+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
trickydicky16 said:
May I suggest emailing them after a couple of days if you haven't received anything in the mail. I think it is standard to get a request for more photos. So if you have any from your previous application this will save you time! Really good news though!!
Yes, I really hope it is good news! I'm fairly certain they will be contacting our lawyer regarding the decision (though ecas says "We will contact [Irishladyloo] regarding this decision," so who knows?). However, if we don't hear from them by next Friday, I will have him send an email on our behalf. They have been communicating with us via email up until this point, so I'm hoping for email again!

kamika

Feb 10, 2012
Hello,
I am hoping you can help for what seems to be a non-sense to me ;-)
I am from Montreal and will be sponsoring my british husband (outland). In the Application Details section of IMM 0008, question 7 reads :
Have you received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ)?
a.Check the corresponding box
b.If you checked “Yes”, please indicate the CSQ number
c.If you checked “No”, indicate the date when you applied for your CSQ

How are we supposed to have this information, when we first need to get the sponsorship application approved and forward a copy of this letter to the MICC when submitting the undertaking application. Plus, we are also supposed to send both sponsor and sponsored application at the same time... puzzled ???

Also, in the guide IMM 3999, page 35, they say sponsored should send his application in what seems to be a specific enveloppe to the sponsor's canadian address. Is this really important? Do I need to keep everything in that enveloppe. I am currently in London and will take my husband's application with me and just send everything when I go back to Canada.

Thank you in advance for your help!!! ;-)

ka

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
kamika said:
Hello,
I am hoping you can help for what seems to be a non-sense to me ;-)
I am from Montreal and will be sponsoring my british husband (outland). In the Application Details section of IMM 0008, question 7 reads :
Have you received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ)?
a.Check the corresponding box
b.If you checked “Yes”, please indicate the CSQ number
c.If you checked “No”, indicate the date when you applied for your CSQ

How are we supposed to have this information, when we first need to get the sponsorship application approved and forward a copy of this letter to the MICC when submitting the undertaking application. Plus, we are also supposed to send both sponsor and sponsored application at the same time... puzzled ???

Also, in the guide IMM 3999, page 35, they say sponsored should send his application in what seems to be a specific enveloppe to the sponsor's canadian address. Is this really important? Do I need to keep everything in that enveloppe. I am currently in London and will take my husband's application with me and just send everything when I go back to Canada.

Thank you in advance for your help!!! ;-)

ka

Hi kamika!

I think I can help you, I am going through the exact same thing; I'm from Montreal and I'm sponsoring my partner who's british as well (I feel your pain!). When you fill out the IMM 0008 form and select "No" to question 7, the rest of the boxes will get "blocked out" (I think it's when you validate the form at the end); we had to wait a few seconds before it actually showed though. When the application is through sponsorship, we're not meant to have the CSQ yet. Once you get you're sponsorship approval letter from CIC, they will tell you to then do the application to MICC (demande d'engagement) and for your husband to request a CSQ ( the forms are MUCH easier/shorter and it's a much faster process). And then the office in Mississauga will forward your husband's application to London for processing for his permanent residency; things get done more or less simultaneously.

As for sending the application to Mississauga, I did exactly the same thing as you're planning to do; we put both the sponsor and sponsored person's applications in one big enveloppe (we just placed everything in the order according to the checklist provided). We were in Edinburgh at the time and when we went to Montreal last autumn, I just posted the enveloppe from home. I think the reason the guide says for the sponsored person's form to be sent to the sponsor is if ever you're not living together/are apart at the time of application, but there's no need to keep the applications seperate.

Hope this has helped! let me know if you're still unsure about anything, it takes a while to actually get comfortable with the whole process! Best of luck :)

kamika

Feb 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your very helpful reply, vet25!!
I will certainly have more questions later, we are just starting to gather all the documentation, etc. so much fun ;-)

good luck pour la suite...

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
nessa O199 said:
Hello, I am waiting to get my passport back, but had a question.

