officially in process but if the email is correct then we technically are.

We are staying in Newmarket ON, just near Toronto :) What about you?

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
johare12 said:
how funny :) we aren't too sure what to do if it comes before we leave to go home, whether to flag pole at Niagara Falls before we leave and give extra time for my PR card to come in or to wait until we are returning in January and "land" then. hopefully we will be lucky enough to be able to make that decision haha!

Well our ECAS hasn't changed at all, but I emailed London last week and they said that our file was currently under review with an immigration officer. So we aren't officially in process but if the email is correct then we technically are.

We are staying in Newmarket ON, just near Toronto :) What about you?
Oh right, i remember now! Thats good news though! my e-mail yesterday said that it is currently waiting for review.. i bet yours will just turn up in the post soon! I can't even imagine the day it finally arrives!

We are right in Toronto, if you're ever down this way with your boyfriend, we could always meet up for a drink! My boyfriend is from Carlisle, so he always gets taken the piss out of from my fam cause he's almost Scottish ;) I'm looking forward to a little day trip to Scotland when we're back, furthest i got last time was Gretna Green! lol. Just private message me anytime on here if you want and we can exchange contact details :)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Laurenhannah said:
Oh right, i remember now! Thats good news though! my e-mail yesterday said that it is currently waiting for review.. i bet yours will just turn up in the post soon! I can't even imagine the day it finally arrives!

We are right in Toronto, if you're ever down this way with your boyfriend, we could always meet up for a drink! My boyfriend is from Carlisle, so he always gets taken the piss out of from my fam cause he's almost Scottish ;) I'm looking forward to a little day trip to Scotland when we're back, furthest i got last time was Gretna Green! lol. Just private message me anytime on here if you want and we can exchange contact details :)
I hope that is what will happen, and my parents can just forward it on to me, although I'm kind of sad I won't get to open it myself haha

It's funny how all the emails are saying different things, can't help but wonder I thought they would all just be a standard reply, actually I was more surprised that they even got back to me!

Sure :) We aren't far from Toronto at all, I'd love to live downtown but its pretty pricey, so we will see what kind of job (and where!) I get, although I will mainly be looking in Toronto as my degree is Event Management so really need to go for the bigger cities for the better opportunities :)

Scotland really is beautiful, I'm only really appreciating it now I'm leaving it, we are planning on exploring the highlands a bit over christmas.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Canooknic said:
I think the same thingy about my boys out drinking and they are only 4!! Here's to many more years of worry xxx

I did love England, and have many happy memories, but this is definitely where we were supposed to be. My lovely fella has settled in so quickly, I thought he'd miss his friends & family but he has totally Canadianized already.....no regrets! Although I could murder a good cod & chips now and again!!!!
Ah..... fish and chips, I miss it! and where can I find the tasty mashed peas, gravy sauce and those yummy pies and pastries?!!!! I miss Greggs! The alternative is meaty ribs, huge size pizza and freshly fresh vegs and fruits. :)

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
johare12 said:
Great to hear how well settled you are :)

Did/has anyone got any doubts or regrets about going through this whole process?

We are getting near the end now hoping to be settling properly in Canada after christmas :) And I guess now it is getting near the end my mind is going crazy. I've been over here a few months without being able to work and my partner has to work out of town so it has been very lonely at times, so hoping we have made the right decision to move here and won't be missing our friends and family too much! (my boyfriend has also left most of his family behind as he grew up in Scotland and is just really getting to know his dads side of the family over here in Canada!)

Hoping once I have my PR and can get a job all these scary feelings will seem so insignificant as we will be well settled, but it is definitely a scary process.
i am a second time canadian immigrant and I would confirm to you that you made a right decision. Life is much more fun here in Canada, especially for kids. And as for job market, maybe you will come across difficulties find job at the beginning, but after 6 months or a year, as long as you actively seek for job opportunities, you should be doing fine. i believe you are English-speaking background, so language and previous experience will both add points to your job hunting. I am from a non-English-speaking country, most of my friends from the same country settle down very well after a couple of years.

