+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
Has anyone sent additional information without being prompted? I'm thinking about sending our new Canadian joint bank accounts and lease agreement (only a 3 month contract) and maybe a few new pictures. I'm not sure if they will ask for more or not but as we are applying common law I just can't help but worry. Do you think I should send it just incase or just wait and see if they even want it?

A second question if anyone can answer it, I was under the impression that you could drive for 6 months with a uk license but I read online that it is 60 days! Is this true? We don't want to "forfeit" our UK licenses until everything has been approved. Anyone familiar with this process?

I know in New Brunswick it is 6 months and if you are going to be there more than six months then you need a New Bruswick License. Which province says its only 60 days? That might be their own requirements as each province might be different

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
I know in New Brunswick it is 6 months and if you are going to be there more than six months then you need a New Bruswick License. Which province says its only 60 days? That might be their own requirements as each province might be different
Ontario, I was always under the impression it was 6 months for some reason but I read somewhere its just 60 days, it is here under new residents...

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/visiting.shtml

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
Ontario, I was always under the impression it was 6 months for some reason but I read somewhere its just 60 days, it is here under new residents...

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/visiting.shtml
Are you in Ontario just now as a visitor?

If you are from another country and visiting Ontario for more than three months, you need an International Driver's Permit

You can apply for this from the AA in the UK, it is valid for a year. From what I can tell you will only be required to change your license once you are a permanent resident

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
Are you in Ontario just now as a visitor?

If you are from another country and visiting Ontario for more than three months, you need an International Driver's Permit

You can apply for this from the AA in the UK, it is valid for a year. From what I can tell you will only be required to change your license once you are a permanent resident
Great thanks. I am visiting whilst waiting for my pr but we are going back to the UK in December for a month then hopefully back to land and if not landing in assuming our 60 days gets reset but it may be worth getting the permit. Do you think this would be suitable for my partner too? He has dual nationality for UK/Canada only moving back to Canada this year with me holding his uk license, could he apply for thud even though he technically isn't a "visitor"?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
Great thanks. I am visiting whilst waiting for my pr but we are going back to the UK in December for a month then hopefully back to land and if not landing in assuming our 60 days gets reset but it may be worth getting the permit. Do you think this would be suitable for my partner too? He has dual nationality for UK/Canada only moving back to Canada this year with me holding his uk license, could he apply for thud even though he technically isn't a "visitor"?
My suggestion would be to apply for your International Drivers Permit when you are in the UK by post, it takes approx 10 days from the date of receipt and costs £8.00

http://www.theaa.com/getaway/idp/index.html

As for your partner - its my understanding (although someone may correct me) that as a Dual Citizen he/she would legally have to apply for an Ontario License as he/she is not a visitor. I woulds suggest Calling Services Ontario to double check

http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_for_residents/ONT04_020859.html

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
My suggestion would be to apply for your International Drivers Permit when you are in the UK by post, it takes approx 10 days from the date of receipt and costs £8.00

http://www.theaa.com/getaway/idp/index.html

As for your partner - its my understanding (although someone may correct me) that as a Dual Citizen he/she would legally have to apply for an Ontario License as he/she is not a visitor. I woulds suggest Calling Services Ontario to double check

http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_for_residents/ONT04_020859.html
Thanks for your help! We are looking at getting a car (he has driven his companies a couple of times but we were still unsure if this was okay!) so it is definitely something we need to sort out. His issue with changing his license is he has only had his uk license for 1 year whereas it needs to be 2 for the straight swap so I'm lucky as I've had mines for 3 years so no driving test for me! Whereas he has to go through the g1, g2 thing!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
Thanks for your help! We are looking at getting a car (he has driven his companies a couple of times but we were still unsure if this was okay!) so it is definitely something we need to sort out. His issue with changing his license is he has only had his uk license for 1 year whereas it needs to be 2 for the straight swap so I'm lucky as I've had mines for 3 years so no driving test for me! Whereas he has to go through the g1, g2 thing!
That must be frustrating for him and it is confusing sometimes with all the provinces having different rules. But I would definately call services ontario to check if he is able to use a International Drivers Permit. Good Luck. Let me know how you get on!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
That must be frustrating for him and it is confusing sometimes with all the provinces having different rules. But I would definately call services ontario to check if he is able to use a International Drivers Permit. Good Luck. Let me know how you get on!
Yeah it really is frustrating especially since he's a much better and more confident driver than me! I'm still scared about driving on the wrong side haha.
I will get him to call this week and see what they say. I hope it will be fine, especially if we explain that we are returning to Scotland for a month over Christmas so don't wish to give up the uk license until after that!

