+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
British_Bulldog said:
WE GOT COPR THIS MORNING TOOOOOO!!!!! I'm sooo happy, one very long journey finally over!!! :D :D :D :D
Congrats, I was hoping someone would get some good news today!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shudda said:
We are in the same boat then! We booked our one-way tickets last week and I really felt sick to my stomach! We leave on the 29th of Feb (only have to be reminded of leaving London every 4 years ;) )

My family's in Guelph but we're planning on heading to downtown Toronto at first as it's good for my fiance's work and as I'm an actor, I'll move around regardless. I'll be auditioning for the Stratford Festival the first week of March so maybe there's nothing but good things for us over there!!! Fingers crossed!
Shudda, have you booked your tickets already? Has your boyfriend received his COPR, and I missed it? I know our timelines are very similiar.

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
123me said:
Shudda, have you booked your tickets already? Has your boyfriend received his COPR, and I missed it? I know our timelines are very similiar.
No he hasn't received it but we're heading over as my visa runs out here on the 7th of Feb so we thought we may as well start settling in there and hopefully his COPR won't be too far behind! When it comes we'll just head to Buffalo for a day and he can land that way.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
British_Bulldog said:
WE GOT COPR THIS MORNING TOOOOOO!!!!! I'm sooo happy, one very long journey finally over!!! :D :D :D :D
Congratulations!!!!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shudda said:
No he hasn't received it but we're heading over as my visa runs out here on the 7th of Feb so we thought we may as well start settling in there and hopefully his COPR won't be too far behind! When it comes we'll just head to Buffalo for a day and he can land that way.
Right, okay, that makes sense. My husband's status says application received Nov. 3rd (same day as Mississauga) and medicals received.....I have no idea what stage they are at for him in London. Not even sure they have started processing there.

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
British_Bulldog said:
I was noticing your timeline on the spreadsheet, why did yours take so long?

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
123me said:
Right, okay, that makes sense. My husband's status says application received Nov. 3rd (same day as Mississauga) and medicals received.....I have no idea what stage they are at for him in London. Not even sure they have started processing there.
Mine's still saying application received for the first stage - hasn't even been updated to approved yet so who knows how the online status works?!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Still no news. No change on Ecas, nothing in the post, nothing in the inbox. Am grumpy! Congrats to everyone who has got theirs. I already here in Toronto, just sitting waiting - well obviously I do other stuff, but it is hard waiting especially when everyone else seems to be getting theirs. I really hope this week is my week too.....there are still 2.5 days of it left. Just want to get on with our lives, for the last 18 months our lives have been on hold - sure we're luckier than some in that we are together, but life is definitely limiting when I'm just a visitor. This last part is agony, as it feels so close, but in reality it could still be months away......I really really hope not. I keep thinking that if they needed more info or if they want me for an interview, then surely I would have heard something from them by now?

DAISIES - you said you have emailed the London office......up to now I have not done this since I thought you couldn't do so if you application was still within their publicised processing times. What did you say?

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Victorfoxtrot said:
Still no news. No change on Ecas, nothing in the post, nothing in the inbox. Am grumpy! Congrats to everyone who has got theirs. I already here in Toronto, just sitting waiting - well obviously I do other stuff, but it is hard waiting especially when everyone else seems to be getting theirs. I really hope this week is my week too.....there are still 2.5 days of it left. Just want to get on with our lives, for the last 18 months our lives have been on hold - sure we're luckier than some in that we are together, but life is definitely limiting when I'm just a visitor. This last part is agony, as it feels so close, but in reality it could still be months away......I really really hope not. I keep thinking that if they needed more info or if they want me for an interview, then surely I would have heard something from them by now?

DAISIES - you said you have emailed the London office......up to now I have not done this since I thought you couldn't do so if you application was still within their publicised processing times. What did you say?
I know you feel grumpy, but I did have to laugh at the "just waiting-well obviously do other stuff" sentence, as I can completely relate to what you are saying and our application is not as far as yours I am sure. I work part-time, so I have a lot of time on my hands, time I use to read this forum, and keep checking my email.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
123me said:
I work part-time, so I have a lot of time on my hands, time I use to read this forum, and keep checking my email.
I envy you being able to work. That's the most frustrating thing. At first the prospect of spending some time unemployed as a lady of leisure was appealing, but then it really starts to grind you down. There's only so much housework, coffee drinking and going to the gym that a girl can do!

kicker123

Jan 17, 2012
Hi Pinklady :)

my info for your spreadsheet is as follows...

Spousal route outland via London.
Application Rec'd Nov 2/11 Acknowledged: Dec 29/11
Sponsorship accepted and application on route to London visa office Jan 17/12

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
kicker123 said:
Hi Pinklady :)

my info for your spreadsheet is as follows...

Spousal route outland via London.
Application Rec'd Nov 2/11 Acknowledged: Dec 29/11
Sponsorship accepted and application on route to London visa office Jan 17/12
I have added you to the spreadsheet :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey everyone, I have made some changes to the spreadsheet. The different years are now seperated into different tabs. So don't panic if you take a look and think all the info has vanished!
I thought it made sense.

Waiting for some more updates!! :)

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Victorfoxtrot said:
I envy you being able to work. That's the most frustrating thing. At first the prospect of spending some time unemployed as a lady of leisure was appealing, but then it really starts to grind you down. There's only so much housework, coffee drinking and going to the gym that a girl can do!
Right, I live here, and my husband lives in England. I am an occasional teacher here but there is not a lot of work, so I have to busy myself these days. I am on the computer too much....I do go to the gym like you, which is a good thing.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Victorfoxtrot:

They say not to email if it isn't urgent, but after I got the letter of sponsorship approval I had to e-mail because they had spelled my name wrong. They never replied to that e-mail, but did correct the spelling on e-cas. After several months they e-mailed me and asked for a missing document, I then replied to that e-mail a couple of times with questions...can't remember now what it was though! When I finally got the document they had asked for, I sent it to London using courier. I thought they would then pretty much right away send me ppr, but when they didn't, I got frustrated and sent an e-mail a week later asking if they had received the document I had sent. They haven't replied to that e-mail, but ecas was updated a few days ago saying "decision made".

What does your ecas say? If it says "decision made" you could e-mail and ask what they decided as you haven't heard anything...

Lucky you being in Canada already!! But I totally understand the agony of waiting, waiting, waiting. :'(