Be positive and keep confidence!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
liuminparis said:
Ah..... fish and chips, I miss it! and where can I find the tasty mashed peas, gravy sauce and those yummy pies and pastries?!!!! I miss Greggs! The alternative is meaty ribs, huge size pizza and freshly fresh vegs and fruits. :)
Lol Liumin,

You can't beat a Greggs, a sausage roll or Cornish pasty between breakfast and lunch. British food is 1 thing I will truly miss, especially things that are not the same in any other country like Greggs, fish n Chips, A full fried breakfast with chips, All the Canadians thinking chips are crisps, that is 1 of the hardest things I will find, calling chips, fries and crisps, potato chips lol. Worst thing of all is nowhere I have seen stocks PG tips. You can't beat a good cup of PG!!!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
liuminparis said:
i am a second time canadian immigrant and I would confirm to you that you made a right decision. Life is much more fun here in Canada, especially for kids. And as for job market, maybe you will come across difficulties find job at the beginning, but after 6 months or a year, as long as you actively seek for job opportunities, you should be doing fine. i believe you are English-speaking background, so language and previous experience will both add points to your job hunting. I am from a non-English-speaking country, most of my friends from the same country settle down very well after a couple of years.

Be positive and keep confidence!
Thank you :)
I was having one of those days, I just can't wait to be out of limbo and really start living as a Canadian

Ps. There is a Nandos (Brits should know it :) ) in Richmond hill ON and apparently they have mushy peas! For anyone who misses them

And I was just saying the other day how much I miss greggs and would love one of their Halloween cakes and a steak bake! It's so funny the things we miss!!

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
johare12 said:
Thank you :)
I was having one of those days, I just can't wait to be out of limbo and really start living as a Canadian

Ps. There is a Nandos (Brits should know it :) ) in Richmond hill ON and apparently they have mushy peas! For anyone who misses them

And I was just saying the other day how much I miss greggs and would love one of their Halloween cakes and a steak bake! It's so funny the things we miss!!
Hey,

Oooh Greggs, I could really go for a trip there now. I lived right accross from one when I lived in Leeds a few years ago, it was dangerous!

For mushy pees there is a "English" Fish & Chip place in the Leaside area of Toronto which serves decent mushy peas, not amazing but ok. It is called the Olde Yorke. There is also a Nandos pretty close by, can't remember seeing mushy pees on the menu though.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Oh boy I could so go for a Greggs right now... chicken new orleans on white bread. mmm.

Good news about my application - Two days ago I sent off a case-specific enquiry to confirm that CIC had received my second batch of medical furtherance information, and to check if it had been reviewed yet. I had the following response:

The information was received and your medical assessment has been completed. We will soon proceed towards finalising your application and issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form.

That sounds pretty definitive. I'm so happy!

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Deficient said:
Oh boy I could so go for a Greggs right now... chicken new orleans on white bread. mmm.

Good news about my application - Two days ago I sent off a case-specific enquiry to confirm that CIC had received my second batch of medical furtherance information, and to check if it had been reviewed yet. I had the following response:

The information was received and your medical assessment has been completed. We will soon proceed towards finalising your application and issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form.

Congrats Deficient, that's great news.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Deficient said:

great news indeed! glad for you it's coming to an end...

but now it makes me wonder why they are not answering my Case-specific enquiry ( to see if they have received the last documents for Police Check), I sent it a few days ago, and I haven't heard anything back, I really hope they have not lost my file.... everybody seems to get an answer when sending a CSE....
I also know that I had scanned my whole application before sending it off, and can't find that one either... just really hope it didn't get lost somewhere!!

But - enjoy the good feeling, and I hope the COPR shows up at your door in no time!
Cheers,
Sweden

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Sweden said:
great news indeed! glad for you it's coming to an end...

but now it makes me wonder why they are not answering my Case-specific enquiry ( to see if they have received the last documents for Police Check), I sent it a few days ago, and I haven't heard anything back, I really hope they have not lost my file.... everybody seems to get an answer when sending a CSE....
I also know that I had scanned my whole application before sending it off, and can't find that one either... just really hope it didn't get lost somewhere!!

But - enjoy the good feeling, and I hope the COPR shows up at your door in no time!
Cheers,
Sweden
Thanks, I hope so too!

Regarding your concerns, I have sent six case-specific enquiries to London and this has been my outcome:

Correction to my address (they had it wrong) sent on 2 April - reply on 3 April
Question regarding medical furtherance deadline sent on 3 April - no reply
Question regarding medical furtherance deadline (different question) sent on 29 June - no reply
Quebec Selection Certificate sent on 21 July - no reply
Update to my address sent on 25 September - reply on 5 October
Question checking on progress of medical stuff sent on 30 October - reply on 1 November

So I'm at 50% success rate of even getting a response out of them! And the timing of the three responses has varied 1-10 days.