I am researching airplane tickets to Vancouver from Bogota and found good deals flying through the US, however i don't have any visa for the US. Having my PR for canada, without having landed yet, can I make connections (transit) through the US with just PR? My country needs a visa of some sort to go to the States.
You do need a visa even for transit. Unfortunately!

I almost got sent back 2 years ago because I didn't know about this. Then, luckily, my visa waiver was still valid for my old passport which I had on my.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
I have it, I have it, I have it! Finally picked up COPR today. It actually arrived on Friday, but we were already in Ottawa. Feels great to finally have it. So now I have to get my SIN and health card.........am I right in thinking that because I'm in Canada already I can go and register for OHIP and they will back date it to when we received sponsor approval? I'm sure I have read that somewhere - you have to take your sponsor approval letter along?

Anyway, thanks for all the support! Pinklady, you can finally shade me in red. I would adjust the date of COPR to 26 Jan, as this is the day I believe I would have received it based on their mailing date of 19 Jan. It took exactly a week for the 2nd one to get here.

D

Danswo

So I thought I would post here to let you all know my story!

I applied back on 28th September 2011. Got sponsor approval on 8th Dec 2011, although never actually received it had to call to find out.
Because I had been admitted to Canada for a year my app was supposed to be sent to Buffalo. I never received an AOR from Buffalo so I sent a case specific enquiry to see if they had my application on the 6th February. Having heard nothing back, I went away skiing last week and mid week on the 16th February my eCas suddenly changed to decision made! I was like what the hey?! No AOR! No in process - just straight to that! I was a little worried it may have been bad news! :(

On my return from skiing, I had a knock on the door this morning and a Canada Post guy had an envelope for me from the High Commission in London! It was my COPR!!! :eek: It seems I was sent to London to alleviate the backlog at Buffalo and be processed quicker! 4 ½ months in all! Thank you sooooooo much London!!!

I am still shocked now! Can’t believe it is all over! Plan is to land this weekend and celebrate with family and friends a lot! Just wanted to share with fellow Londoner’s the good news that they are processing quickly and hope you all get approval soon!

Cheers.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Victorfoxtrot said:
I have it, I have it, I have it! Finally picked up COPR today. It actually arrived on Friday, but we were already in Ottawa. Feels great to finally have it. So now I have to get my SIN and health card.........am I right in thinking that because I'm in Canada already I can go and register for OHIP and they will back date it to when we received sponsor approval? I'm sure I have read that somewhere - you have to take your sponsor approval letter along?
Congrats on finally getting your hands on the COPR!
You can go and get your SIN and register for OHIP. The SIN you'll get right away and the actual card arrives about a week later.
You can register for OHIP but it will be 3 months until you are eligible. The healthcard will arrive around the time you become eligible. It is 3 months from the date of landing, not from sponsor approval.

But before you do any of that, you need to land!!!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Thanks Pinklady. It is interesting though with the new introduction of COPR, because when I consulted the list of docs accepted for OHIP registration, one of them is COPR. Which makes me wonder, if I go there tomorrow, register for OHIP with my COPR document, will it kick in 3 months from tomorrow's date, or the date I actually land. If it is the latter - how will they know I have landed? I've posted this on the Health section of the forum also, but so far no one seems to know. I shall go to register tomorrow in any case and update you all with my experience.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Victorfoxtrot said:
Thanks Pinklady. It is interesting though with the new introduction of COPR, because when I consulted the list of docs accepted for OHIP registration, one of them is COPR. Which makes me wonder, if I go there tomorrow, register for OHIP with my COPR document, will it kick in 3 months from tomorrow's date, or the date I actually land. If it is the latter - how will they know I have landed? I've posted this on the Health section of the forum also, but so far no one seems to know. I shall go to register tomorrow in any case and update you all with my experience.
The COPR will be updated when you land. You need to land before registering otherwise you are not a PR. You will sign the PR when you land and I think they update it with date of landing etc.
When arr you planning to land if you havent done so already?

The COPR isnt a new thing either, everybody received a COPR along with the passport with a visa in it. When you land you get a carbon copy of the COPR. The IO stapled mine into my passport when I landed.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
pinklady said:
The COPR will be updated when you land. You need to land before registering otherwise you are not a PR. You will sign the PR when you land and I think they update it with date of landing etc.
When arr you planning to land if you havent done so already?