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Some columns of data have been removed from the spreadsheet. Is it possible for them to be restored? The Decision Made column was supposed to represent how ECAS changes through the process and COPR issued was to show when the documentation actually left the offices. Sometimes there were discrepancies in these two dates which it was interesting and important for people to see. Since the spreadsheet is now open to everyone I really think that the removal of data should be discussed on the forum before its executed. The information is for everyone to use and the more we have the better.

Thanks

P

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
bryandd said:
Some columns of data have been removed from the spreadsheet. Is it possible for them to be restored? The Decision Made column was supposed to represent how ECAS changes through the process and COPR issued was to show when the documentation actually left the offices. Sometimes there were discrepancies in these two dates which it was interesting and important for people to see. Since the spreadsheet is now open to everyone I really think that the removal of data should be discussed on the forum before its executed. The information is for everyone to use and the more we have the better.

Thanks

P

Ditto, why was this deleted?!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Is it just me or was there another column still that has gone missing? The COPR/ Visa issued column. It is in close proximity to the DM but it did differ. Why has that 1 been removed. That spreadsheet was complete last night until somebody decided to alter it and take out columns. :mad:

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I must be missing something....the spreadsheet looks the same to me

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have a question about my medical.... I got my medical done in march this year and was planning to send my visa application in the same month, but I ended up waiting ages for my police check to come back from Australia. I ended up sending my visa the first week of October. My main question is, do u think I will get my COPR issued before my medical expires in march? And if it doesn't get approved by march will the vo ask me to re-do my medical? If they do ask me to re-do my medical will this delay the process? My husbands visa runs out in Feb and we were planning to both go over with or without COPR, but we have decided that I will stay in Glasgow till I have my COPR so I can continue working, so the less time spent apart the better! Any help appreciated!
Michelle :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
mic_midd86 said:
Hi, I have a question about my medical.... I got my medical done in march this year and was planning to send my visa application in the same month, but I ended up waiting ages for my police check to come back from Australia. I ended up sending my visa the first week of October. My main question is, do u think I will get my COPR issued before my medical expires in march? And if it doesn't get approved by march will the vo ask me to re-do my medical? If they do ask me to re-do my medical will this delay the process? My husbands visa runs out in Feb and we were planning to both go over with or without COPR, but we have decided that I will stay in Glasgow till I have my COPR so I can continue working, so the less time spent apart the better! Any help appreciated!
Michelle :)
Hey am in exactly the same boat as yourself. Mine run out in 13 days. I have sent an E-Mail to London. Will keep you updated on what London decides to do. They can grant an extension at their discretion if that is the only thing that is holding up issuing the Visa, which I assume would be the case in my application if everything else is fine. Medicals are a hard question to answer definitively because there are certain factors that change on a case by case basis. Your time scale of medicals completed to application sent out is very similar to mine. I had a lot of issues, computer hard drive crashed and had problems obtaining my Police check on time and the package took forever to get to my wife in Canada, lost so much time.

Will keep you updated as soon as I hear something. Good luck :D

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Hi guys!

My wife (Canadian) and I (British) just posted off our outland PR spousal sponsorship application yesterday (18th Oct) to Mississauga! It's been a hard couple of months of stressful preparation, checking and rechecking, but hopefully it all goes well.

Pinklady, would you please add me to the spreadsheet? How does this work, do I just post on here or PM you whenever there are updates?

Thanks