+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Hi everyone

Now that I've been in Canada almost 4 months (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I would like to get some everyday things up and running...such as developing digital photos!! Anyone know of a good website from which to order photos? I'd prefer if they mail them you rather than having to go pick em up.

Thanks!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Daisies said:
Hi everyone

Now that I've been in Canada almost 4 months (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I would like to get some everyday things up and running...such as developing digital photos!! Anyone know of a good website from which to order photos? I'd prefer if they mail them you rather than having to go pick em up.

Thanks!
Walmart will send them to you if you pay online. I think Shoppers Drug Mart does too :)

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Thanks Sweden, yeah married 8 years, husband lived there for 9 years and we got married there. He just never got his citizenship and we moved to the UK so he could join the armed forces (UK). we are expecting our first baby in a month. All of our families live in Canada so it's kinda like going home for both of us. We sent our original application in to CIC in Feb and it felt like we were waiting ages. Hopefully since he lived there, did high school there and we got married there it should be a pretty simple case. I just wasn't sure if it was that straightforward with the London office, will it be a case of ok their package/application is pretty straightforward or is it one of these wait while they go through each and every case with a fine toothed comb. I am eager to get home with our little girl so her grandparents don't miss her growing up.

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Good luck Imran and yasin. What about yameen ?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
parker24 said:
Walmart will send them to you if you pay online. I think Shoppers Drug Mart does too :)
Thanks! I've heard so many complain about Walmarts prints being bad, but ill look to shoppers drug mart!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011

Hi Everyone!

I have now been in Canada for 3 weeks and I thought I would give everyone my landing experience and how I have got on setting everything up.

Background : Coming in on a common law visa. Partner is Canadian and came over 4 weeks before me to get us a set up in an apartment.

Experience : Got on the plane ok. Everyone really nice when they saw my paperwork....maybe Scotland just wanted to get rid of me! The flight itself was ok. When I landed at Pearson, Toronto, I had my landing card filled out and had my passport and COPR, at passport control the officer asked me for my stamp in my passport. I had to explain we were a visa exempt country and the COPR was my visa, he seemed a little unsure but told me to go through to the Immigration hall. I was lucky, there were only 2 people in the queue in front of me. when I got called forward they all seemed to be taking a long time. My time was quick, the only thing that was a slight issue was that my COPR stated I was born in Northern Ireland when I was born in Scotland (I had contacted London as soon as I got my COPR and they had told me to tell the officer on landing). Everything went smoothly I would say less than 10 minutes. On the way to baggage reclaim I was told to go through the New Immigrant section where they gave me a bag full of useful leaflets and brochures. Then I grabbed my bags and went through customs. Because I was landing as an immigrant they sent me through to the right and through the "very scary" customs section. Having read through these forums quite a bit I had filled out my B forms already and had them to hand over (POINT OF NOTE - DONT FORGET TOTAL THE VALUE AS WELL) . The officer was lovely and that only took about 10 minutes. There was another guy immigrating too and he hadn't filled all his forms in, so I would recommend doing that in advance as I breezed through.

So to be honest landing was great, and it was lovely to walk through those doors and see my partner!

I arrived on the Friday of Victoria Weekend so it wasn't until the following Tuesday that I could set about getting started. I first went to get my Health Card, they need something with proof of your address on it for that, so I had to leave that one just now. I went to the Social Insurance centre in my city and was sent away from there too as the wouldn't accept my COPR and said they needed to wait till I got my PR card. I was sure that was wrong but I was too exhausted to argue. My partner and I went up the the Drivers Centre and they were so nice, I exchanged my UK driving licence to a Canadian one and they didn't require anything except my passport and COPR. I looked at my info pack again and decided to go to the Service Canada office on Wednesday and try again. Since I had my paper license with my address on it I was able to get my Helath Card easily (again the people were really nice), however, they did say that it took longer as this was only the second time that they had seen the COPR without the passport stamp. After getting my Health Card set up we went back to the Social Insuracne centre. It was a different person and she took me straight away, however again this was only the second time she had seen the COPR without stamp. Since then I have now received my SIN card and my drivers licence. I'm still waiting on my PR card and Health card but everything seems to be moving along. I started applying for jobs straight away and start work a week today. It might not be the best job but it's money coming in while I look for something better.

