+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Decision made!! Aaaaaaaaah! I've just about wet me knickers. Now to wait for the email/letter/singing telegram/text message/whatever they've decided on using to notify me...

Sadly, my boyfriend chose this weekend to go away snowboarding with his mates so bar my beautiful boardsy friends I have NO ONE to share my excitement with.

Time to dance with the cat?

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Congrats Irishladyloo! I bet your COPR will turn up next week now - at least you have the reassurance it will get signed for at your lawyers office. Still not received mine, but the tracking number they gave me has finally been recognised by Canada Post's online tracker. Looks like it might arrive tomorrow (Friday), which is a bit of a bummer as we're off to Ottawa for the weekend and are getting an early start, so won't get to pick it up until Tuesday. I will be so glad to get that piece of paper in my hand!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Fantastic news Irishladyloo!!!!

apcmwh

Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
Hi Pinklady

I received verbal confirmation that my sponsorship was approved on 13 February. The email got lost in the ether so I called CIC today and they've just confirmed. Can you please update the spreadsheet?

Roll on COPR...

Thanks

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Victorfoxtrot said:
I'm going to disagree here with Pinklady - hope that's ok!? I assume you are referring to form IMM0008 - the Generic Application form for Canada? Question 10 under the Personal Information section asks you about your current country of residence and your status there. So for you I would simply put Canada, and then 'visitor'. Then just put the date you arrived as a visitor. Further on under Contact Info just fill out your Canadian address for the mailing one, and then tick the box that says same as Mailing address when it asks what your residential address is. No need to involve a UK address at all since you don't live there.
I am referring to IMM0008 and another question... they ask when I have been a visitor since and that's easy enough. But, they ask when until too. What date do I put here?
- the date that I sign the paper?
- can I print it out and write "present"
- if it is according to my official date according to my passport, I don't have one. I am in the process of restoring my visitor status and have not heard back from them.

Now I won't be ready to send my application for another 6 weeks at least.... but, I want to be on top of things and aware of every question.

thanks guys

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Yoodles everyone,

Pink Lady...are you allowed to go over to canada while your waiting for you final decision on your spouses pr? Just wondering if your allowed to relocate while its actually in process?

xxxxx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
You can visit, but you can't move there. Just take proof of your PR application and possibly proof of how you will be supporting yourself, and you'll be fine.

Elizabeth Joe

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
bonitanita said:
I am referring to IMM0008 and another question... they ask when I have been a visitor since and that's easy enough. But, they ask when until too. What date do I put here?
- the date that I sign the paper?
- can I print it out and write "present"
- if it is according to my official date according to my passport, I don't have one. I am in the process of restoring my visitor status and have not heard back from them.

Now I won't be ready to send my application for another 6 weeks at least.... but, I want to be on top of things and aware of every question.

thanks guys
you put in the date that you visitor status expires, either wait until you hear something back or I would put the date you asked for having your status extended to.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Jeri27 said:
My wife received her COPR and Visa on Valentine's Day :) She also booked her flight on March 9! Finally We are done! Thanks to all for you help! I will try to get on here as much as possible to help others! CHEERS!
GREAT!!!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Irishladyloo said:
Decision made!! Aaaaaaaaah! I've just about wet me knickers. Now to wait for the email/letter/singing telegram/text message/whatever they've decided on using to notify me...

Sadly, my boyfriend chose this weekend to go away snowboarding with his mates so bar my beautiful boardsy friends I have NO ONE to share my excitement with.

Time to dance with the cat?
May I suggest emailing them after a couple of days if you haven't received anything in the mail. I think it is standard to get a request for more photos. So if you have any from your previous application this will save you time! Really good news though!!

KristinB

Aug 20, 2010
Looks like they work on Saturday, I received my sponsor approval today in my email! Yeah. Pinklady please update me on the spreadsheet and thanks again for all your hard work, I look at the spreadsheet about a million times a week!

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Hello stranger!

Yay for all those who have got their COPR and PR's over the last weeks where I've been MIA. Still no news at all for us...sad but expected I guess.

So the time has arrived super quick I'm moving back to Canada (after 8yrs) in just 10 days. I'll have a list of things I've sent with the shipping company. Do I need anything else? Is there an official form or anything? Also, do I need to do anything so that my OHIP and all that sort of stuff kick back in in Canada?

Any help would be great xxx

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
hi everyone and congratulations to everyone recieving there COPR and PPR.
i hope somone can help me with this question, my landing date is the 9th march 2012, my question is do i have to fill out the the form called "list of goods imported" and "lists of goods to fallow".
because im not really taking much only my clothing and my kids clothing and some gift for my loved ones.
hope someone can help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Are you taking these items with you in suitcases or are they being shipped later? If you are bringing it all with you on your flight then you don't need the 'goods to follow' list

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
Hello, I am waiting to get my passport back, but had a question.

I am researching airplane tickets to Vancouver from Bogota and found good deals flying through the US, however i don't have any visa for the US. Having my PR for canada, without having landed yet, can I make connections (transit) through the US with just PR? My country needs a visa of some sort to go to the States.