+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
British_Bulldog said:
;) We waited four months. London's processing times are at 7 months right now, but most people are hearing anywhere between 3 and 5 months. All the best, you're nearly there!! :eek:)
Ive kind of put a date we can go around 4 months time so fingers crossed :) Alssoooo another quick pick of your brains. I had an email fromt he London Visa office because Id enquired about our application ( I am extremely impatient..lol). they sent me one back just saying theyd recieved our application on the 9th November and it as on file and would contact us when our application was ready to be processed to the next level. Sooooo does this mean that our processing time in London is from the 9th November ORR from when I recieved sponsorship approval on the 19th Jan :)

Thankk You for putting up with my questions!!

xxx

RGM1980

Jan 23, 2012
Hi everyone, this is my first post, I hope I stay on topic for the thread. I'm just looking for a little advice and any pointers that can be offered.

I am a Canadian citizen, my common-law partner is Scottish, (British Citizen). We met while both of us were backpacking in Australia and have been together since Jan. 2010. When our visa's expired in Australia, she returned to Canada with me, and we have been trying to figure out how to handle this application for the last few months.

We are at the stage of having all our forms filled out, and having received police clearences for her from both the UK and Australia (we were there more then 6 months). Our last hold up is the medical exam. I have read conflicting info as to if we do it before and send with innitial application, or if we wait and "receive direction" at some step in my sponsor approval.

We are tight on funds, and having to do this without an immigration lawyer. I just don't want to leave something out, that may cause a hold up. We are applying to London, because we cannot have any issue with my partner leaving the country to return home, her mother has medical issues and we don't want her unable to visit if need be. As well as needing the process completed asap so she can work.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hey Guys!
My husband received his renewal for medicals and police report along with three other forms after two
years of process! Very happy though although just wanted to know if anyone else went through this
process and how long it took until they got their PPR and landed? The email we received said four months
but i thought if i send my doctors letter saying I'm pregnant and due in a bit they would maybe consider
speeding it up??

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Do the medicals and I think the doctor will mail the results to the Visa office. If you don't do it before you mail in your application it will just be a delay in the process.
Perhaps the rules have changed recently and they don't want the medicals right away, however I have never heard of an option where you do the medicals after sponsorship approval....other than if your original medicals have run out that is..they're valid for a year.

Good luck!

RGM1980 said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post, I hope I stay on topic for the thread. I'm just looking for a little advice and any pointers that can be offered.

I am a Canadian citizen, my common-law partner is Scottish, (British Citizen). We met while both of us were backpacking in Australia and have been together since Jan. 2010. When our visa's expired in Australia, she returned to Canada with me, and we have been trying to figure out how to handle this application for the last few months.

We are at the stage of having all our forms filled out, and having received police clearences for her from both the UK and Australia (we were there more then 6 months). Our last hold up is the medical exam. I have read conflicting info as to if we do it before and send with innitial application, or if we wait and "receive direction" at some step in my sponsor approval.

We are tight on funds, and having to do this without an immigration lawyer. I just don't want to leave something out, that may cause a hold up. We are applying to London, because we cannot have any issue with my partner leaving the country to return home, her mother has medical issues and we don't want her unable to visit if need be. As well as needing the process completed asap so she can work.

Thank you

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
Congrats Victorfoxtrot (and all others who have received good news!) Such a relief to see movement in London again!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Getting nervous about landing.. the list of goods... do I present them at passport control or customs? :-\

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Good question Daisie i was thinking the same lol.
Also another question, Hubby is Canadian and i am PR on the goods to follow list do we put the goods are mine ( under new resident ) or his ( under returning resident ) i'm a little confused.
Well done to all the guys that have heard news this year, hope everyone else hears soon :)

Oct 21, 2011
Yay! We got COPR!! It seems like it went by so fast! Now we just have to cross the border to "land" and make it official! Thanks everyone for the support and advice! Pinklady, you were spot on - you estimated that my husband would be landed by February and you were right!! :D

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
RGM1980 said:

Thank you
Print off all the forms and read them through, plus the instruction guides before you do anything. Note down anything you discover you need as you are reading. Medicals are required to be sent with your application - there's a Sponsor Checklist as part of the sponsor forms, and on there it says to include proof of the applicants medicals (IMM1017 - it's the receipt the doctor gives you), and again on Appendix A checklist for the immigrant it lists proof of medical. If you don't include it, it will delay your application. The other thing to do is when you pay the fees, is pay the RPRF up front. It's the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. You have the option to not pay it, but again it delays things as the CIC have to contact you, ask you to pay it and wait for you to confirm you have etc. You are right to be doing the outland via London app, it is much quicker. Good luck.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
essex0227 said:
Good question Daisie i was thinking the same lol.
Also another question, Hubby is Canadian and i am PR on the goods to follow list do we put the goods are mine ( under new resident ) or his ( under returning resident ) i'm a little confused.
Well done to all the guys that have heard news this year, hope everyone else hears soon :)
The goods are yours, new resident.

All will become clear when you arrive in Canada. You will follow the signs to immigration along with everyone else, then when you are called forward explain that you are landing. You will then be directed to somewhere else to 'land' and it is here that you will present the goods to follow form.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Daisies said:
Do the medicals and I think the doctor will mail the results to the Visa office. If you don't do it before you mail in your application it will just be a delay in the process.
Perhaps the rules have changed recently and they don't want the medicals right away, however I have never heard of an option where you do the medicals after sponsorship approval....other than if your original medicals have run out that is..they're valid for a year.

Good luck!
Do the medicals before you send the application. Try and leave it as late as possible before posting as they are valid for a year.
Also make sure the sponsor obtains the option C printout.
A good idea is to have a good look at the document checklists. This will show you everything you need.
Pay the full amount up front. It should total $1040. This will stop delays further down the line.
And make sure you provide solid evidence of your relationship.
Good luck!
If you have more questions, just ask.

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Hi Pink Lady,

An update for your spreadsheet. My application was tracked and received in Mississauga on January 13th! Thanks.

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Congratilations doubleentendre! :)

usewes

Jul 4, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/03/2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Hi there...Just finishing up my wife's application and hopefully getting in the mail in the next week. Had a quick question about documents. What, if any do I need to get notarised? I've read some people getting letters from families notarised...necessary?

Thanks for the help!