+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Jan 3, 2011
Southampton, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27-07-2012
Hi Caddboy.

I have had the acknowledgement email and now sponsorship confrimation.

We sent our applicaiton Feb 19th it was received 21st. first email was like this.....

Subject Heading: Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about FXXXXXXXXX

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: Fxxxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Andrea,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/02/21.

etc, etc stuff afterwards

hope this helps.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
great news finally received ppr request from cic london thanks to all who spouted me special thanks for pinklady and zaig. pinklady could you pls update at sheet ppr request at 23 may 2012 i have a question my visa office is cic london but my uk visa was expire at 30 april now i am in pakistan .so how can i send my passport from pakistan to cic london .cic london doesnot accept international couriers and post office so very tens how can i send my passport from pakistan to london .cic london give me 30 day deadline

parikhp

Apr 13, 2012
London
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2010
Doc's Request.
25-03-2010 DOCUMENTS SENT ON 18-05-2010
AOR Received.
11-07-2010
IELTS Request
DONE BEFORE REQUEST GOT 8.5
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012 REACHED LONDON VISA OFFICE ON 22-03-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-7-2012 ( ECAS- Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Mostly in December
imran 901 said:
great news finally received ppr request from cic london thanks to all who spouted me special thanks for pinklady and zaig. pinklady could you pls update at sheet ppr request at 23 may 2012 i have a question my visa office is cic london but my uk visa was expire at 30 april now i am in pakistan .so how can i send my passport from pakistan to cic london .cic london doesnot accept international couriers and post office so very tens how can i send my passport from pakistan to london .cic london give me 30 day deadline

Congrats buddy on your passport request .....I am not sure but I have read post tht ppl from UAE, Pakistan post their passports to London..... did u receive passport request by post or email ???

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Caddyboy
I am in same position as you but 4 and a bit weeks behind. I only have confirmation that it was received because Royal Mail said it was signed for. Ours was sent on 19th March and received on 21st March.

Deficient
Is there a spread sheet for people who applied in March?

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
parikhp said:
Congrats buddy on your passport request .....I am not sure but I have read post tht ppl from UAE, Pakistan post their passports to London..... did u receive passport request by post or email ???
thanks i received ppr request by e mail

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Read pm i replied u

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Weegie said:
French serve you very well in Canada - I can't speak a word lol. (Well, maybe standard grade level but that's it). Another thing you might want to do some reading on is the Canadian tax system - you have to file your own tax return for your income and figure out if your deductions are accurate or not. It's pretty easy but takes a bit of getting used to - so you might just want to make sure you know what's what before you have to do it next year. You could also start preparing a resume etc. just so you can start applying for jobs right off the bat. Your partner can obviously help you with a lot of stuff but there are things you won't think of till you're here. So if you need advice re winding up your bank accounts in the UK, exchanging drivers licence, getting health coverage or insurance (that's important), the best bank accounts in Canada, sending money home etc. etc. let me know and I can tell you. I have figured out a lot of tricks especially cheap ways of doing things haha.

If you are moving over in September you shouldn't have to wait too long after that to get your PR, maybe 3 more months, so it shouldn't be too bad. It will give you a chance to look for work here and figure out what you want to do.

Any help required, just ask! Good luck!
yeah I'm the same just standard grade level and have always wished I had worked on it more, especially now we are moving to Canada it would be great! Yeah we filled taxes twice so far and it was so confusing but I think we have got the hang of it now! :) Our situations weird because my boyfriend is a Canadian citizen with dual nationality for Scotland but he moved to Scotland when he was only 3 years old when his parents split, then in 2010 I decided to do a university exchange to Canada and he obviously came with me for the year and he worked while I studied. So we actually have some canadian bank accounts and stuff already in place! :) so not too much settling in to do when we get back

will have to look into exchanging our licenses and stuff though, hopefully its easy enough! and health care/insurance as last time mines was provided from the university! Will definitely look at the difference between a resume and CV though, see what needs changing!

Thanks for the offer of help I'm sure there will come a time we need it haha.

And lets hope if we go september its only a 3 month wait! (although not to be pessimistic but thinking it will be more likely 5 :( )

dysonjonathan

Jan 22, 2010
Thanks NevilleUK...and congrats!!! Hopefully our application will be quick too. We do have a very straight forward situation I believe. Hopefully this will help speed up the process.

Did you have to do an interview?

I'm in the US, but a British citizen, so I'm going to file through London because of the speedier times...the only downside being if they call me for an interview I have to fly back.

Any words of advice from your experience?

Cheers pal.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran 901 said:
thanks i received ppr request by e mail
congrats Imran901 for ur ppr ;D
so what you doing with sending ur passport to LVO??

guys .. anyone please tell me how could I know my file transfer date from mississauga to LVO?

thanks

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
dysonjonathan said:
Thanks NevilleUK...and congrats!!! Hopefully our application will be quick too. We do have a very straight forward situation I believe. Hopefully this will help speed up the process.

