+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
A retired visa officer on British expats, mentioned that there was a lot of extra student and visitor visas over the summer period. But all the PR work should start getting back to normal. :)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Soo..anybody got any good news yet from the London office? Anybody? :-[

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
any one who has sent their application for spouse visa here on his own via london office want to share some information regarding how was the application was sent , I mean how you put your photos,skype chat ( was printed on plain paper but look like a type one ),your visa copy etc ( all the proof ).and anyother detail,This thing making me so nervous.My husband need to complete his medical and Crb already received and Im still putting all the document together and filling the form ,hopefully to send the application end of october.please help with your experience.thanks guys

usewes

Jul 4, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/03/2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Hi there.

Just thought I would update everyone on our landing. We went over on a holiday, as we still have to sort out a few things in the UK, and my wife's medical expired 2 days after we went on holiday!

Flew into Calgary, and gave the immigration officer our COPR. We were directed to the immigration area, and we were greeted right away. The immigration officer asked my wife a few questions, and that was it...we were off. PR card was posted to an address in Canada, and while we were on holiday my wife registered for a social insurance number which as already arrived! Easy as that! We were in and out of immigration in 15 minutes at the most!

Good luck to everyone still waiting! Our thoughts are with you for a speedy processing!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
nabeela said:
Hey Sweden i am also August's applicant... I sent my docs and waiting for medical request now... can you tell me the link for august thread???
Many thanks. . .
Hey Nabeela,

here is the link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/august-2012-applicants-thread-t114060.690.html
good luck with your application!
Sweden

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Here is something to give a little bit of excitment and hope. We were contacted by email today by CIC to inform us that they have opened our file, WOOOOO HOOOOO, OH YEAH. :D
They have contacted us requesting the medical. They have already been forwarded the necessary medical earlier in the process but obviously not matched them to our file so I am just about to e-mail them about it.
We will let you know what happens, but atleast there is some progress. :D
Hope to se some more good news on here later today and through to the end of the week from the rest of you.

Emhub

Apr 23, 2012
Good news. COPR arrived in the mail (special delivery to our UK address). Application arrived in Mississauga April 19th, sponsor approval came on July 12th, went straight from Application Received to Decision Made on Ecas a few days ago. It was a straightforward spousal application through the London VO, fairly skinny package, but included an extra step for Québec. Landing planned sometime in November. Thank you for the support.

N

nabeela

Sweden said:
Hey Nabeela,

here is the link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/august-2012-applicants-thread-t114060.690.html
good luck with your application!
Sweden

thanks alot :)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
sway_in_de_wind said:
Here is something to give a little bit of excitment and hope. We were contacted by email today by CIC to inform us that they have opened our file, WOOOOO HOOOOO, OH YEAH. :D
They have contacted us requesting the medical. They have already been forwarded the necessary medical earlier in the process but obviously not matched them to our file so I am just about to e-mail them about it.
We will let you know what happens, but atleast there is some progress. :D
Hope to se some more good news on here later today and through to the end of the week from the rest of you.
Emhub said:
Good news. COPR arrived in the mail (special delivery to our UK address). Application arrived in Mississauga April 19th, sponsor approval came on July 12th, went straight from Application Received to Decision Made on Ecas a few days ago. It was a straightforward spousal application through the London VO, fairly skinny package, but included an extra step for Québec. Landing planned sometime in November. Thank you for the support.
Congratulations Emhub and Sway_in_de_wind!!!! Its great to see some movement, thanks for sharing your good news! If London sticks to the average processing time displayed on the spreadsheet then we might just have the COPR by the time we fly to Canada on Nov 28th :) *fingers crossed*

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Congrats to all the guys/gals who are in process or DM :p. It seems like London has finally awoken from it's 6 week slumber and churning out COPR's at a high speed. Lets hope the rest of those left in June are finished ASAP and on to July. Feels great to see people getting some colour to their name :p

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bryandd said:
Congratulations Emhub and Sway_in_de_wind!!!! Its great to see some movement, thanks for sharing your good news! If London sticks to the average processing time displayed on the spreadsheet then we might just have the COPR by the time we fly to Canada on Nov 28th :) *fingers crossed*
also hoping for the same for me - but i'm flying in less than 2 weeks, so i don't think that it will happen... ph well, i'll just go to the nearest border later on! but you'll be done for sure in november...
good luck!
Sweden

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
YAY! Great news, Sway in de Wind and Emhub.
London must have changed their Coffee brand! 8)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Sweden said:
also hoping for the same for me - but i'm flying in less than 2 weeks, so i don't think that it will happen... ph well, i'll just go to the nearest border later on! but you'll be done for sure in november...
good luck!
Sweden
I don't know...you might just get it in time. Maybe they have our files open right now!! *fingers doubley crossed* !! :D

What plans do you have for arriving at immigration? Are you preparing a return ticket (fully refundable ;)) or proof of funds? What about all your stuff, is it going in on your partners name? You must be soo excited, its coming so soon!

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Hi guys

I'm hoping I can pick your brains a bit since you are all outland London PR people too! My Canadian wife and I (Brit) have been married 5 years, always living in the UK together. We are about to apply for PR with her as my sponsor.

When the sponsor checklist asks about income (question 19), is that irrelevant to us, as we will quit our jobs in the UK to move to Canada? Or do we need to prove her current income in the UK?

Also, she doesn't have any Canadian tax forms for the past 5 years as she's been in the UK. Do we still have to contact someone in Canada and ask for some proof of this?

Finally, we have to prove that we will move to Canada permanently once the PR is granted. How do we best do this? Letters from family and friends? Printed emails showing I'm looking for work in Canada?

Really hope you can help, thanks guys

Ross

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rosskilgour said:
Hi guys

I'm hoping I can pick your brains a bit since you are all outland London PR people too! My Canadian wife and I (Brit) have been married 5 years, always living in the UK together. We are about to apply for PR with her as my sponsor.

When the sponsor checklist asks about income (question 19), is that irrelevant to us, as we will quit our jobs in the UK to move to Canada? Or do we need to prove her current income in the UK?

Also, she doesn't have any Canadian tax forms for the past 5 years as she's been in the UK. Do we still have to contact someone in Canada and ask for some proof of this?

Finally, we have to prove that we will move to Canada permanently once the PR is granted. How do we best do this? Letters from family and friends? Printed emails showing I'm looking for work in Canada?

Really hope you can help, thanks guys

Ross
Hey, and welcome!

about your questions:
even if you don't have a tax form from Canada, you need to show that you are financially sound, and your wife as well. So include your income for the last 12 months, so CIC can see that you have financial means - you don't have to reach a minimum level but you ned to prove that you will not go on welfare. So include your pay slips for the last 12 months and a letter from your employer about current position and salary.

no need to contact tax office in Canada, you can get the same from the UK and include that as a proof of income.

To prove : emails looking for work is good, as well as letters from family and friends, quotations from moving companies, and you can also include a narrative on the steps you intend to take before moving - in the UK, as well as what is your plan when arriving in Canada - where you will settle, how you will make money etc. CIC wants to see that you are moving to Canada, so include as many practical details as possible.

Good luck with your application, and don't hesitate to ask!
Cheers,
Sweden