+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
canucks78 said:
Hi Rosie Lee

Can you tell me if your ECAS has been updated recently and says medical recieved as alittle worried mine doesnt and our dates are close.

Many thanks
Hi, I just checked and i got nothing. Untill they open up your file you wont recieve an AOR, and sometimes you don't get that!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
rebabe246 said:
Thanks for your reply rosie. :) yes my children have been through the proof of citezenship process. they have their canadian citezenship cards and passport. my youngest doesn't have his canadian passport only card, so i'm thinking they should be able to attend school in canada. if i do go to canada do i need to notify the cic that i am in canada. assuming yes.
Yes, and sounds like your children are good to go! :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mic_midd86 said:
hi Everyone! so here goes......I'm from Scotland my husband is Canadian, we have been together for 6years, lived together the whole time (as i met him whilst on a working holiday visa in banff, AB we stayed in staff accom)i ended up staying in Canada for 2years.(both years i had correct visa and work pemits) We both moved to Scotland for 6months in 2007 before going travelling and spending a year in Australia. This is were the problem begins...I need to get police certificates for every country i have lived in and also need to prove that i dont and didnt have a driver license in Queensland Austalia.(i cant drive but looks like that doesnt count ::) I didnt have a postal address whilst living in oz as i backpacked it most of the way..now i see they need and austalian address to prove i lived in the state!Argh im just about ready to pull my teeth out!
I thought our application would be straight forward so i went ahead and done my medical in march, got my police certs from the uk(still waiting on oz's)Filled out most of the paper work and have got loads of evidence together, now im worried my medical and police certs will expire?how long do i have?
My husbands current visa expires in Feb, so we are running out of time...if an act of god means my stuff from oz gets sorted and i apply next month, what do u think the chances of us getting the visa by feb? We have left this so late. but i thought it would be ok as i thought we were straight forward!? Has anyone else had any probs with applying for Canada and lived in Australia? If anyone can help us out with any advice please let me know!!
Im not sure if we are freaking out about something that we shouldnt.
Thanks so so much in advance!!
:-* xxx
Hey mic_midd86,

Welcome to the forum and the stressful world of CIC... I can't answer for every of your questions, but a few...

your medicals are good for one year, so no worries there. and there is a possibility to "extend" them ( but CIC decision, not yours) if needed, so I don't think you shoudl be stressed about it.

For the police certificates - I am not sure, but I think it depends on countries. As long as they are good when you send them, you shoudl be fine.

About the driving licence, I am not sure what you were referring to, as I didn't have to prove anything in my application ( but maybe that's linked to Australia, not to CIC actual process).

About the list of addresses - maybe you can explain that you backpacked the whole time so you didn't have a fixed address, but you could ask somebody in Australia if they would allow you to put their address - and explaining that you didn't have a fixed address but has "established residence" or something like this for practical purposes? jsut guessing tehre. There is an australia thread, maybe you could post your question there, they might be more familiar with the procedure.

Chances of getting the visa - that's difficult to say. You are currently looking at 3 months for stage one, and then anywhere between 2 months to 7 months for UK visa office... or more if your case is complicated. If not, then you might get approved before February. Also remember - as you are from a visa-exempt country, in february you could move to Canada and ask for a tourist visa, and wait out the PR there... you would not be allowed to work, and no health insurance, but it's still a possibility... and once you get the PR you can "land" at the nearest border or international airport...

Good luck with your application, and don't worry - the stress is very normal, it goes up and down, everybody goes through the same... don't hesitate to vent here on the forum, we all go through the same and you will find support...

best of luck!
Sweden

rebabe246

May 14, 2012
Rosie Lee said:
Yes, and sounds like your children are good to go! :D
thanks...can i just ask you another question? if i'm in canada; the immigration needed to talk to me would they actually contact me in canada.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
rebabe246 said:
thanks...can i just ask you another question? if i'm in canada; the immigration needed to talk to me would they actually contact me in canada.
If CIC contact you, they either write or more commonly, send emails, so i would make sure you keep your email address and if you've already informed them of your intention, then you should be OK. :)

debbie6986

Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-06-2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
visa ex
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 14th march 2013
LANDED..........
Already here
what a great thread!
i am in the finalising stages of my application. cant wait to have it sent off.
this forum has been so useful. its a relief to find others in the same boat. :)

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hello All,

I am new to this forum.
I sent in my app for spousal sponsorship March/2012, we are married and have a Canadian child together. I rec'd a letter from CPPO Ottawa for proof of medical (We did not complete the medical with the inital application sent).
My questions please are:
* Why was my application sent to Ottawa- My spouse currently resides in London, England.
*Does this mean my application will be processed once the medical form is rec'd
*If my spouse is out of status in the UK can we still have the application processed in the UK.

You input and advise is greatly appreciated.....thanks!

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
The mission continues - still haven't applied - it's taking so long to get everything in one place. Still must remain up beat :)

Today's question: I just noticed on form IMM54814E: Sponsorship evaluation that they say to include an original option-C. My girlfriend who is sponsoring me lived in the the UK with me for the last two years however and doesn't vae tax information for Canada? We will ask for it anyway (apparantly it takes 10 days) but any thoughts on what to do in our case? Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gideonj said:
The mission continues - still haven't applied - it's taking so long to get everything in one place. Still must remain up beat :)

Today's question: I just noticed on form IMM54814E: Sponsorship evaluation that they say to include an original option-C. My girlfriend who is sponsoring me lived in the the UK with me for the last two years however and doesn't vae tax information for Canada? We will ask for it anyway (apparantly it takes 10 days) but any thoughts on what to do in our case? Thanks
'

Hey gideonj,

If you haven't lived in Canada, I don' think that the option-C is very useful. I think you need to include information instead about your financial situation - see on the guideline, not everybody has to get an option-c, and if you don't ( or your gf) then you can include other documents - I think it is more relevant in your case.

Good luck,
Sweden

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Well our little baby arrived on Sunday.
We now need to contact CIC and inform them we now have a dependent. I am the CDN citizen so she automatically gets it from me.
Has anyone or anyone know of how to actually inform CIC of the birth and does it have an affect on our application?

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
scooper81 said:
We now need to contact CIC and inform them we now have a dependent. I am the CDN citizen so she automatically gets it from me.
Has anyone or anyone know of how to actually inform CIC of the birth and does it have an affect on our application?
Congratulations!! I don't know how to inform the CIC about the birth as our little guy was born before we filled our application. But if the baby was born outside of Canada then you should get on the proof of Canadian citizenship as soon as you can because it can take a while. Once you've got that then getting a passport is easy (aside from getting a teeny baby to lie still and look straight at the camera for the pictures!) Congratulations again! Now go get some sleep! ;)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
temmyt said:
Hello All,

I am new to this forum.
I sent in my app for spousal sponsorship March/2012, we are married and have a Canadian child together. I rec'd a letter from CPPO Ottawa for proof of medical (We did not complete the medical with the inital application sent).
My questions please are:
* Why was my application sent to Ottawa- My spouse currently resides in London, England.
*Does this mean my application will be processed once the medical form is rec'd
*If my spouse is out of status in the UK can we still have the application processed in the UK.

You input and advise is greatly appreciated.....thanks!
Hi temmyt,

I am by no means an expert here, and you will probably find more information on the March thread, but my understanding is that many of the March applicants sponsorship files were sent to Ottawa, presumably because Missagua was struggling. I guess they spotted the missing document when the started to process your file and requested you to supply it. Once they recieve it then Ottawa will approve you or your wife (not sure whos sponsoring who) as a sponsor and send it on to London for the second stage of processing, the applicant approval.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
gideonj said:

I sent my last P60 instead - keep smiling, putting the application is hard work - but then you get to enter the crazy obsessive world of ECAS addiction and postman/email stalking!!! ;D
Good luck x

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scooper81 said:
Congratulations for your baby, that's great! hope all is well with your family!
I don't think it affects your application ( only maybe positively) and I think you can send a "case specific enquiry" with your UCI asking to update your file, and see with them what they need - it might depend on your VO...

Congrats!
Sweden

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had interview today..

went good...

last step "Background checks" left n I'm done.