The COPR isnt a new thing either, everybody received a COPR along with the passport with a visa in it. When you land you get a carbon copy of the COPR. The IO stapled mine into my passport when I landed.
Oh ok I see - seems a bit silly then that they allow you to register with just COPR. Well I had hoped to avoid having to drive to Buffalo, but looks like we'll be going this weekend then, unless I can get an appointment quickly.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Victorfoxtrot said:
Oh ok I see - seems a bit silly then that they allow you to register with just COPR. Well I had hoped to avoid having to drive to Buffalo, but looks like we'll be going this weekend then, unless I can get an appointment quickly.
The PPR step was eliminated as people who are visa exempt do not need the one entry visa to enter canada. When the passport was returned it also included the COPR. Now its just the COPR which makes sense. However you definitely need to land. Without this step you will not be a PR. You can register for SIN and OHIP with the COPR as the PR card itself takes 4-6 weeks to arrive. When you land you will provide a canadian address for your PR card to be sent to. This is all sorted out when you land. You also need to confirm all the details on the COPR are correct and sign in front of the IO. Do not sign this until you land.
As far as I know, it can take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment. Or else, yep a trip to the border.

Timetells

Feb 22, 2012
Hello

I have just joined and found some of the information very useful.

The background to my situation is as follows; I met my now wife on the internet, approximately 4 years ago, she came to me in the UK for 4 months on a visitors visa, and then had to return back to Canada. Since that time, we visited each other at least 2-3 times a year, and for usually 3-4 weeks. I then received a job offer, and applied for TWP and was successful in the LMO, however there was issues in getting my qualification recognised.

At this time I was in Canada on a visitors visa, initially for 3 months, and I applied for an extension and I was successful in this. We got married in January 2010 in Canada, but unfortunately I had to return to the UK, not being able to work was frustrating, and money was an issue. I returned back to the UK in March 2010, and then we applied for my wife to come to the UK as my wife, and we were successful in this and she joined me in November 2010. We have lived together since then and still continue to be happily married. However we have made the decision that we would prefer to be in Canada, so I am going to be making my application for my Spousal Visa with my wife sponsoring me.

My wife has been offered her old job back informally as we don't know exactly when we are due to return, we still have our old apartment which her 21 year old son is currently living in but continues to be in our names and tenancy agreement, we have an extremely good relationship with the landlord. The intention will be that fingers crossed I will have a successful visa application, and she will go back to Canada when this is approved and we have it in our hands. I then have to provide 2 months notice for my current job, so she will go over and get everything set up.

I am a bit concerned as the Sponsor application says that we need to show evidence that she intends to be in Canada with me, does anyone have any experience of this?

Also when I applied for TWP I sent them a Criminal records check, will I need to complete another one, or will that one still be valid? I know my medical has expired, and I will need to have that one again, thankfully there are more doctors in Manchester who do this now, as the last one was frightening lol.

Many thanks for any advice that can be provided

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Hi Timetells and welcome!!

You will need to send the complete application, with new copies of medicals etc.

If your wife intends to move back to Canada while you work your notice period then there is nothing to be concerned about; you wouldn't be able to do your PR landing without her being with you/being in the country already. When I sponsored my fiancé we sent details of where we were planning to stay when we arrived (I was living in England with him so we travelled to Canada together) and our plans for finding work etc. but as you already have accommodation you can just give this information.

Good luck with your application xx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey, welcome to the forum. To show plans to return to Canada, provide evidence of everything you mentioned above. Emails from the landlord stating you have a place to live, letters from family stating the same. Any communication however informal about her return to her old job. This will all be fine.

If you take a look at my spreadsheet you will see timelines for real cases through the London office. Average processing time from start to finish is 4-5 months.

Start reading through the application guides, forms and document checklists now. There is a lot of information to gather. Make sure you pay all the fees up front to avoid delays later on. The total should be $1040.

If you have more questions ask away. And good luck!