+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
antz21 said:
Hubby got approved to sponsor me today!! WOOHOOOOO, at last!! It only took about a month longer than expected after having to re submit our application with a new payment. Unfortunately still trying to find out where the original payment ended up... But that's a worry for another day!

Now just the wait for London to (fingers crossed) approve my application! Will probably be on here a lot more now checking out what's happening and how quickly the London office is working!
Congratulations!! Fingers crossed for the next stage to go quickly for you xx

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
GalloQuebecois said:
Temporary Social Insurance number:

the people who are hoping to employ me in Canada want me to start ASAP.

I've told them I can't as I'm waiting for my Permanent Resident visa.

They have told me that as my sponsor has been approved and my application is in progress that I can apply for a Temporary Social Insurance number.

I don't think that this is correct.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

Many thanks!
I agree with you. Normally you should be allowed to work in Canada first, i.e. as a PR or under work permit. What kind of visa are you under at the moment?

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
seamyb said:
Hey,

I did the same think last week and got this back a few days later, I was surprised I got anything.

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time. Your application has been received in London. Please find you file number above.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
I think this is a email template they use to answer most of the inquiries as I got the same reply when I inquired. This only means they received your application for sure but may not be in process yet. If you see your ECAS status changes to In Process it means they are processing it.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Finally congrats Liuminparis!!! So happy for you and great to see another London app turn red.

Looking at our spreadsheet and E-mails received from London this week it is pretty certain that the files are reviewed in the order they arrived at London VO, I was wondering in what order they processed.

A very very good week at London indeed. Lets hope they don't have their 3 week sabbatical in November and spring in to action in the last week. It always seems very busy in the last week-10 days of the month and the early parts of the month seems so quiet. :p
Thanks R151NG5UN! And it seems London VO is acting after their head officer's visit. Hope you get your result soon!

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
mattyr83 said:
Hello everyone,

This has been a great week, on Wed we saw our ECAS home address change. Thursday ECAS went in process and this morning London replied to an email I sent a week ago asking if they received the additional documents I had sent earlier in the month, and London replied saying that we are approved and the COPR was issued on Oct 23 and was mailed to us in Canada the same day, so we should have it early next week in hand!!! But we are approved and it's finally over!

Good luck to everyone else and enjoy your lives in Canada once this process is finally over for you as well.
I think the CIC head officer's visit to London changed those guys in London's working style -- they now only have one coffee a day instead of 10.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
scottishmaple said:
If they were more customer focused (which they should be since we are paying for a service which is certainly not cheap) and updating the clients on a regular basis via Ecas or even allowing us to call the canada call centre (particularly in this day and age) then they probably wouldn't have to deal with less important enquiries like.... is my application actually there.

Im not a very patient person...thought I was until I submitted this application
well, after you get your result, you will find that you are already a very patient person. ;D

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
liuminparis said:
I think this is a email template they use to answer most of the inquiries as I got the same reply when I inquired. This only means they received your application for sure but may not be in process yet. If you see your ECAS status changes to In Process it means they are processing it.
Hello liuminparis. How long after you rec'd a similar email did you get your approval? thanks

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
I think i'm giving up. I can't understand why they are taking so long for my case and its so simple.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Liuminparis I didnt see your post about your PR approval, but just saw the spreadsheet. I am so pleased for you. Congratulations and I hope life in Canada is everything you hope it will be.

sunnyshade

Oct 25, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey sunnyshade,

welcome to the forum! if all goes well, you could already have your COPR after 9 months of applying. If you're from a visa-exempt country, you won't be asked to submit the passport but only the photocopy of the first page, so you can travel...
If you're not visa exempt, it seems that it takes longer to process (presumably because of longer background checks) and it seems that London requests the passport at the very end, when they are ready to issue your visa. But nobody can tell you when that will be because it really depends on your own case...
For now, you are looking at 2 months for stage 1, after that if your file makes it to london and you have a straightforward case, and are visa-exempt it's reasonable to assume that you will be done 7 months later (if I follow what you said). But be aware that the stage 1 can take longer (happened at the beginning of the year ) and CIC is unpredictable.

I suppose if you are not able to submit your passport when asked for it, then as long as you let London know about it and tell them when you can submit your passport, you should be OK.

GOod luck with your application,
Sweden

Thank you so much! very helpful in planning everything=)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Herjeet said:
I think i'm giving up. I can't understand why they are taking so long for my case and its so simple.
Still no news!!! :eek: Its really time to contact them...we were done in 1 day from them getting around to opening the file, and you have more kids than us, and married longer too, it think...You should be easy... and finished! Deffinatley time to send them an emal.

Good luck!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I have spent the last month trying to get access to Ecas using my own details and using the United Kingdom as my country of birth....well after asking Ecas Tracker to do it for me as I was getting sick of logging in 3 times a day for nothing.....turns out my country of birth is Scotland!!!!! You would think that would be obvious, however after 32 years of life, on any official forms Scotland is never recognised including passports. I feel like a numpty (as they would say in scottish). So incase anyone else is like me and assuming it is under the United Kingdom, please try Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales.

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
bryandd said:
Still no news!!! :eek: Its really time to contact them...we were done in 1 day from them getting around to opening the file, and you have more kids than us, and married longer too, it think...You should be easy... and finished! Deffinatley time to send them an emal.

Good luck!
I think I will do that! Any recommendation on how to start the email or should I be straight to the point and ask what the hell is going on!!??

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Herjeet said:
I think I will do that! Any recommendation on how to start the email or should I be straight to the point and ask what the hell is going on!!??
Use the CSE on the CIC website, stating sponsor name, D.O.B , UCI number and applicant name, D.O.B, UCI no and your E-mail. I would ask for a case status update, try not to be too forceful. They responded to me after 7 days for 1 E-mail and 5 days for another E-mail. You are the only 1 on the spreadsheet before July applicants who has not been given an explanation.

Good luck :D