+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Anybody had sponsorship approval From Feb yet? On pinkladys spreadsheet there are people who sent their applications around the 4/5th and received approval about 3/4 weeks ago.. I sent mine on the 12th so only a week after theirs and havnt heard anything yet.. frustrating!!

luckyinlove

Nov 27, 2011
Jonnysion said:
Can any UK/Irish citizens help me with a Police Certificate query?

I got an email from London this morning asking for:
- $490 from sponsor for residence fee
- New medical examination (old one expires this month)
- New UK police certificate (again, old one expired).

All of the above I pretty much expected, which is fine -I'm just happy to be making some progress!

However they also asked for a Police Certificate from the "USA (FBI)" -I'm assuming this is because I lived there for 9 months in 1996 and of course I included that info on my application.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to obtain this from the UK? I've been searching for an hour but keep going around in circles.
Thanks in advance!
Hello, I have the same timeline as you for sponsor approval and i had a few questions for you? 1. When did you do your medicals and your police clearance. 2. Did you have any update on ECAS before you received this email to indicate application in processing (because we have not received any updates yet). Any response would be great.
Thank you.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Irishladyloo said:
SO, London finally emailed me back (after the email last Monday, March 5) and said that they posted my papers on Thursday, March 8 and to please not contact them about anything until I receive the documents that have been put in the post. At least now I know it's on the way!
Great news - but did they confirm they had sent it to your lawyers new address? It could well arrive tomorrow or Friday then I would say.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Hi Pinklady,

I am a new joiner.Please add me to your spreadsheet. I sent my applicantion on Feb 6th, received by Mississauga on Feb 7th.

Thank

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Victorfoxtrot said:
Great news - but did they confirm they had sent it to your lawyers new address? It could well arrive tomorrow or Friday then I would say.
Nope! I had emailed and said, "Getting anxious now as I'm not sure you have the right address," and the response I got was, "We posted these documents to the address we have on file for you. Please do not contact us to make any more enquiries until you receive this documents."

HMM!

Despite the address on ecas being incorrect, our lawyer said he sorted the change of address with them last week so hopefully... I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow or Friday! That would be so exciting. :D

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Decision Made! Soooo happy!

Haven't been on this forum in a while (been moving house and trying to get on with life throughout this whole immigration debacle!) and was delighted to see this morning that our status has been updated! Yay!

I'm HOPING 'Decision Made' is a good thing - but I still won't get too excited until we have some physical proof in our hands. I take it that as we haven't received PPR via email we will more than likely just get sent the COPR in the post? It says they started processing our application on 12th March so I'm hoping we could get it any day now...

But of course this is CIC we're dealing with, so there's no way things could ever have been completely smooth sailing… As I mentioned, we moved house 2-3 weeks ago so I sent a Case Specific Enquiry updating them of our change of address. I then heard no response for a week (and there was no change on ECAS) so I sent a second enquiry. Again…no reply! Today it says ‘Decision Made’ and on my (sponsor’s) page it lists our old address, and on my partners ECAS page it simply lists ‘Toronto, Ontario, Canada’ as his address! Which is odd as we’re still in the UK last time I checked!
So now I have no idea where our COPR (if we’ve been successful!) is being sent to!

Oh, the stress!

Anyway, good luck to all those waiting, and hopefully this means they’re working hard on lots more people’s applications! :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
liuminparis said:
Hi Pinklady,

I am a new joiner.Please add me to your spreadsheet. I sent my applicantion on Feb 6th, received by Mississauga on Feb 7th.

Thank
Hi liuminparis, welcome to the forum!
I have now added you to the spreadsheet. :)

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Called CIC yesterday to try and get more info on my app. Yesterday the CIC website said working on applications received 3rd Jan and mine was received 13th January, the lady was helpful though and checked all of my and my sponsors details anyway but couldnt find anything.. she said to phone back when they are past my date..

Well, I check today and the website says working on applications from the 25th Jan.. so way past mine! I call again and this time I ask for them to check again or hopefully give me more information because its past the date.. well the guy wasnt helpful and said my sponsor would have to call and cant take my information.. totally different info from yesterday??? Said I have to fill in and send the 'use of a rep' form to Mississauga if I want to do that. Just on hold calling them again to hopefully get someone else. My spouse cant call because she works past there close time and before there open time every day!! Frustrating!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Still nothing in the post today.

Found some cheap flights to take a wee trip home in April but am holding off until the COPR arrives because I don't want to book them only to get the COPR and realise it expires before my return flight.

I would be coming back on April 24 so my COPR should (if it's going by my medicals which were May 2011) in May this year right? May 24 to be precise! My passport is good until 2020 or something ridiculous like that. Still, even though it should all work out perfectly (I would land upon arrival on April 24), I'm really paranoid that I'll book everything and then for some reason my COPR will say I have to land by April 6 or something. Does the COPR expiry date ever vary or is it ALWAYS the one year "anniversary" of your medicals?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I think its usually the one year anniversary of your medicals, or the expiry date of your passport, whichever comes first.
Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Yeah it's the "usually" that has me worried! That just for some reason they'd decide it needed to be 14 days from the date they sent it or something silly! The fact that I can't find any reference to COPR expiry on the CIC website also has me thinking I should hold off on booking anything just yet!

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Hi alls. How r u every body. Can any one please tell me that is there any way to track if visa has stamped on passport. I drope my passport in persone. They said i can collect in two weeks .1 week has passed away . Thanks.

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
No way of knowing, really, at least I don't think so. You'll be getting it back in a week -- that's no time! I know waiting is difficult (I can't sit still because my COPR is arriving "any day now")... Seven days to go until you can pick it up! :D

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Hi,

Been on holiday so not able to check in here, my medical was recieved in February. So what does this mean?

Can't believe its mid March already! Fingers crossed for an early completion!!

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!