+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys im on the last leg of the application, criminal record check with fingerprint forms.... i hope they accept mine... ive done them all sent the info required only to recieve everything back.. i was depressed and peed off... but they said they want a RCMP check... when i checked i filled out a wrong information plus never paid the $25 they asked for the processing fee so resending it again with that fee and documents correctly filled out ...

pray it all goes through ... been waiting for my application since August 2011.... im frstrated so is my wife ... im being sponsoered by her living apart is not a good thing at all ... :(

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
I need to stop coming on these forums to look. I'm to impatient and we've only just had the sponsorship approval.

looking at the spreadsheet from PinkLady there are some very promising processing times and I can only hope for the same.
I just hope they are happy with all the information we provided to them and that they see us as a genuine relationship. From what we sent I don't see how you could doubt it but I guee you never know how the mind of the visa officer will work on the day.

Finger crossed.

Congrats to those who have recently had the PR and good luck to those who are currently in process.

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is very difficult not to check this forum and CIC regularly for good news and new information. I think it is all part of the process....being addicted to checking.

SH8288

Jan 9, 2012
hi hsbaloch,

want to ask you one think, i just saw that my application status has been change to ''Application in process''thanks god,could you tell me what will be the next step and if i really hoping they will not ask any Docs and how long it will more take ?my details are

Application file 16/9/11
approval 18/11/11
Application in process 19/01/11

SH8288

Jan 9, 2012
hi everyone,

want to ask you one think, i just saw that my application status has been change to ''Application in process''thanks god,could you tell me what will be the next step and if i really hoping they will not ask any Docs and how long it will more take ?my details are

Application file 16/9/11
approval 18/11/11
Application in process 19/01/12

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH8288 said:
hi hsbaloch,

Application file 16/9/11
approval 18/11/11
Application in process 19/01/11
Hi,

it is a good sign, I so hope you hear some good news from them soon!

normally London keeps the ecas status to ''medical received'' for most of the time, once it says ''in process'' means a decision is on its way soon.

this is how I have noticed so far on this forum and my own experience is that as soon as it is ''in process'' next step is copr or ppr within next few days, mine was changed from in process to decision made on same day!

if this is the case, your timeline is pretty quick but thats how London works, I am sure you're gonna hear something very soon from them!

good luck mate!

SH8288

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks baloch for reply buddy, another thing is one and a half week before my wife did an email to london for asking the status of our case they said your application is awaiting for review to the visa officer, now i am hoping everything will be ok but the question arise here is... did they complete my background check etc. or do you think this is the part of ''in process'' i mean how long they ll gona take for background check coze i m also from pakistan and lives in ireland on student status from 5 and half years...

what is your opinion ?

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys, ok im frustrated... have had some RCMP forms sent back to me... had my fingerrints done in the uk by new scotland yard.. obviously im applying for permanent resident, but on the RCMP website it says application for immigration to canada obviously im migrating to canada .. but... ive ordered the RCMP forms and filled out the bottom parts of it cus apprently they accept foregn forms with certain ways of doing the fingerprints.... im sending these forms back to them with the RCMP forms filled out, the scotland yard finger print forms with my prints on there, i hpe they dont send them back to me again its frustrating when the websites are not clearly telling what they want ... :(

last bit and this grief mannnnnn arghhhh im frustrated as hell ... anyone can help me at all?

or am i just being stupid and ridiculous?

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
I officially landed today at Canada Place Edmonton, pretty painless, the hard part was waiting in line for so long, but once in the room it went pretty fast. We have to contact Border control to submit our GTF list, and went straight downstairs after to service Canada to get my SIN number. So yay, all done and dusted now, good luck to all still waiting, and try not to get to paranoid on checking, it is addictive. :)

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Congratulations MandyUK. I can't wait until I can say the same. DYING for this nasty business to be a distant memory...

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
I actually had a question (and pardon me if it seems a bit stupid to have to ask):

I see a lot of people talking about RCMP checks/fingerprinting. When I sent my application in, all I sent was a criminal record check from Ireland. Is this another step in the application that I have yet to encounter or is it a special circumstance thing that may be requested/may not (like the interview)?

For the record, I am applying outland via London (obviously -- I wouldn't be in this thread otherwise), but am in Canada as a visitor. I arrived in Canada at the end of February 2011 and was given a six month visa upon entry. In August I applied to have this tourist visa extended. I was awarded a 12-month extension (not valid for re-entry, so I can't leave) in December 2011. Just in case that has any bearing on the answer to my question!

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Congrats MandyUK! So glad to hear all went smoothly!

I'm still waiting for my status to change to Medicals Received! ARGH!! I'm hoping I'm one of those cases where you can't rely on ecas and that all of a sudden I'll just jump to Processing!

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
I hope I haven't jumped the gun here but would love some opinions...I've booked mine and my son's flights back home for the end of April. My husband is planning on joining us in June. This isn't going to be a problem is it? I don't have to enter with him do I, having applied outland? There are a few reasons why we need to do it this way (wont get into details, but I need to be in canada for May, purely selfish reasons so I can participate in all of my sister's pre-wedding hoopla). We only just got sponsor approval this month on the 17th, so we're banking on the hope that he'll get his PR well before June. Looking at timelines, doesn't look like it should be an issue, but am slightly worried now that maybe I should've waited to book flights...but then they were so cheap, I had to do it before the prices went up! Stupid?

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
awilliams123 said:
I hope I haven't jumped the gun here but would love some opinions...I've booked mine and my son's flights back home for the end of April. My husband is planning on joining us in June. This isn't going to be a problem is it? I don't have to enter with him do I, having applied outland? There are a few reasons why we need to do it this way (wont get into details, but I need to be in canada for May, purely selfish reasons so I can participate in all of my sister's pre-wedding hoopla). We only just got sponsor approval this month on the 17th, so we're banking on the hope that he'll get his PR well before June. Looking at timelines, doesn't look like it should be an issue, but am slightly worried now that maybe I should've waited to book flights...but then they were so cheap, I had to do it before the prices went up! Stupid?
Well awilliams123, I just got sponsorship approval a couple weeks back and my fiancé and I have already planned to move on the 29th of February. We won't have his COPR by then but we're going anyway. Just make sure your address is always up to date on the system and you can go whenever you want.

Also, you don't need to be with him when he lands.

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
Thanks shudda, that is reassuring. Right, I need to start selling all my stuff on ebay now...