+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Sooooo Fustrating.......everyone around me on the London VO spreadsheet is getting In Process or Decision Made, and I've heard nothing.....

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!

Im hoping PinkLady still wanders these pages, or this is a question for anyone who has now landed permanently in Canada - I've arrived (yay) things are going great and am in a good job here. I just wondered about EI - am I right in thinking I cannnot go on EI for 3 years? and if so, does that mean I should be paying into EI every month with my paycheck?

Many thanks all,

Hope the last few months have been good for everyone! Canada is awesome!!! :)

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Caddboy said:
Sooooo Fustrating.......everyone around me on the London VO spreadsheet is getting In Process or Decision Made, and I've heard nothing.....
I havnt heard anything either :(

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
Nathan75 said:
Looks like i got a kind of AOR, seems my photos got lost between missisauga and london, and london have requested 2 more, luckily i had extra taken when i filed so i've already mailed them off, xpresspost and 60$ later, woohoo at least they got my other stuff :)
Another day another email.

They found my photos :) lol

Guess i just paid 60$ for an AOR lol

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
can anyone tell me where i need to include the name of my hubby's kids with his ex.MY hubby does not not have any contact with kids except that he pays the alimony by direct debit.please help me.is it reaaly necessary to include the kids name age 15 and 14 as they are in ex custody and ex has never let my hubby meet them.no contact.

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
londongurl said:
can anyone tell me where i need to include the name of my hubby's kids with his ex.MY hubby does not not have any contact with kids except that he pays the alimony by direct debit.please help me.is it reaaly necessary to include the kids name age 15 and 14 as they are in ex custody and ex has never let my hubby meet them.no contact.
London gurl, have you read through the package online as it seems you are rather confused on the whole process. I'm not sure where you would include the kids names as we don't have kids, but you absolutely have to include the kids. We had to even include my boyfriends step sister whom he's never met before let alone knows where she lives.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Nathan75 said:
Another day another email.

They found my photos :) lol

Guess i just paid 60$ for an AOR lol
I'd pay 60 bucks for some info! ;)lol

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
londongurl said:
If they are not going then they aren't included in the application. But you will need to provide information on them as other family members.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
I know most here are waiting for their COPR, but we got our sponsorship approval this morning (Ottawa Pilot). I think it's going to be a good weekend :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Woffles said:
I know most here are waiting for their COPR, but we got our sponsorship approval this morning (Ottawa Pilot). I think it's going to be a good weekend :)
Congrats Woffles. Wishing you a quick stage 2. Have a great weekend :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Caddboy said:
Hi Sweden, Rosskilgour and Herjeet.

I've also been married to my wife for 5 years (i'm canadian) and we lived in the UK the entire time as well. We are still waiting for my wife's CORP (transferred June 19th) but like you guys we could not wait around in the UK, so we moved to Calgary, as I had a job offer to come back to which started Mid-June. My wife and children came over in August and have been here for 2 months now, patiently waiting for London's VO get going.

When I moved here we sent all our belongings with me, well on a boat which arrive in Montreal and then travelled by train to Calgary. There were no issues with this as I am a returning Canadian, moving back to Canada. We just sent clothes, paintings and pictures etc.... no furniture or really big items.

When my wife and daughters came over it all went really smoothly. My daughters had their Certificate of Canadian citizenship so they were Canadians coming to Canada (no issues) and my wife was just coming for a 6 month "visit" and explained to the immigration officer that she was going through the sponsorship process. She did have a return flight booked, but the immigration officer said that if it took longer than 6 months for her CORP to arrive to just come back and get her passport re-stamped.

My wife is actually heading back to the UK for a week on Firday so we were hoping the CORP would be issued by now....

Nothing in this whole process has been an issue other than the slowness of the London VO.
thanks for sharing, it's reassuring! I'm pretty sure I will have no problem at the border, as the few times I have been there I never had to show a return ticket or anything like this, but i'm glad to know that it went well for your wife.

Hope London issues your COPR soon - if you have a straightforward case there is really no reason to delay so much! fingers crossed for you.

Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Woffles said:
Congrats, that's good to hear, and officially welcome to London - your file can be in the queue with ours! :)
Cheers,
Sweden

debbie6986

Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-06-2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
visa ex
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 14th march 2013
LANDED..........
Already here
Hi guys. Im an August applicant. If you check your application status and its says "Medical results have been received." Should one assume it has been received by the London VO?

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
Hi guys - last post here about 2 months ago trying to fill out forms - well I finally got all aspects of the application together, it was received in Mississauga today.

Now I can join the club I've wanted to be in for so long: those waiting for news! So glad not to have to be filling out forms anymore! :)

I hear there is a spread sheet to update? PinkLady could you add me to the race?

I have a question for the forums as well.

I am in Canada on a year long visa which expires October 16th (about 3 weeks time!) and obviously my application has only just gone in - I'm hoping to leave Canada on the 15th of October and re-enter straight away as a tourist while I wait here for the visa to be done (months and months, I know) - does anyone have any experience of this, or any idea if it's possible?

I'm currently in Canada as an IEC (international experience canada) 1 year worker.

Thanks!