+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Hey Pinklady,

Good to have you back. Have you been on your holidays?

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
not sure if anyone here can answer me this but its just a general uk-canadian question...

Does anyone know how a British degree classification would be transferred for a canadian equivalent?

Just for the purposes of my resume, found out I got a 2:1 and after posting it on facebook, all the Canadians I know were asking what it was, so guessing they don't have that system so employers won't know what it means!

Thanks! :)

beckywindley

May 30, 2012
sway_in_de_wind -
It's just a typo. I typed too quickly ;) It was November 2011 that it was submitted.

It was delayed a bit though because they asked for a different copy of our marriage certificate. But then when they got it, there was less than a week turn around before the "Decision Made" showed up!

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally sponsorship approval ;D received via email on 30th May!! Time to sit and wait some more.............................. but at least the first part is done!!

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Hi everyone!

I'm checking over my PR application for last minute fixes and then I am sending it off to England tomorrow (I hope!!). This forum has been pretty useful in helping me, I have browsed through a few topics that I had questions about... I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes on!

Looking forward to sharing my experience with everyone!

usewes

Jul 4, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/03/2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
sponsor approval finally came through!! Now for the next round...come on London!!!!

I've tried logging into UCAS, but keep getting the screen that says no details found. Is there normally a delay in updating UCAS after getting email confirmation? Any experiences?

usewes

Jul 4, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/03/2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
antz21 said:
Hi everyone!

I'm checking over my PR application for last minute fixes and then I am sending it off to England tomorrow (I hope!!). This forum has been pretty useful in helping me, I have browsed through a few topics that I had questions about... I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes on!

Looking forward to sharing my experience with everyone!
Welcome!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
beckywindley

Phew... guess you were just too excited ;D
We are estimating that we should get our sponsor approval through around my girlfriends birthday in two weeks if we arein line with the luckier ones who have sent their stuff in March.

ps we dont live far from you, we are just the other side of the Mersey.

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hey guys, I posted here four months ago when my hubby re-did his medicals so we got an email a couple days ago to come n get the COPR!!! he's going to get it in two weeks! SO overjoyed and an unbelievable moment after 2.5 yrs of processing we finally can be together..!! I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
Hi,

I am really confused by the guidance documents that I've got my hands on.

The Canadian version of family sponsorship guidance asks for photocopies to be "notarised" by a magistrate etc but the Western Europe version does not.

What have you done???

Many thanks!

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
hi pinklady finally i send my passport to cic islamabad my visa office was london but my uk visa expired in april i inform cic london that i am going to pakistan .cic london e mail me at 27 may that you send your passport to islamabad .thnks to all friends for help and soon yameen and yasiin get there ppr

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
imran 901 said:
hi pinklady finally i send my passport to cic islamabad my visa office was london but my uk visa expired in april i inform cic london that i am going to pakistan .cic london e mail me at 27 may that you send your passport to islamabad .thnks to all friends for help and soon yameen and yasiin get there ppr
Congrats Imran, Its really a very good news. Mine is on the way right now. I talked to Canadian embassy in Stockholm the other day and they told me they are ready to issue the visa but my medicals has expired on 30th of May so i had to redo it again in order for them to issue the visa so while i was trying to make an appointment for medical the new operational bulletin has come into effect as of first June 2012 that an immigration officer can request for reassassment of a medical file to panel physicians for issuance of medical certificate for additional 12 months and i contacted the vo london about it and they have already requested it so i am just waiting for renewal and ppr soon. And i ended up not redoing the medical. Fingers crossed right now. Congrats again Imran

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Hi everyone, we just got our email saying I was approved to sponsor my husband on May 31st and the application is off to London. We sent in the medical and as far as I know all the documentation. I know the CIC website says 7 months but does anyone know if they are actually taking this long or am I just being hopeful?
My husband was a PR 8 years ago but when we moved back to the UK he had to give it up so we have had to go through the whole sponsorship route. He did high school in Canada and we were married there 8 years ago. Does anyone know the actual process they do at the London office? I feel very out of the loop.

coolmoose

Jun 2, 2012
Hi all,

About to send pack off for common-law sponsorship to CIC-M in the next week. A brief background:

I'm Irish, my girlfriend since January last year is Canadian, studying in Ireland. We met in Ireland, and have been living together since June of last year. We're both late 20's. She will graduate from university here in June next year.

I spent all of last December in Ontario with her family, and she has spent many weekends etc. with my family, at family events etc.

We have included the following in the application pack:

1. All forms completed, latest versions, validated, barcoded pages on top
2. Copies of utility bills, some with both names, other's individual but addressed to same address
3. Copies of birth cert, passport etc for me
4. Copy of her passport, GNIB (immigration) card for Ireland
5. Printouts of scanned copies of all cards and letters sent between us since we met, and cards sent by family and friends to our address, wedding invite for my friends wedding last June
6. Copies of some of my mobile phone bills and bill usage prints showing texts/calls to her daily in Ireland
7. Skype log - incomplete - have from Jan to May 2011, and Dec 2011 to current - lost period in-between due to a computer crash in Dec.
8. Copies of flight itineraries for trips to Paris, London, and Canada last year
9. Copies of hotel bookings in Paris, London, Ireland
10. Copy of front page of tenancy agreement, tenancy registration letters to our address
11. Screenshots of my Gmail account showing regular email contact
12. Copy of my next-of-kin emergency contact details in work showing my gf as contact person
13. Copies of tickets to sports matches, events that we attended together etc.
14. 95 photos all labelled on back with date, description and location since we met, incl. photos of us with each others families
15. Medical is booked for next week, and will include that
16. Payment receipt is included
17. Copy of my will showing my gf as my sole beneficiary
18. Copy of application letter for joint bank account - we are only just opening one now to begin saving, as we are looking to leave Ireland when she graduates in June 2013.
19. 3 witnessed, notarised statutory declarations from my parents, my brother and his fiancee, and my partner in work (work in a 2 person setting with the same person the past 2.5 years), and also 2 from her parents, and supporting letters from friends on both sides (not notarised).
20. An essay I wrote on the development of our relationship, and my plans for the future with her (3 pages)
21. A statement by me outlining how I plan to support myself - I work in a regulated profession and have begun the equivalency/recognition of qualifications route with the regulatory bodies in both Ontario and Manitoba. Because my gf is a student in Ireland, and will not have earned an income in 4 years by the time we move, I plan to have saved $10-12,000 CAD to support us in the beginning, but she will be going straight into a job paying $45-50,000 next July in Canada.

Is there anything else we could do to strengthen our application?

Anything we're forgetting?

Any advise/comments?

Thanks in advance!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scooper81 said:
Hi everyone, we just got our email saying I was approved to sponsor my husband on May 31st and the application is off to London. We sent in the medical and as far as I know all the documentation. I know the CIC website says 7 months but does anyone know if they are actually taking this long or am I just being hopeful?
My husband was a PR 8 years ago but when we moved back to the UK he had to give it up so we have had to go through the whole sponsorship route. He did high school in Canada and we were married there 8 years ago. Does anyone know the actual process they do at the London office? I feel very out of the loop.
Hey Scooper81, congratulations on sponsorship approval! when was your application received in CIC ? February, or march?
For london - looking at the sreapdsheet, some cases are approved faster - 7 months is average for 80% of cases completed. Some members of the forum got approval from London in 3 months, so it all depends on how straightforward your case is, but if you have been married for 8 years, and living together all that time, I suppose it should go fast enough - but then of course - I don't know your file, so, difficult to say...

Good luck in any case!
Sweden