+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!

Its been a while since Ive been on since hearing my good news :p I just had a question that maybe anyone who's landed could answer? It has on my visa that our destination is Kelowna, BC and it says in the instructions we have to adhere to what is on the visa. We are landing in Montreal and visiting my hubbys family on PEI for 2 weeks (we will both have our flights back to BC after that). Do you think that will be a problem because we are not initially going where we say we are going?

Thanks all!

Anna :D

canadiali

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 December 2011
AOR Received.
21 February 2012
File Transfer...
13 April 2012
Med's Done....
November 2011
Colleen38 said:
OMG!!! Just got off the phone - they have confirmed that I have been approved as a sponsor and an email was supposed to have been sent on 17 March, but I haven't received anything yet. They confirmed that this may take up to 5 days to reach me. The guy I spoke with was extremely helpful and I now have a client id number and know that my file is off to London!

Woop Woop!

Pinklady can you please update spreadsheet - approval received 17 March!

Yaay! ;D
Fantastic news! I am so happy for you Colleen 38 :) I too called today and they said that the 55 days to approval is counted from the date of AOR. Everytime a different story, but I am feeling hopeful again as we are not yet at the mark. Back to the positive thinking and patiently waiting!

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hello Pinklady

Its been long time since my interview was approved and i have not heard back anything yet. I want to contact with the London VO regarding my application. Do you have any email address on which i send my inquiry over?
Thanks

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Dear Yasin,

I know how anxious you are but please don not send them multiple enquiries as this may delay things. Anyway this is there link to contact

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

Good luck bro

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
ahm2299 said:
Dear Yasin,

I know how anxious you are but please don not send them multiple enquiries as this may delay things. Anyway this is there link to contact

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

Good luck bro
Thanks Ahm. I have sent one two weeks ago and they did not respond to me yet so i thought that i might have sent it to wrong address.

luckyinlove

Nov 27, 2011
Hello, this inquiry is for PINKLADY or any other NON EU applicants on the forum, I have a few questions that I was hoping someone would be able to help me get some answers to.
The situation is that:
1) I am a Canadian Citizen and my OH is from GHANA(west africa) residing in the UK as a permanent residence with a visa(still has time left on Visa).
2.)In October I went back to the UK and we want to Ghana to get married.
We got our sponsor approval on Jan.10/2012 but to date have not received any updates on ECAS and have not been contacted for any additional information and we sent an email to London just to confirm our address and contact info but still no reply. My question is that being a NON-EU resident, does it effect processing times and also does the fact that we got married in a foreign country(Ghana)impact the length of processing and if so BY HOW LONG would it add to normal processing as well as background checks from foreign country. If anyone can shed some light on this for me that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and good luck to all that are still waiting and congratulations to those who have gotten through.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi Luckyinlove,
Non EU applicants definitely take longer time to process, I think due to background checks taking longer. The fact that you havent heard anything yet is normal. Does your ecas just say 'we received your application to sponsor xxx on xxx' or words to that effect?
I think you getting married in ghana won't effect the processing times, only the fact that he is not from the EU.
Average processing times for UK and EU applicants is about 4-5 months total. I think you are looking at 7-9 months total, possibly as long as a year. However just remember this is much faster than the Accra VO.
Hopefully this helps. You have a fairly long wait on your hands, but it'll be worth it in the end :)

luckyinlove

Nov 27, 2011
Thank you so much PINKLADY for your response. On ECAS it just says APPLICATION RECEIVED, and we received XXX application for Permanent Residency on Oct 31. and also is the 7-9 total inclusive of this date(0ct.31) which is when we sent the application. Not the best news but I guess the upside is at least we now know why people below us on the spreadsheet are getting COPR and descions made before us. WE JUST WANT TO BE TOGETHER>URRRRRRRRGH :'( :'(.
Due to the recent update on this processing for NON EU residents I wanted to pick your brain OR ANYONE ELSES who would have any helpful info:
We want to apply for visitor visa for him to come here(he has a ghana passport) for a vist, my birthdy is next month, I cant get the time of from work to go there because Im in a new job so what would our chances be of getting approved. We had applied for one for him last July but only on the status that he was a family friend, and we were denied based on some bogus excuses(one of them being that they dont think he can afford to buy a ticket...and blah blah blah) but since we are married now we would update that on the application and send a copy of our marriage license. Also he doesnt work because of his status but he takes care of his neices and nephews and I can prove with western union slips that i support him so I would be able to support him while he was here and i would also get a ticket reserved with a return date to show that he will be going back to await the completion of Permanent Resident visa. IS THERE ANY ADVISE YOU CAN GIVE US AS TO COMPLETING THE VISA THIS TIME AROUND FOR A BETTER CHANCE OF SUCESS. Thank you so much.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Yasiin said:
Hello Pinklady

Its been long time since my interview was approved and i have not heard back anything yet. I want to contact with the London VO regarding my application. Do you have any email address on which i send my inquiry over?
Thanks
You can try this address
re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
luckyinlove - The 7-9 months starts from when you submitted the application to Mississauga in October. Just remember it could take up to a year, or even longer.

I am not sure you will be successful in obtaining a visit visa for him. A return ticket is not usually enough proof that he will return. Especially now since you are married and you have a PR application in process, immigration may suspect he doesnt plan on returning to Ghana. Its worth trying though, send as much proof as you can of ties to his home country. Just don't get your hopes up.

Good luck :)

CAnAngel

Mar 20, 2012
pinklady said:
luckyinlove - The 7-9 months starts from when you submitted the application to Mississauga in October. Just remember it could take up to a year, or even longer.

I am not sure you will be successful in obtaining a visit visa for him. A return ticket is not usually enough proof that he will return. Especially now since you are married and you have a PR application in process, immigration may suspect he doesnt plan on returning to Ghana. Its worth trying though, send as much proof as you can of ties to his home country. Just don't get your hopes up.

Good luck :)
It's strange, last time my hubby (then fiance) came for a visit, we had a lovely (!) interview with the immigration officer who was suspecting my fiance was trying to immigrate illegally (we brought loads of stuff back - our mistake), but the immigration officer did say that if we had an application in the system, they wouldn't be so suspicious, because they would then know that we are doing things legitimately. IT would then have been a dual-intent entry into Canada. Not sure it is the same for visitors from Ghana though (my husband is from the UK)

CAnAngel

Mar 20, 2012
Pinklady, how do I add my onfo on the tracking spreadsheet? Documents submitted 16 Mar 2012, received in Mississauga 20 Mar 2012.

Thanks! :)

Y

yameen

Hi all its me (embarrassed) im the last one waiting. Sobsob
So nothing so far for my husband :mad:. I had contacted mr sandhu our MP a month ago.he attached a response from VO yday which basically said we are waiting background verification for my husband once the results come we will contact him.
So here we are.wondering what sort of backgroud verification takes 8 mnths wen in the initial notes said we both have clean history.
Anywhooo ill take my pity party outa here.

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Hey everyone, just a quick update - my partner received his COPR in the post on Friday (16th March)! It had been sent out on Wednesday the 14th - the day before our ECAS updated to 'Decision Made'. :)

Pinklady...please can you update the spreadsheet?

I've waited so long to say that! :D

Thanks to everyone for all the amazing help along the way :) x