+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bryandd said:
I don't know...you might just get it in time. Maybe they have our files open right now!! *fingers doubley crossed* !! :D

What plans do you have for arriving at immigration? Are you preparing a return ticket (fully refundable ;)) or proof of funds? What about all your stuff, is it going in on your partners name? You must be soo excited, its coming so soon!
fingers crossed indeed! i don't have a return ticket, but I will bring proofs of funds (bank account most likely)... i'm travelling with only 2 bags, and trying now to sort out how to send stuff to Canada... and by the time it gets there, i hope to have landed as PR... otherwise it will be under my partner's name, we don't have so many things (furniture etc), mostly clothes and few personal items, so it should be possible - i'll let you know how it goes at immigration, hope they won't send me back! :-(

Excited indeed, a bit scary... can't really realised that it's coming up so soon! especially without a visa, it always feels like it could not happen at the last minut!

Cheers,
Sweden

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
I've booked ticket to depart on the 15th of November with my family. Obviously still awaiting my wife's COPR, our movers are coming tomorrow to ship majority of our personal belongings as well. Would it be worth while to mail a photocopy of flight our flights and shipping bill/invoice, resignation acceptance letter from work to give further evidence of us moving?? Thanks! Congrats to all getting COPR's!! :'(

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Thanks so much Sweden!

One more question: for the copies of pay slips, tax forms, etc., can we just photocopy, or should we send originals, or notarised copies?

If notarised copies, does anyone know where will do this for free in London?

Many thanks!

Ross

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
Looks like i got a kind of AOR, seems my photos got lost between missisauga and london, and london have requested 2 more, luckily i had extra taken when i filed so i've already mailed them off, xpresspost and 60$ later, woohoo at least they got my other stuff :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rosskilgour said:
Thanks so much Sweden!

One more question: for the copies of pay slips, tax forms, etc., can we just photocopy, or should we send originals, or notarised copies?

If notarised copies, does anyone know where will do this for free in London?

Many thanks!

Ross
Normal copies are fine, the only notarised copies you need are for official papers (translation etc) but not for normal copies.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nathan75 said:
Looks like i got a kind of AOR, seems my photos got lost between missisauga and london, and london have requested 2 more, luckily i had extra taken when i filed so i've already mailed them off, xpresspost and 60$ later, woohoo at least they got my other stuff :)
good to know! your file was received 2 days before mine so I hope that London is opening/has opened my file already...
Good luck with your process, hope you'll get more news from them very soon - in forms of COPR of course!
Cheers,
Sweden

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Hi Sweden, Rosskilgour and Herjeet.

I've also been married to my wife for 5 years (i'm canadian) and we lived in the UK the entire time as well. We are still waiting for my wife's CORP (transferred June 19th) but like you guys we could not wait around in the UK, so we moved to Calgary, as I had a job offer to come back to which started Mid-June. My wife and children came over in August and have been here for 2 months now, patiently waiting for London's VO get going.

When I moved here we sent all our belongings with me, well on a boat which arrive in Montreal and then travelled by train to Calgary. There were no issues with this as I am a returning Canadian, moving back to Canada. We just sent clothes, paintings and pictures etc.... no furniture or really big items.

When my wife and daughters came over it all went really smoothly. My daughters had their Certificate of Canadian citizenship so they were Canadians coming to Canada (no issues) and my wife was just coming for a 6 month "visit" and explained to the immigration officer that she was going through the sponsorship process. She did have a return flight booked, but the immigration officer said that if it took longer than 6 months for her CORP to arrive to just come back and get her passport re-stamped.

My wife is actually heading back to the UK for a week on Firday so we were hoping the CORP would be issued by now....

Nothing in this whole process has been an issue other than the slowness of the London VO.

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Caddboy said:
Hi Sweden, Rosskilgour and Herjeet.

I've also been married to my wife for 5 years (i'm canadian) and we lived in the UK the entire time as well. We are still waiting for my wife's CORP (transferred June 19th) but like you guys we could not wait around in the UK, so we moved to Calgary, as I had a job offer to come back to which started Mid-June. My wife and children came over in August and have been here for 2 months now, patiently waiting for London's VO get going.

When I moved here we sent all our belongings with me, well on a boat which arrive in Montreal and then travelled by train to Calgary. There were no issues with this as I am a returning Canadian, moving back to Canada. We just sent clothes, paintings and pictures etc.... no furniture or really big items.

When my wife and daughters came over it all went really smoothly. My daughters had their Certificate of Canadian citizenship so they were Canadians coming to Canada (no issues) and my wife was just coming for a 6 month "visit" and explained to the immigration officer that she was going through the sponsorship process. She did have a return flight booked, but the immigration officer said that if it took longer than 6 months for her CORP to arrive to just come back and get her passport re-stamped.

My wife is actually heading back to the UK for a week on Firday so we were hoping the CORP would be issued by now....

Nothing in this whole process has been an issue other than the slowness of the London VO.
Thanks for that!! Good information, we have not booked a return flight yet for my wife...something I may have to consider if I do not hear something soon! Lets hope London VO gets into gear and hurrys up.

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Well according to the stats 83% of cases are cases are completed before 90 days elapse from sponsor approval. Those of us who have booked flights should be done in time.... Sweden is probably cutting it closest, your COPR should arrive by 11th Oct...according to the stats :) Even if "stats mean nothing to the individual" it does look like London is processing visas faster than they claim. What have they been saying, ' 80% of cases completed in 5 months'? Looks to be closer to 3 months which is great news! (I think I'm interpretting it correctly..)

Great info on the arrival procedure Caddboy, thanks!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bryandd said:
Well according to the stats 83% of cases are cases are completed before 90 days elapse from sponsor approval. Those of us who have booked flights should be done in time.... Sweden is probably cutting it closest, your COPR should arrive by 11th Oct...according to the stats :) Even if "stats mean nothing to the individual" it does look like London is processing visas faster than they claim. What have they been saying, ' 80% of cases completed in 5 months'? Looks to be closer to 3 months which is great news! (I think I'm interpretting it correctly..)

Great info on the arrival procedure Caddboy, thanks!
Here is a link with a spreadsheet with exact time scales. 80% completed in 5 months is very very optimistic, I believe 5 months is around the 60% mark and 50% completed within 4 months. :D

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-times-stats-spouses-partners-t115138.0.html;msg1684802#msg1684802

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
finally I heard from London office -- they emailed me today asking for extra documents

- updated Schedule A
- proof that I have quit job in the U.K. (I currently live in Canada under visitor's visa)

not very bad news. Maybe this shows my case can go through with these documents (God bless) and it is just a matter of time. Perhaps one more month waiting :-\

I will wait...... London office seems finally start to work. the Visa officer is back to track from his holiday / holiday mood

Good luck to everyone here!

P.S. my case was transferred to London on June 11th, 2012

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
liuminparis said:
finally I heard from London office -- they emailed me today asking for extra documents

- updated Schedule A
- proof that I have quit job in the U.K. (I currently live in Canada under visitor's visa)

not very bad news. Maybe this shows my case can go through with these documents (God bless) and it is just a matter of time. Perhaps one more month waiting :-\

I will wait...... London office seems finally start to work. the Visa officer is back to track from his holiday / holiday mood

Good luck to everyone here!

P.S. my case was transferred to London on June 11th, 2012
Why would they want proof that you quit your job? What do they care about that for?

This is making me nervous. I haven't actually lived or worked in the UK since 2003. After uni, I pretty much jetted and have been living and working all around the world since. I hope this doesn't cause issues for my copr.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
bonitanita said:
Why would they want proof that you quit your job? What do they care about that for?

This is making me nervous. I haven't actually lived or worked in the UK since 2003. After uni, I pretty much jetted and have been living and working all around the world since. I hope this doesn't cause issues for my copr.
my case is a little special. I was an Canadian immigrant 10 years ago. I managed to live in Canada for 2 years to keep my immigration status before I left for U.K., where I gained my British citizenship but lost Canadian immigration status. I moved back last year as I prefer my children growing up in Canada. So perhaps that is why they care if I really have the intention to become a Canadian immigrant this time. I quit my job last September and came to Canada under visitor's visa. So far I am out of work for over a year, I guess this can ensure them my motif. ;D

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Further update. After getting an email from CIC asking for the medical to be done we emailed them back and informed them that they have already been sent a few months ago. We just recieved an reply appologising for sending the request, they have found the medical and matched it up with our file. They explained that there has been a fault with the eletronic side of the file but it has now been resolved. This could also explain the lack of updates and status changes on the CIC web site when we log in. Hopfully smooth sailing from here on ;D

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
anyone here can you confirm if I need to get my wedding certificate ,divorce papers and all other document signed bt a commisioner of oath or not as it is confusing .In the checklist it clearly state copies and nothing else.pleas anyone who has sent only copies to london vo for spouse sponsorship outland ,please comfirm if im right or wrong.it will much appreciated.