+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
xebex said:
you are making me feel so much better! So if you apply outland even if you are living in Canada, is it allowed or frowned upon. For instance if they some how find out that you applied outland even though you were inland will you be in trouble?
Outland only means the visa office processing the application, not your physical location. It is perfectly acceptable to apply outland while staying in Canada. Many people do this, myself included. You can definitely wait until you've reached the 1 year of living together. Its not a problem.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Colleen38 said:
Feeling very depressed today - website says working on apps received 25 January ... mine was signed for on the 5th of January and I still have nothing! I'm starting to really worry that there is something wrong with my application.... I'm hoping it is something as simple as an incorrect email address or something. Now that it is finally past my date, then I can ring again, and hopefully this time someone can help me!!!

Wish me luck!
Good luck! I can understand why you're worried, just call up and find out whats going on xx

canadiali

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 December 2011
AOR Received.
21 February 2012
File Transfer...
13 April 2012
Med's Done....
November 2011
Colleen38 said:
Feeling very depressed today - website says working on apps received 25 January ... mine was signed for on the 5th of January and I still have nothing! I'm starting to really worry that there is something wrong with my application.... I'm hoping it is something as simple as an incorrect email address or something. Now that it is finally past my date, then I can ring again, and hopefully this time someone can help me!!!

Wish me luck!

Hi Colleen38, I know how you feel. Our application was received on 23 December and we have still not had Sponsorship Approval. We I call up CIC to check they say that there is no problem they can see with the application and there are delays in Missassauga and to call back in 2 weeks if we still haven't heard. I am trying to just get on with things and have faith that it will happen eventually. It does worry me though that others are recieving approval and we hear nothing. Each Monday I wake up and think 'this week'!

Colleen38

Oct 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2012
Thanks for the support! Makes me feel somewhat better but don't understand what happened with the 2 people who submitted theirs after mine and have been approved for 3-4 weeks already??? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason...

Anyway, planning on calling this afternoon so hopefully I can get some answers!
xx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Colleen38 said:
Anyway, planning on calling this afternoon so hopefully I can get some answers!
xx
Fingers crossed for good news :)

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
similar situation for me! I rang up the other day (before they updated it to say working on applications received X day and mine wasnt past this mine was received the 13th) they said to call back when it was past it.. so it changed to the 25th and I call ed up. No record of the application on file yet but it can take up to 2 weeks they said.. and to call back then. seems to be their standard answer to get you off their backs..

Colleen38

Oct 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2012
OMG!!! Just got off the phone - they have confirmed that I have been approved as a sponsor and an email was supposed to have been sent on 17 March, but I haven't received anything yet. They confirmed that this may take up to 5 days to reach me. The guy I spoke with was extremely helpful and I now have a client id number and know that my file is off to London!

Woop Woop!

Pinklady can you please update spreadsheet - approval received 17 March!

Yaay! ;D

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Colleen38 said:
OMG!!! Just got off the phone - they have confirmed that I have been approved as a sponsor and an email was supposed to have been sent on 17 March, but I haven't received anything yet. They confirmed that this may take up to 5 days to reach me. The guy I spoke with was extremely helpful and I now have a client id number and know that my file is off to London!

Woop Woop!

Yaay! ;D
Thats great news! :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Colleen38 said:

Woop Woop!

Yaay! ;D
Great stuff! I have updated the spreadsheet :)

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Pinklady, I have been waiting for what seems like forever to be able to write this - according to ecas as of this morning - DECISION MADE!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
shudda said:
Pinklady, I have been waiting for what seems like forever to be able to write this - according to ecas as of this morning - DECISION MADE!!
Fabulous news!! You'll probably get the COPR in the mail very soon, congrats!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
My COPR ARRIVED! It says issued on February 9, so it must have been around the world since then (it does look a bit bashed!) but it's HERE! Update the spreadsheet! Release the doves! Roll out the red carpet!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Irishladyloo said:
My COPR ARRIVED! It says issued on February 9, so it must have been around the world since then (it does look a bit bashed!) but it's HERE! Update the spreadsheet! Release the doves! Roll out the red carpet!
Fantastic news. So now is it off to Buffalo this weekend?!

RebeccaOttawa

Mar 19, 2012
Hi everyone!

My common-law partner (who is from Manchester) and I are almost ready to submit our application for permanent residency. However, there is one thing that we are confused about and we haven't been able to get a straight answer from CIC.

Does my partner need to have his medical BEFORE or AFTER we submit our application to Mississauga?

My understanding was that he needed to have the medical BEFORE submitting the application to Mississauga (e.g. the application would not be considered complete until the medical had been done). However, the doctor told us that this is not the case and that we should wait until I have been approved as a sponsor, and his file has been submitted to London from Mississauga, before having the medical.

Any clarification would be much appreciated!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
RebeccaOttawa said:
Hi everyone!

My common-law partner (who is from Manchester) and I are almost ready to submit our application for permanent residency. However, there is one thing that we are confused about and we haven't been able to get a straight answer from CIC.

Does my partner need to have his medical BEFORE or AFTER we submit our application to Mississauga?

My understanding was that he needed to have the medical BEFORE submitting the application to Mississauga (e.g. the application would not be considered complete until the medical had been done). However, the doctor told us that this is not the case and that we should wait until I have been approved as a sponsor, and his file has been submitted to London from Mississauga, before having the medical.

Any clarification would be much appreciated!
Doctor is incorrect - he maybe thinking of another application. It needs to be completed before and you need to send the IMM1017 form along with your application to Mississauga. The Doctor sends his part to Ottawa I believe where it is all entered onto a system so that London can match it up when they get to that stage.

You take along with you the Appendix C form (I think it is C!), plus some passport sized photos (4 I think) and they will fill out the IMM1017. They will have a copy of this as it is a triplicate form. Make sure you leave with your copy of the triplicate form, as this is what you must send in. It is written on the Document Checklist.