+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
bonitanita said:
He said they won't. It will be in the queue from the beginning. I have been sitting here in Canada for over a year doing nothing. The burden of all this crap on our relationship has been torture. I've always been self sufficient and independent and now, all of a sudden, my life has been on hold and I have been out of control for so long. I can't bear the thought of another few months of this.
I honestly have so much empathy for you now. I hope he is wrong and someone in London picks yours up quick. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I've been here since August not working and I know how upset I would be to hear the extra few months added to the timeline.

Try and stay strong, I hope you're living somewhere busy with things to do I know that the boredom is what gets to me.

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
London have had my app marked as in process for 5 days short of a month now!!! Why are they so slow all of a sudden?

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
bonitanita said:
He said they won't. It will be in the queue from the beginning. I have been sitting here in Canada for over a year doing nothing. The burden of all this crap on our relationship has been torture. I've always been self sufficient and independent and now, all of a sudden, my life has been on hold and I have been out of control for so long. I can't bear the thought of another few months of this.
Oh no this is too sad. I will not wait if I was you. Get your spouse to get intouch with your MP ASAP to find out what went wrong and have you placed where you should be. I understand your pain all these wait can be hard on ones relationship and self. Take it easy atleast you know why now.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
What on earth are London playing at, they have gone crazily slow. Our spreadsheet shows the average time for 2nd stage approval @ 88 days after stage 1 completion. I am at 103 days now and some of those above me are at over 130 days which is longer than any applications throughout the whole year. ND and Sydney and even Vienna are taking 2-3 months maximum whereas London is struggling to issue 1 COPR a week. I was hoping that this process would be complete by end of October, so I could be with my wife in time for Xmas but as the days dissapear so does my hope. Extremely frustrated with London, especially when I look at the first pages of this thread back in 2010, they were taking 3 months for stage 1 and stage 2 combined!!! :mad:

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
R151NG5UN said:
What on earth are London playing at, they have gone crazily slow. Our spreadsheet shows the average time for 2nd stage approval @ 88 days after stage 1 completion. I am at 103 days now and some of those above me are at over 130 days which is longer than any applications throughout the whole year. ND and Sydney and even Vienna are taking 2-3 months maximum whereas London is struggling to issue 1 COPR a week. I was hoping that this process would be complete by end of October, so I could be with my wife in time for Xmas but as the days dissapear so does my hope. Extremely frustrated with London, especially when I look at the first pages of this thread back in 2010, they were taking 3 months for stage 1 and stage 2 combined!!! :mad:
Well, if the papers are still is Mississauga like mine then it's not London's fault. God this is so frustrating. Have to wait til monday to call back.... this weekend is going to suck.

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
London have had my app since the beginning of July

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
Well, if the papers are still is Mississauga like mine then it's not London's fault. God this is so frustrating. Have to wait til monday to call back.... this weekend is going to suck.
You could well be right Bonitanita, I have said for awhile I have no idea London actually has my file, it could well be still stuck in CA like yours. Just exasperated with the incompetence and frankly abysmal service provided by CIC CA and London VO for a service that is extremely expensive and a service that makes you have medicals and police checks prior to your application being sent out, only to realise that there is every chance that once COPR is granted you may have to do these again because they are so SLOW! This is just like 1 huge ponzi scheme where everybody benefits from such a poor service and the applicant is left in the dark throughout. Surely an AOR on each stage for every applicant is not that hard for a huge industry as important as immigration.

I do however suspect London does have my file as it does say my medical results have been received but that is my ONLY indication that it is there with them. I have E-mailed London with a CSE this week with no reply but the automated 1. My wife works as a teacher so for her to call CIC CA is difficult although she has spent 2 hours on the phone everyday after work only to be placed on hold every single day until CIC CA closes for the day. This whole process has got me totally down and reading your story Bonitanita just has left me speechless. I am so mad at such a shoddy service received by CIC. :mad:

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bonitanita said:
called cic... My file is still in Mississauga. It was never sent to London. The agent is sending a message to enquire why it has not been sent to London. I should call back in a few weeks and this could delay my application by a few months.

I'm going to crawl into a hole now.
So sorry to hear that!! it's terrible to hear and I really feel for you! stay strong, and I hope you can find something to do while you're waiting (if you're in BC, we could try to meet up, because I just arrived and not overly busy let's say!!).

Sweden

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
R151NG5UN said:
I'm one of the few who are >130 days. In many cases there's a reason for it.

In my case I have pending medical stuff being sorted out, otherwise my application looks like it would have been approved in late July (according to my GCMS notes). So I guess once they had finalised and processed/sent the COPR you'd be talking about maybe 60 days for me. That is really fast, but unfortunately the medical stuff held everything back.

Looking at some of the others...

