+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Sweden said:
Hey Rosie Lee,

is that where you are headed as well? From what I can see we both applied at the same time, and same VO, so we should have similar timeline! :)
now hoping for approval around the 10th of July :)
Enjoy the week end,
Sweden
Absolutely. We are currently looking for a house in either North Van or Port Moody area, somewhere we can see the trees. 8) Hoping for approval soon, or an AOR even sooner. Would love to know where they have sent the Aprils!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Thanks guys, I have been watching out for you aswell. It has been a great weekend.

We are going to Ontario. We have a temp place just outside of Toronto, we will stay there and build up a credit rating to get a mortgage for ourselves. We have already got bank accounts to get us started. Don't know if we will stay there or move somewhere else. I do like the wilderness but I also like the city.

Do you have a link for the April spread sheet? I only have the March one and Pink Lady's.

I have to go, hope you have a great weekend.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sway_in_de_wind said:
Thanks guys, I have been watching out for you aswell. It has been a great weekend.

We are going to Ontario. We have a temp place just outside of Toronto, we will stay there and build up a credit rating to get a mortgage for ourselves. We have already got bank accounts to get us started. Don't know if we will stay there or move somewhere else. I do like the wilderness but I also like the city.

Do you have a link for the April spread sheet? I only have the March one and Pink Lady's.

I have to go, hope you have a great weekend.
Hey sway,

here is the link for the april spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnHHo8yCde0sdFBRTDVManRkQmoyejhaTjBGdG8tUWc#gid=0 and the april thread is http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t100105.0.html;msg1572962#msg1572962

Good week end to you too!
Sweden

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Thanks sweeden

I didn't know there was an April thread. Just found a March one too.

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Sweden said:
not long indeed - it really feels like it's getting closer! We're moving to BC area, still debating between Victoria and Vancouver, depending on work possibilities of course... Going there in October, with or without PR! what about you?
Hi Sweden, is it possible to move over without your PR?! That could make things a lot simpler for us! Our plan was to move in Nov, but with the time Stage 1 is taking then who knows.... We're also aiming for BC, depending on jobs of course.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bryandd said:
Hi Sweden, is it possible to move over without your PR?! That could make things a lot simpler for us! Our plan was to move in Nov, but with the time Stage 1 is taking then who knows.... We're also aiming for BC, depending on jobs of course.
Hey Bryandd,

It depends! :) on the nationality mostly... if you have a Uk passport ( or any visa-exempt country), you can move with your partner to Canada, and wait out the rest of the PR... you enter ( if you're the principal applicant) as a tourist, at the border you can show that you are in the process of obtaining a PR, and they usually let you in and issue a tourist visa for 6 months. of course, with that, you can't work, have no health insurance etc so you need to be prepared for that... but you can still start "settling in" - and once the PR comes, you officially "land" as a PR ( nearest international airport, or border), and that's it! I think it's easier to do once the sponsorship has been approved, also because at least you have one part completed...

A lot of people are already in Canada waiting for their PR - the main problem is not being allowed to work.

For us, the plan is to move at the beginning of October... I'm the principal applicant, but I'm from a visa-exempt country, so I will move there, look for a house, make myself familiar, and start having a look at jobs, and as soon as I get my PR (if all goes well of course), then I can apply... I'm trying to "save time" on the installation process, and my partner can already apply for jobs, so in that sense it will also determine where we will be... Of course it is "taking a risk" as there is always a small risk that the PR is denied, but once the sponsorship is approved, I feel like it "reduces" the risk, because mostly what London is assessing is if the relationship is genuine... and I don't see red flags in my file... so I keep my fingers crossed!

I can see that your application got to CIC one day after ours, so we should hear from them at the same time, I wish you good luck! and I'll be looking at your progresses!

Best,
Sweden

rebabe246

May 14, 2012
still waiting on reply from cic. shows on cic web that they're processing app received on 29 feb has been showing this for past few weeks, getting frustrated! i would like to know that if i change my uk address and move to canada would my app take longer than usual to be completed. atleast if i move to canada my children can start school because they're canadian citezens. confused...

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
rebabe246 said:
still waiting on reply from cic. shows on cic web that they're processing app received on 29 feb has been showing this for past few weeks, getting frustrated! i would like to know that if i change my uk address and move to canada would my app take longer than usual to be completed. atleast if i move to canada my children can start school because they're canadian citezens. confused...
Hi Rebabe, you can go on a visitor visa (usually 6 months) anytime you like, it won't make any difference to your application times, other than in Postage times. Were your children born in Canada, or did you already go through the Proof of Citizenship process?

canucks78

May 29, 2012
Hi Rosie Lee

Can you tell me if your ECAS has been updated recently and says medical recieved as alittle worried mine doesnt and our dates are close.

