+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
R151NG5UN said:
Use the CSE on the CIC website, stating sponsor name, D.O.B , UCI number and applicant name, D.O.B, UCI no and your E-mail. I would ask for a case status update, try not to be too forceful. They responded to me after 7 days for 1 E-mail and 5 days for another E-mail. You are the only 1 on the spreadsheet before July applicants who has not been given an explanation.

Good luck :D
I've sent them an email...hope it works!!! Thanks for the advice!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Herjeet said:
I've sent them an email...hope it works!!! Thanks for the advice!!
Hey Herjeet,

I hope you hear soon - I have also sent them a CSE yesterday so hopefully you'll get an explanation - or a COPR soon, and me as well - i'm getting quite impatient, being in Canada now without being about to do anything for myself... oh well...

Good luck - i'll be checking here for news! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I have spent the last month trying to get access to Ecas using my own details and using the United Kingdom as my country of birth....well after asking Ecas Tracker to do it for me as I was getting sick of logging in 3 times a day for nothing.....turns out my country of birth is Scotland!!!!! You would think that would be obvious, however after 32 years of life, on any official forms Scotland is never recognised including passports. I feel like a numpty (as they would say in scottish). So incase anyone else is like me and assuming it is under the United Kingdom, please try Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales.
:))) thanks for making me laugh in a somehow rather dull day! :) well - and what is your ecas saying then? medicals received and anything else? hope you hear soon...
Good luck,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
:))) thanks for making me laugh in a somehow rather dull day! :) well - and what is your ecas saying then? medicals received and anything else? hope you hear soon...
Good luck,
Sweden
I'm glad I brightened up your day :D Still saying Application Received....lol oh well

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
I'm glad I brightened up your day :D Still saying Application Received....lol oh well
you probably have another 2 months to go though, judging from when they have received your file, as they are working on July applicants ( at least I really hope they do!!) for now... but at least now you can go into ecas and start obsessing about it! :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
you probably have another 2 months to go though, judging from when they have received your file, as they are working on July applicants ( at least I really hope they do!!) for now... but at least now you can go into ecas and start obsessing about it! :)
I agree about the two months, I am also obsessing over the spreadsheets and I calculated the average for Sept sponsors as about 61 days for both 2010 and 2011 so if 2012 goes a similar way I should hear around the 15th December, which kind of settles my mind a bit because I least I know a rough timeline, although its not definite. *fingers crossed*

What about you? Still no movement on the application front?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Really hope this week is a positive week and that London issues a few more COPR's to July applicants. After 16 weeks of waiting now I think I might just cry if I don't see any news this week.

Good luck all :D

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
temmyt said:
Hello liuminparis. How long after you rec'd a similar email did you get your approval? thanks
Hi temmyt, I waited over 4 months in stage 2. I enquired in September 10th and got result on October 25th.

Hope this helps

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
scottishmaple said:
Liuminparis I didnt see your post about your PR approval, but just saw the spreadsheet. I am so pleased for you. Congratulations and I hope life in Canada is everything you hope it will be.
Hi Scottishmaple, thanks for your greetings. It was a hard choice between Canada and U.K. however you can only live in place. So for the benefit of family, especially for my children, I chose Canada.

Wish you good luck too :)

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey Herjeet,

I hope you hear soon - I have also sent them a CSE yesterday so hopefully you'll get an explanation - or a COPR soon, and me as well - i'm getting quite impatient, being in Canada now without being about to do anything for myself... oh well...

Good luck - i'll be checking here for news! :)
Sweden
Hi Sweden,

I have been in your situation for a year (from Sept 2010 to Oct 2012), feeling very stuck - not able to work, cannot make arrangement buying house, even furnitures etc. But I finally cooled down and started to enjoy everyday life. Hope you enjoy your life here as well. After all, CIC will give you a decision and it should be soon!

regards

Michelle

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
liuminparis said:
Hi Scottishmaple, thanks for your greetings. It was a hard choice between Canada and U.K. however you can only live in place. So for the benefit of family, especially for my children, I chose Canada.

Wish you good luck too :)
You're making the right choice! We left the UK 18 months ago and can't believe how different our lives are co pared to our friends in the UK. Not just material stuff (althought that side of things is awesome!! ;D) but the family lifestyle over here is just amazing. There is a statutory holiday almost every month, and my fiancée's company close early on the Friday before so if people are travelling for the long weekend they can get away early!
The opportunities in our town for my boys is great, they are desperate to get out skating again now the weather is turning, and all the outdoor skating is free! There are so many events for families - especially in the lead up to Christmas/New Year and most of those are free too. 'Family time' is definitely encouraged here and I'm loving it!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Hi Guys,

this may be a silly question, but i'm trying to submit an online e-mail to London VO and it won't let me submit it as i keeps saying 'choose a file to upload'. Well, i don't have one, i wrote my question in the enquiry section. Can anyone advise what to do here, or am i in the wrong place? Prehaps someone can tell me how they contacted them!

Feeling positive this week! - loads of PR's are going to be issued, i just know it! lol

Thanks guys,

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
I agree about the two months, I am also obsessing over the spreadsheets and I calculated the average for Sept sponsors as about 61 days for both 2010 and 2011 so if 2012 goes a similar way I should hear around the 15th December, which kind of settles my mind a bit because I least I know a rough timeline, although its not definite. *fingers crossed*

What about you? Still no movement on the application front?
nothing for today, but I'm thinking that the day is not over yet! :) also because although it's London who takes the decision, apparently they don't update ecas, it's done somewhere in Canada, which would explain some odd hours sometimes....

Your first stage was rather quick, hopefully the second one will be the same!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
liuminparis said:
Hi Sweden,

I have been in your situation for a year (from Sept 2010 to Oct 2012), feeling very stuck - not able to work, cannot make arrangement buying house, even furnitures etc. But I finally cooled down and started to enjoy everyday life. Hope you enjoy your life here as well. After all, CIC will give you a decision and it should be soon!

regards

Michelle
thanks! indeed I'm trying to see the positive side of things, thinking of myself on holidays here etc, and enjoying it, but of course some days are harder than others... now it seems that our moving boxes are arriving this week so i hope it won't be any glitch with that, and if the COPR wants to arrive at the same time, that's completely OK with me! :)

Good luck on your new life in Canada!
Sweden