Did you have to do an interview?

I'm in the US, but a British citizen, so I'm going to file through London because of the speedier times...the only downside being if they call me for an interview I have to fly back.

Any words of advice from your experience?

Cheers pal.
Hiya,

No, we didn't have to do an interview. From being part of this thread for the last few months, it seems that people VERY rarely get interviewed, and as long as you can see no reason why you might be interviewed then I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you did want to look into it though, maybe try searching this forum for reasons why people have been interviewed to put your mind at ease.

One bit of advice I can give is to make sure that you have included everything that was asked for. Maybe read through the guide to applying again. We read through the guide again and realised that we'd forgotten to get two notarised letters of statutory declaration from friends / relatives. Once we realised, we quickly got them sorted and sent in so as not to delay our application process. Other than that, I can't really offer any other advice other than to try to put it all out of your mind and get on with your life until you hear something. The wait can be quite agonising at times.

Anyway, good luck to you and please don't hesitate to get in contact with me (or the forum in general) if you need any more help or advice on anything. I'm certainly no expert, but there are plenty of others on this thread who have a much better knowledge of the process than me.

Neville.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys :). Just a question about the medical for my uk partner's visa,does it have to be done before the application is sent in? I've heard different things. Someone has told me that because the application is sent to Canada first for me to be checked out as a sponsor that the medical can be done after the application is ent in as long as the results get to London on time. Or is that wrong and it has to be done before? Thanks very much!!

bally21

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
It's recommeded to do it before you send the application!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
canuck_in_uk

Hi, I am sponsoring my girlfriend and we sent out application to Ontario on 19th March 12 . I hear most people say send everything together but we did not know this when we sent ours, we did not include her medical with the rest of the application. Instead we waited about one month as we didn't want to have to pay for a second. It appears the more current it is the less likely it is (if all is ok) you will be asked to take a second medical, but at the same time we didn't want it to hold up our application. It was estimated by the doctor that the results would take about a month to be ready at that particular practic.

We explained to the doctor the stage we were at and they said that they would send everything direct to London to save time. They said that they do this quite regularly. We explained that we didn't have any ref numbers yet for them to put it on the envilope in order for the medical to be matched up with the rest of the file, again they said that didn't matter its been no problem in the past.

Looking at the time frames our medical should be in London any time now and hopfully we will get sponsor approval in the next three weeks. Fingers crossed. The doctors practice we used has been doing these medicals for over 30 years and seems to know what they are talking about. But I will have to wait and see for myself. If there are any problems I will post them on here, but we will not know for a few weeks yet.

Hope this helps

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks sway_in_de_wind. I was a bit worried cause we want to send off the app end of this week and we couldn't find an appointment by then. But my partner has just managed to get an appointment for end of the week, so it will be done the day we send it off :). Hope your sponsor approval comes thru soon!

sway_in_de_wind said:
canuck_in_uk

Hi, I am sponsoring my girlfriend and we sent out application to Ontario on 19th March 12 . I hear most people say send everything together but we did not know this when we sent ours, we did not include her medical with the rest of the application. Instead we waited about one month as we didn't want to have to pay for a second. It appears the more current it is the less likely it is (if all is ok) you will be asked to take a second medical, but at the same time we didn't want it to hold up our application. It was estimated by the doctor that the results would take about a month to be ready at that particular practic.

We explained to the doctor the stage we were at and they said that they would send everything direct to London to save time. They said that they do this quite regularly. We explained that we didn't have any ref numbers yet for them to put it on the envilope in order for the medical to be matched up with the rest of the file, again they said that didn't matter its been no problem in the past.

Looking at the time frames our medical should be in London any time now and hopfully we will get sponsor approval in the next three weeks. Fingers crossed. The doctors practice we used has been doing these medicals for over 30 years and seems to know what they are talking about. But I will have to wait and see for myself. If there are any problems I will post them on here, but we will not know for a few weeks yet.

Hope this helps

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
NevilleUK said:
Hiya,

No, we didn't have to do an interview. From being part of this thread for the last few months, it seems that people VERY rarely get interviewed, and as long as you can see no reason why you might be interviewed then I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you did want to look into it though, maybe try searching this forum for reasons why people have been interviewed to put your mind at ease.

One bit of advice I can give is to make sure that you have included everything that was asked for. Maybe read through the guide to applying again. We read through the guide again and realised that we'd forgotten to get two notarised letters of statutory declaration from friends / relatives. Once we realised, we quickly got them sorted and sent in so as not to delay our application process. Other than that, I can't really offer any other advice other than to try to put it all out of your mind and get on with your life until you hear something. The wait can be quite agonising at times.

Hi Neville....Could you tell me what you mean by "two notarised letters of statutory declaration from friends / relatives." Where on the guide does it state this :(