Many thanks

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Hi Sweden, thanks for all that info! I'm the PA with the British passport and my husband is the Canadian (I've just hijacked his forum account/profile). We aren't expecting too many problems with the proof of relationship as we've been together 10 yrs, married 6, with 2 dogs and a son. The trickiest bit was demonstrating our intent to re-settle in Canada as we've lived in Scotland for so long.

I think its a great idea to just move. It makes it so much easier to plan your life: when you can move out of current accomodation, buy flights etc...We had thought about just leaving in November regardless of whether the visa has arrived, but I was worried that I could be turned away at the border if I didnt' have a return ticket, or if the visa application was flagged on the computer or something. Especially since there would be no hiding the fact that we were coming to settle as we'd have the dogs and 10 years worth of stuff! We don't mind too much about not being able to work for a while as I'm just finishing up a PhD and could do with some time to finalise some of the writing. In saying that I got an email today from someone at UBC asking if I'd like to come and do a talk about my work with the potential for getting a job :S Its all moving forward. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the visa process and how many March applicants have been approved that I forget that we're actually immigrating and we have jobs and houses to find!

Atleast we shouldn't be too far behind everyone else, it looks like there is nice little group of folks applying to London at the same time. Good luck to you too!

rebabe246

May 14, 2012
Rosie Lee said:
Hi Rebabe, you can go on a visitor visa (usually 6 months) anytime you like, it won't make any difference to your application times, other than in Postage times. Were your children born in Canada, or did you already go through the Proof of Citizenship process?
Thanks for your reply rosie. :) yes my children have been through the proof of citezenship process. they have their canadian citezenship cards and passport. my youngest doesn't have his canadian passport only card, so i'm thinking they should be able to attend school in canada. if i do go to canada do i need to notify the cic that i am in canada. assuming yes.

visairish

Jun 28, 2012
Hi everybody,
I'm just about to send my application away. I have one problem though, how do I pay the fees. I want to pay them online but can't find anywhere to do it. I can only find information about sending it in a bank draft. If I get a bank draft do I need any other form? Just to make sure, I have to pay $475 processing fee and $490 Right of Permanent Fee so $965 in total? I have been stuck at my desk for hours so I'm starting to over think things.
Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
visairish said:
Hi everybody,
I'm just about to send my application away. I have one problem though, how do I pay the fees. I want to pay them online but can't find anywhere to do it. I can only find information about sending it in a bank draft. If I get a bank draft do I need any other form? Just to make sure, I have to pay $475 processing fee and $490 Right of Permanent Fee so $965 in total? I have been stuck at my desk for hours so I'm starting to over think things.
Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much
Here you go my lovely...https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
From what I remember the fees are $1040 - processing $475, RPRF $490 + Sponsorship application $75

Good luck xx

visairish

Jun 28, 2012
Canooknic said:
Here you go my lovely...
From what I remember the fees are $1040 - processing $475, RPRF $490 + Sponsorship application $75

Good luck xx
You are very kind. I am very stressed out at the moment trying to get this sent but your email brought a big smile to my face. "Here you go my lovely". So nice :)

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Everyone! so here goes......I'm from Scotland my husband is Canadian, we have been together for 6years, lived together the whole time (as i met him whilst on a working holiday visa in banff, AB we stayed in staff accom)i ended up staying in Canada for 2years.(both years i had correct visa and work pemits) We both moved to Scotland for 6months in 2007 before going travelling and spending a year in Australia. This is were the problem begins...I need to get police certificates for every country i have lived in and also need to prove that i dont and didnt have a driver license in Queensland Austalia.(i cant drive but looks like that doesnt count ::) I didnt have a postal address whilst living in oz as i backpacked it most of the way..now i see they need and austalian address to prove i lived in the state!Argh im just about ready to pull my teeth out!
I thought our application would be straight forward so i went ahead and done my medical in march, got my police certs from the uk(still waiting on oz's)Filled out most of the paper work and have got loads of evidence together, now im worried my medical and police certs will expire?how long do i have?
My husbands current visa expires in Feb, so we are running out of time...if an act of god means my stuff from oz gets sorted and i apply next month, what do u think the chances of us getting the visa by feb? We have left this so late. but i thought it would be ok as i thought we were straight forward!? Has anyone else had any probs with applying for Canada and lived in Australia? If anyone can help us out with any advice please let me know!!
Im not sure if we are freaking out about something that we shouldnt.
Thanks so so much in advance!!
:-* xxx