Fhaider appears to be a Pakistani national and the background checks for non-British nationals applying through London typically take far longer. Fhaider was also called to an interview.

s2gordon is pregnant and is therefore not able to complete the x ray for the medical, so presumably will delayed until she can do the x ray.

supergirl116 (britishexpats user) didn't pay the right of permanent residence fee upfront.

JennyFox (britishexpats user) - I can't see any special factors affecting her.

liuminparis was asked for an extra document by London.

CaddBoy - again, can't see any special factors affecting him.

I think that covers everybody whose London timescales are exceeding 4 months now [edit to say - oops, what I mean is everybody who applied in 2012, I didn't check to see if there were any 2011 stragglers...]. There are a couple they're dragging their heels on (JennyFox, CaddBoy) but they seem to be unfortunate exceptions. I know that's not exactly reassuring but the spreadsheet makes things look worse than they are. I've thought for a while that a 'Notes/Special Circumstances' column would be useful so the types of explanations I've written above for long processing times could be seen and it would be a bit more illuminating.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Sweden said:
So sorry to hear that!! it's terrible to hear and I really feel for you! stay strong, and I hope you can find something to do while you're waiting (if you're in BC, we could try to meet up, because I just arrived and not overly busy let's say!!).

Sweden
The plan was to move to BC when I can work. The cost of living is expensive there and moving on one wage would be difficult. I don't know what we're going to do. Hubby works out in Alberta on the oil sands. He is gone for 2 weeks and home for one. So alone and so fed up. If I come, I will look you up.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
R151NG5UN said:
You could well be right Bonitanita, I have said for awhile I have no idea London actually has my file, it could well be still stuck in CA like yours. Just exasperated with the incompetence and frankly abysmal service provided by CIC CA and London VO for a service that is extremely expensive and a service that makes you have medicals and police checks prior to your application being sent out, only to realise that there is every chance that once COPR is granted you may have to do these again because they are so SLOW! This is just like 1 huge ponzi scheme where everybody benefits from such a poor service and the applicant is left in the dark throughout. Surely an AOR on each stage for every applicant is not that hard for a huge industry as important as immigration.

I do however suspect London does have my file as it does say my medical results have been received but that is my ONLY indication that it is there with them. I have E-mailed London with a CSE this week with no reply but the automated 1. My wife works as a teacher so for her to call CIC CA is difficult although she has spent 2 hours on the phone everyday after work only to be placed on hold every single day until CIC CA closes for the day. This whole process has got me totally down and reading your story Bonitanita just has left me speechless. I am so mad at such a shoddy service received by CIC. :mad:
Yes... it is everything you just said it is. I'm glad you are feeling my pain with me. It is comforting. Thank you for empathising.

x

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Yes Deficient I totally agree, a special factors column is indeed needed. I looked above my application, obviously not knowing the circumstances barring the stars on Caddboy and liuminparis.

On a separate not, if British expats users could be denoted it would certainly help. As 3 or 4 of the applicants have no history on this website, so they look like they don't exist. I was looking at the history for all users above me left in white and 2 or 3 had no details on this site. So I assume they put themselves on the spreadsheet but then it looks like they have gone dead so to speak.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
bonitanita, I am so horrified about what has happened to your application. This is why sending an AOR really ought to be mandatory for all applications, so that mistakes like this can be picked up and sorted out quickly, instead of another two months later. That is outrageous.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Deficient said:
bonitanita, I am so horrified about what has happened to your application. This is why sending an AOR really ought to be mandatory for all applications, so that mistakes like this can be picked up and sorted out quickly, instead of another two months later. That is outrageous.
I agree. I have been having nightmares about this since my file was sent. Worried that they never received it. I did contact them and ask them before via email and never got a response.

I want to go to sleep and wake up when this is all over. I don't know what to do with myself. I am sick with worry and anxiety. We want to start a family because we're getting up there in age.... but, we can't think about that until this is sorted. They have no idea how much they are messing with people's lives.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
I agree. I have been having nightmares about this since my file was sent. Worried that they never received it. I did contact them and ask them before via email and never got a response.

I want to go to sleep and wake up when this is all over. I don't know what to do with myself. I am sick with worry and anxiety. We want to start a family because we're getting up there in age.... but, we can't think about that until this is sorted. They have no idea how much they are messing with people's lives.
I really feel for you, especially because you were the earliest of the May applicants and also endured a substantial stage 1 process. This is/ was my nightmare and to see it has come true is truly heartbreaking and worrying for any applicants in the same situation as yourself. I don't have a file number, all my actions on ECAS have been using my wife's details :mad:

Like yourself we wish to start a family but it is totally impossible, even though my wife wanted to try before PR was granted, I refused because of situations like this occuring and to leave her with a child without me being there to raise it with her, also that would be heartbreaking missing being there to support my wife in the process and to miss all the important steps of a newborn. This whole process has definietly taken it's toll on us and now me landing before xmas is becoming more and more remote , something that will no doubt start a whole new set of arguments. :'(