I have to say that I am suprised how comfortable I feel and haven't really missed home yet. So glad I made the move.

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
Hi guys.

So...I finally got the letter from London, telling me my application is in the final stage. A decision has been made.
They asked for copies of my passport (all pages), an addressed return envelope, my updated information, and more pictures.
I take this as a very good sign (practically done), and have been waiting for the postman to show up, so I can leave Canada, and finally land.
Now it's been a month, since I mailed everything they asked for, and I haven't heard a word yet. Tracking through Canada post is a pain in the butt.....doesn't work at all, as soon as th letter leaves Canada. Save your money on that.
Anyone have any experience with the final stage....how long does it usually take ?

Thanks.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dancanman said:
Hi guys.

So...I finally got the letter from London, telling me my application is in the final stage. A decision has been made.
They asked for copies of my passport (all pages), an addressed return envelope, my updated information, and more pictures.
I take this as a very good sign (practically done), and have been waiting for the postman to show up, so I can leave Canada, and finally land.
Now it's been a month, since I mailed everything they asked for, and I haven't heard a word yet. Tracking through Canada post is a pain in the butt.....doesn't work at all, as soon as th letter leaves Canada. Save your money on that.
Anyone have any experience with the final stage....how long does it usually take ?

Thanks.
hey dancanman,

I don't know if it works, but most of the times you can track international letters on a different website. Same for me when I sent my application to Canada - my national post would only trace it until it left Sweden, but no further. After that you can trace it on http://www.trackingnumber.org/ and see when it has been delivered and signed for ( if that was required).

I can't answer on the final stage as I am not there yet, but wish you all the best!
Good luck,
Sweden

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks ;)

I tried the tracker, and that made me e-mail London right away.
That thing says, my documents are in Australia ?????
That's not what I needed to hear, but I hope the tracker is messed up, and it has been delivered to London after all. We'll see if London will reply.

Dancanman.

Sweden said:
hey dancanman,

I don't know if it works, but most of the times you can track international letters on a different website. Same for me when I sent my application to Canada - my national post would only trace it until it left Sweden, but no further. After that you can trace it on http://www.trackingnumber.org/ and see when it has been delivered and signed for ( if that was required).

I can't answer on the final stage as I am not there yet, but wish you all the best!
Good luck,
Sweden

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, so we received an email a few days ago to say my wife has been approved as my sponsor and that my file has been sent to London for further processing. Happy days!! Because we are in Québec we have to send forms off now to MICC so the provincial government accept us aswell. Looking on the CIC site today, our status has been changed to decision made. Is this purely for the sponsorship part and we have to wait for another decision to be made by London, or, are we now just waiting on the government of Quebec?

For sure, there is an explanation on the CIC site but its not that clear.

Visanews :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sorry to hear that!! I hope it is an error from the website! didn't mean to cause extra worry... it worked for me ( I would trace my application to Mississauga that way). At the same time - if your documents are in Australia it's best to know it as soon as possible, and hopefully you will get an answer from London soon enough.
Good luck!
Sweden

dancanman said:
Thanks ;)

I tried the tracker, and that made me e-mail London right away.
That thing says, my documents are in Australia ?????
That's not what I needed to hear, but I hope the tracker is messed up, and it has been delivered to London after all. We'll see if London will reply.

Dancanman.

Jonnysion

Dec 14, 2011
Quick question for anyone in similar situation as me.

My online status has just been updated to
"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

We have been receiving any previous info requests from London by email up to now, but nothing so far concerning the above decision.
So my question is: are they likely to request passport by email, or by regular mail? Also, if they use regular mail then will they send this letter to my home/UK address or to our Canadian correspondence address provided on the application?

Thanks in advance, my stomach is in knots awaiting the news! :(

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
I got the request to send copy of passport by E-mail.

Jonnysion said:
Quick question for anyone in similar situation as me.

My online status has just been updated to
"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

We have been receiving any previous info requests from London by email up to now, but nothing so far concerning the above decision.
So my question is: are they likely to request passport by email, or by regular mail? Also, if they use regular mail then will they send this letter to my home/UK address or to our Canadian correspondence address provided on the application?

Thanks in advance, my stomach is in knots awaiting the news! :(

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

got email today from LVO, they called me for interview.

Scary :eek: