+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Oh gosh... we are applying through the London VO and to hear how slow it's moving isn't encouraging! Hopefully they get through your applications soon - better for me! :D

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
I hate the lack of movement. Urgh.

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
Hello everyone,

First time posting to this forum so please excuse any previously answered questions.

Hubby and I lived in the states (he is British...) - I applied for him end of August 2012. I have returned to Canada along with him (he on a visitors...).

I know it takes about 3 months for the applications to get processsed in Mississauga so I know we still have a ways to go yet (I think November or early December...).

So here are my questions: Did anyone every receive an acknowledgement that their application package has been recieved (not processed or in process just received at the office...) or it is just a waiting game till the timeline expires? Not too trusting of the grumpy postal worker who handled my package for delivery! :p

We added both our email addresses as it appears that they will contact us using emails if provided in lieu of the actual addresses - can anyone comment on this?
Second question is, we paid online and I see that the receipt needed to check the status does not start with an R like mine - has anyone run into this?

Thanks for your help!

Mamajojo

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
What are London VO playing at?? No COPR's last week!! :mad: :mad:

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
pa19007 said:
Hello everyone,

First time posting to this forum so please excuse any previously answered questions.

Hubby and I lived in the states (he is British...) - I applied for him end of August 2012. I have returned to Canada along with him (he on a visitors...).

I know it takes about 3 months for the applications to get processsed in Mississauga so I know we still have a ways to go yet (I think November or early December...).

So here are my questions: Did anyone every receive an acknowledgement that their application package has been recieved (not processed or in process just received at the office...) or it is just a waiting game till the timeline expires? Not too trusting of the grumpy postal worker who handled my package for delivery! :p

We added both our email addresses as it appears that they will contact us using emails if provided in lieu of the actual addresses - can anyone comment on this?
Second question is, we paid online and I see that the receipt needed to check the status does not start with an R like mine - has anyone run into this?

Thanks for your help!

Mamajojo
Hey Mamajojo,

welcome to the forum! and good luck for your application.

You might get an AOR - some people do; some don't. But it's rarely when the package has been received, but sometimes when they open it. most people don't get AOR though, so don't get your hopes up... and trust that it has been delivered.
the good news is - you might hear sooner than you think - some people who applied at the beginning of August already got their sponsorship approval, so hopefully it will go faster for you as well. there is a thread for August applicants if you want to have a look at the current times - but thinking that you won't hear anything before november and december is the right attitude - if it comes earlier, then it's a good surprise!

about emails - IF you receive an AOR it will be by mail, but the sponsorship approval can come by email or snailmail - and the fact that you put your email address is not a guarantee that you will hear from them by email... but it increases the chances of course!

To be able to check your online status, you need to wait until you get either the approval, or the AOR - you will then get a file number starting by F and that's valid for online checking - the receipt number never works, it's the same for everybody so don't worry about it... that being said - online you can not see much anyway...

Good luck with waiting - and welcome to the London thread!
Cheers,
Sweden

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
A couple of DM's on BritishExpats.com today.

1. LordChewington app rec. Mar 12 - Sp Appr'd 20 June - DM Sep 24

2. GS1 app rec. ? - Sp Appr'd 27 June - In Pro 19 Sep - DM 24 Sep

Hopefully this will be a busy week. It seems most DM's/COPR's are made in last week of the month.

kamika

Feb 10, 2012
Mail service used by the ambassy

Hi All,

Quick question please. I would like to know if they send the COPR and the residence card via regular postal mail services or via fedex/puralator/etc. and if they require signature.

We'll be travelling, so just wondering if we should transfer the mail somewhere.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
I cannot believe another week has passed and there have been no more Coprs. :eek:
What is going on?? :mad:

N

nabeela

Sweden said:
Hey Mamajojo,

welcome to the forum! and good luck for your application.

You might get an AOR - some people do; some don't. But it's rarely when the package has been received, but sometimes when they open it. most people don't get AOR though, so don't get your hopes up... and trust that it has been delivered.
the good news is - you might hear sooner than you think - some people who applied at the beginning of August already got their sponsorship approval, so hopefully it will go faster for you as well. there is a thread for August applicants if you want to have a look at the current times - but thinking that you won't hear anything before november and december is the right attitude - if it comes earlier, then it's a good surprise!

about emails - IF you receive an AOR it will be by mail, but the sponsorship approval can come by email or snailmail - and the fact that you put your email address is not a guarantee that you will hear from them by email... but it increases the chances of course!

To be able to check your online status, you need to wait until you get either the approval, or the AOR - you will then get a file number starting by F and that's valid for online checking - the receipt number never works, it's the same for everybody so don't worry about it... that being said - online you can not see much anyway...

Good luck with waiting - and welcome to the London thread!
Cheers,
Sweden
Hey Sweden i am also August's applicant... I sent my docs and waiting for medical request now... can you tell me the link for august thread???
Many thanks. . .

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Maybe the staff working on the June applications at the London VO office are all on stress leave? and all our applications have ended up on the bottom of a pile somewhere......my wife is heading back to Scotland for a week at the end of the month and it would be fabulous for her CORP to be approved before she returns so she can activate it.....but not holding my breath. This whole process has been very trying on our nerves.

Come On England (well Canadians in England) !!!! We want to see 20 CORPs approved by September 30th......HA!

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
Yasiin said:
Hi everyone

I have landed in Montreal on Thursday. It was pretty easy and everything went quick, just long line ups and we drove all the way to Ottawa. so I just wanted to share with you my timeline .
Application applied on June 30th 2011
Sponsorship approval August 30th 2011
In process January 26 20122
Passport request August 02 2012
Passport return September 10 2012
Landed September 13 2012.

I wish this timeline would help someone.
thanks everyone. I will be checking back to see how things are here off and on..

Yasiin
I just read this, so once my application is approved they will ask for my passport, i presume this is to put my PR papers in, does it also mean i need a passport that has at least 5 years on it? Mine expires in 2016, and if i'm approved in 2013 that would only give me three years. So if i wanted to travel after that how would i get the documents put into my new passport? Maybe its best if I renew my passport, but will they do that if i still have 3 years left on it.

I'm also thinking that if they do ask for my passport next summer (i'm sending in the app at the end of this month) i'm not going to be able to travel anywhere next year, because they can ask for my passport at any time???

Any advice or experiences?

Thanks

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
xebex said:
I just read this, so once my application is approved they will ask for my passport, i presume this is to put my PR papers in, does it also mean i need a passport that has at least 5 years on it? Mine expires in 2016, and if i'm approved in 2013 that would only give me three years. So if i wanted to travel after that how would i get the documents put into my new passport? Maybe its best if I renew my passport, but will they do that if i still have 3 years left on it.

I'm also thinking that if they do ask for my passport next summer (i'm sending in the app at the end of this month) i'm not going to be able to travel anywhere next year, because they can ask for my passport at any time???

Any advice or experiences?

Thanks
I highly doubt they will extend a passport that has over 3 years to run, you said yours runs out in 2016? I cannot understand any need to renew your passport. Once COPR is issued, you will have 1 year from WHEN your medical was done, if you do not land within that time frame you would have to file a new application and pay the appropriate fees. Really no need whatsoever to renew a passport that has over 3 years till expiry.

Once they ask for your passport, you will not be able to travel. However if you are a UK Citizen they wont ask for your passport, infact any country that is visa exempt wont require you to submit your passport. If you wish to travel whilst they have your passport, you are out of luck, you wont be able to. I assume when they request a passport they give a set time for you to surrender it (maybe 30 days idk). Yes they can ask for your passport at any time during the process, usually after stage 1 is complete. :p

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
thanks RISING SUN.

Ok next question, i had my medicals done on 19th september, the app should be sent off by the end of this month.

But if COPR takes longer than a year to be granted, can't i just re-do my medicals and send it to them? Rather than re-submit the whole application?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
xebex said:
thanks RISING SUN.

Ok next question, i had my medicals done on 19th september, the app should be sent off by the end of this month.

But if COPR takes longer than a year to be granted, can't i just re-do my medicals and send it to them? Rather than re-submit the whole application?
Hey,

COPR is not likely to take a year, probably nearer 5-8 months. London is a fast VO BUT it appears to be slow at the minute. If however you application does go beyond 1 year, they will request you do your medical again OR if that is the only thing that delays issuance of the COPR/ Visa they can grant a 12 month extension.

What I meant when I said you would have to refile a new application was if you are issued a COPR and you fail to land within a year of your medical for whatever reason. If your not ready you can just fly to Canada sort out your papers and come back to the UK but you must not let that COPR lapse beyond the 1 year anniversary of your medical. Basically your medical dictates when your COPR expires.

I am in a similar boat to your question actually, my medicals run out on October 31st this year, so hoping I get my COPR this week OR they extend my medical as 4 weeks is not really a long time. I shall see I guess what happens with CIC.

Good luck :D

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
Cool, thanks again. You always make me feel calmer about everything! :D

It's pretty exciting that the average time for approval seems to be around 6 months! How long have you been waiting?